What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2019

Tigerm

First Grade
The players have been signed, the team has done the work, I believe we have the group to get us into the 8? Hopefully top 4.

Though I say this every year, but Madge just seems to give a quiet confidence.

Let the whistle blow and the ride begin, cant wait.

super_coach

First Grade
Being a negative Nev from what back the word that will describe our season is...Long.

All the usual things are in short supply..skill, size,speed,power and a goal kicker. On paper we are a bottom two team. On the bright side I said the same thing last year, but I think we grossly over achieved last year

Tiger Ted

Bench
Being a negative Nev from what back the word that will describe our season is...Long.

All the usual things are in short supply..skill, size,speed,power and a goal kicker. On paper we are a bottom two team. On the bright side I said the same thing last year, but I think we grossly over achieved last year
Very true although the one area we’ve massively improved on is the coaching department.Weve gone from a dickhead one trick pony to a brilliant lateral thinking strategist who will b working overtime re attaining contingencies for our many obvious shortfalls.

Btw I don’t wish to think of the old adage that the coach is only as good as his cattle.I prefer to look at the inverse regarding our squad.

Tiger05

First Grade
We are a better team than last year but we have some issues don't we. The problem is you pick players and they have flaws. I think having Nofo, Marsters, Fonua and Jennings as our outside backs gives us some real power but apart from Jennings they are all terrible defenders.

Brooks is a becoming a great little player. Mbye might go to that level. We have some decent forwards.

We have some problems in our 6 & 9 that need to be fixed but I suppose we also have some options there.

gordsy

Juniors
If Madge can fix our consistency and ability to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and assuming Injuried are kind then no doubt we make the 8. If however we have a patch like last year where we lose 10 out 12 then we deserve to miss the 8. 8 is a start but we use the afl finals system and from memory no one in either code has won the big dance from outside the 4. So until we get to that stage we won't be in the grand final.

Undeafeated premiers!

The best case scenario is 7 or 8 I reckon. You never can tell though. Half way through 05 we were looking like last was a possibility.

The glass is well full of hope and dreams.....even if I don't really believe it

Das Hassler

Bench
Half way through 05 we were looking like last was a possibility.

Sure were...i remember Deano apologizing to the fans after a mid season loss saying ..we're working on something but it'll he a bit messy untill it comes together...asked everyone to be patient for a while longer....14th at about rnd 14 i think it was. ..stand to be corrected
Note....asked by a friend how long we tigers supporters will feed off '05.....told him for a bit longer ....still tastes good

west4ever

Juniors
We will struggle at the start of the year until we get the combinations right than we will become a force to be rekond with Finnish well inside the 8 and be unstoppable this is the tigers year

magpie_man

Juniors
I love the signings of Musgrove and Jennings - would love another middle forward though.
We have a decent enough forward pack (albeit no depth) that should hold its own against the other pigs. I think Madge's coaching will add some starch.
Our backs are decent enough in attack but defensively they still are a concern.
The real deal-breaker is the spine: Brooks needs to lift another gear this year; we desperately need Liddle to come along; Mbye and Reynolds need to provide that little bit of x-factor.
Motivation shouldn't be an issue - they'll be fired-up after the whole Cleary circus.

Shredder

Juniors
Yeah its funny. Weve gone back to having little depth, but I agree with you MM.

I think for once the players we have got in the offseason are actually what we needed. Im not expecting Madge to fix it straight away and a thousand coaches have tried to fix our defence unsuccessfully.

If our spine gels, and we dont have a lot of major injuries, we will do OK.

super_coach

First Grade
We will be a hard grafting style of team, Iam not sure we have enough points in us to be a top eight team. Mid year when the grind kicks in, will be big test as most years we fall in a heap

Latest posts