What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2003 Discussion and results

brenno

Juniors
well done penny panthers. Loved how u stuck it up those kiwi's. Anyways, next week you guys will be going down in the premier league grand final but i hope you can get up in 1st grade and give it to those latte boys from bondi junction (especially wonderboy). :D :D Goodluck for next weekend, i'll be cheering for you guys in 1st grade thats for sure. I'll try and encourage everybody i know to do the same.

poojar

Juniors
slippery eel said:
poojar said:
yeah go you Panthers, do it for all us western suburbanites - that includes panthers, magpies and eels suporters.

speak for yourself!.

ok, that includes panthers supporters and this campbelltown resident eels supporter!!!!

Doctor

Bench
Don't be fooled by the name, I'm a passionate Knights fan with no allegiance or love of the Goosters.

I've just come on here to congratulate your side on making the big one next week. I'm all for your mob winning the big one for two reasons: I hate the Roosters, and I'm also all for the underdog - the Panthers are coming up against a very good football side on Sunday and will need to put something special together, but I think you can do it.

The Panthers yesterday looked keen - Girdler, Gower, the Bruise-Brothers in the second row - they all looked mean, but more importantly ready to give the premiership title a shake or two.

Much like the Knights in 1997, the Panthers come up against a side that is a lot better than their own according to many judges, and few expect the Panthers to win. But that is exactly why underdog status is so good - surprise warfare.

I hope the Panthers win on Sunday - get behind your team and know that most people in rugby league want you to win ahead of the Roosters -

Go Panthers. :eek:

Kaz

junior
Good Luck to your team in the Grand Final.

I am tipping the Panthers to win by about 10-16 points.

Most Broncos supporters will be going for the Panthers as well.

yes guys, fans who support other teams that didnt make the grand final, lets get behind the mighty panthers. looking forward to supporting the panthers again for the grand final. as i was a panthers fan as a kid but changed allegence to the broncos after realizing that id probably end up living in brisbane all my life. I still have the penrith flag i bought at the only game i ever went to at penrith football stadium (which incidently was the last game ben alexander ever played :(). so cmon panthers!!!!!!!

Punk

Juniors
I've read the Panther forums on a number of occasions, and I can honestly say that many of their fans 'egos' rival that of their Rooster counterparts. Unusual considering the fact that they have been a perennial cellar dweller of the competition.

mightypanther

Juniors
Thanks everyone for your good wishes for our guys.

I am still in shock at the fact that we have actually manged to get 2 sides into the grand final. It has certainly been a fairytale ride this season, and I'm glad that we still get to enjoy it all for one more week.

I still remember the joy of everyone at the Panthers Leagues club back in 1991. The atmosphere was amazing, and we got a taste of that back at the club last night.

The roar of the fans at the after match presentation when the guys walked in was deafening. You could see from the surprised looks on the players faces that they were a little shocked and not expecting such a resounding welcome.

Win or lose next week, no-one can take away what we have achieved already. We won more games during the season than any other team. We have the minor premiership, AND we have 2 teams in the grand final. WOW -- what a team -- what a season -- what a feeling.

I was talking to a few of the players last night, and they are handling it all with fantastic maturity, and are not getting too carried away with it all. They still had their feet firmly on the ground, and were not acting at cocky or arrogant at all. They were all just as easy to talk to and down to earth as they were when I spoke to them at the beginning of the year -- before the fairytale began.

They simply said that they were going to knuckle down and give it their best shot next week, because they were not going their to make up the numbers, they will be playing to win. If they are good enough on the day, that's fantastic -- if not so be it.

GOOD LUCK BOYS. IT'S BEEN ONE HELLUVA RIDE.

I really hope that the wonderful Scott Sattler will get the opportunity to hold the trophy high before he has to leave us.

GO THE MIGHTY PENRITH PANTHERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caged Panther

First Grade
MP... good to see your familiar face around here.

I too remember 1991 but being 10 years old I don't really think I understood what a significant achievement it was at the time. But 12 years of tortuerous performances and underachieving slowly taught me that lesson.

In any case I'm looking foward to going to the gf this week and making my way back to the club for a celebration of some description, whether it be of one of just a fantastic year or that of a grand final win.

Note to anyone at panthers, beef up security monday morning we don't want anyone ambusing the armaguard truck as happened that glorious monday morning in 1991 :lol: :lol:

Caged Panther

First Grade
pennywisealfie said:
(which incidently was the last game ben alexander ever played :(). so cmon panthers!!!!!!!

interesting that you should mention that as I truly believe it is the one event that was the catalyst for out slippery slide to the bottom. Only now have we recovered.

BJ

Juniors
Good luck panthers.. you guys deserve it..

will also be good to see some future wests tigers running around for u guys in both your grand final teams.. good luck..

panthersballboy

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
pennywisealfie said:
(which incidently was the last game ben alexander ever played :(). so cmon panthers!!!!!!!

interesting that you should mention that as I truly believe it is the one event that was the catalyst for out slippery slide to the bottom. Only now have we recovered.

Yeah it not only shocked the players but rocked the whole penrith community. Penrith has needed this for a while and the community is buzzing again thanks to the 03 panthers.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can bet yourselves that thsi Tigers fan is going for the chocolate soldiers. I hope the Rorters can their arse handed to em!!!! :lol: :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck guys.......hope that the chooks are well and truly stuffed when we hear the siren.

Terminator

First Grade
Go the Panthers, I was the only one in the pub going for you, and I was getting threatened with dirty looks from drunken pissed off and very loud Maoris, eat up them chookies! :D

OVP

Coach
Poor Penrith ... youve just got sooooooo many losers on your side :(

Oh well ... good luck anyway :lol:

OVP

Coach
I think 1975's scoreline is in BIG danger.

Penrith have too many losers on their side :lol:

HappyTiger

Juniors
Congrats on making the GF and good luck against that scum from Bondi.From one team out West to another i sure hope u guys can stop the premiership heading back to the eastern suburbs.

Latest posts