What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021 Trials

Only 33 named for 1st trial. I guess at one stage there just be be a small number of perhaps 10 (who might be used this year) on the field together, e.g the likes of Talau, Laurie, Madden, Seyfarth, Utoikamanu, Chee Kam, Liddle and 3 more or so.

Tyrone Roberts-Davis, Zac Cini, Reece Hoffman, Tommy Talau, Allan Fitzgibbon, Daine Laurie, Jock Madden, Alex Seyfarth, Jake Simpkin, Stefano Utoikamanu, Michael Chee Kam, Kelma Tuilagi, Tuki Simpjins, Jacob Liddle, Kiah Cooper, Tyler Field, Ky Rodwell, Zach Dockar-Clay, Edenn Rogers-Smith, Iverson Fautiamu, Joe Taipari, William Kei, Logen Dillon, Israel Ogden, Curtis Wilson, Liam Scolari, Austin Dias, Regan Hughes, Semisi Kioa, Etuale Lui, Mavoni Tuifua, Daniel Sykes, Billy Stapelton

Perth Tiger

Bench
I am guessing that squad is listed in position order. Laurie and Madden battling it out to see who gets the round 1 start in place of AD?

Interested to see how Utoikamanu and Tuki Simpkins go

Finally good to start some talk about the teams even if most of them will be in reserve grade all year

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I am guessing that squad is listed in position order. Laurie and Madden battling it out to see who gets the round 1 start in place of AD?

Interested to see how Utoikamanu and Tuki Simpkins go

Finally good to start some talk about the teams even if most of them will be in reserve grade all year

If true, Simpkin starting over Liddle aswell but it’s probably just smoke screens

no blore? Maybe the rumours of him being injured were correct

Also have heard some good things about that Tuki Simpkins kid we nabbed from the cowboys, he has been flattening some of our big boys in contact sessions and is probably the best wrestler at the club. The club seems keen to groom him as a lock.

I actually missed that Perth T, assume they’d get 20 or so minutes together. Simpkin b4 Liddle was reported by someone on here weeks ago so actually seeing him in a starting position is the only way the coaching staff are going to get a true idea. No doubt next week the roles will be reversed.

Hopefuuly the Tigers post some of the highlights on their site, love to see some of the speed on display.

macnaz

Staff member
I actually missed that Perth T, assume they’d get 20 or so minutes together. Simpkin b4 Liddle was reported by someone on here weeks ago so actually seeing him in a starting position is the only way the coaching staff are going to get a true idea. No doubt next week the roles will be reversed.

Hopefuuly the Tigers post some of the highlights on their site, love to see some of the speed on display.
It should be live streamed here , at worst case you may need Kayo.
https://www.nrl.com/tv/watch-live/?...01VcXRrVnh5YWdPX1htNmdRcEhmZm94ZGd3SHZZS0x6OA..

Tiger Ted

Bench
I’m surprised that Kepaoa isn’t named to play in this trial.Wondering if he has jumped Talau in pecking order.

Perth Tiger

Bench
If true, Simpkin starting over Liddle aswell but it’s probably just smoke screens

no blore? Maybe the rumours of him being injured were correct

Also have heard some good things about that Tuki Simpkins kid we nabbed from the cowboys, he has been flattening some of our big boys in contact sessions and is probably the best wrestler at the club. The club seems keen to groom him as a lock.

My read on Simpkin and Liddle is that they probably want to get as many minutes into Simpkin as possible given he missed out on all footy last year and Liddle will be heavily managed given his injury history. Liddle would only be given enough minutes spread over 2 games to get him into match condition for round 1 and then hope for no more injuries during the year.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I’m surprised that Kepaoa isn’t named to play in this trial. Wondering if he has jumped Talau in pecking order.

Yeah that is an interesting one, particularly since it seems the two centre spots are already taken by Roberts and Joey.

Also interested to see how Hoffman has progressed. He was on a development contract last year but leap frogged Cini, Bradley and Dylan Smith last year to debut and now getting a run at center ahead of Cini again even though he is still on a development contract.

Another one is Seyfarth, he was talked up by the staff and players last year in pre season but I didn't see much from him when he played and thought McIntyre was better, but he has got another year so will be make or break from him.

Tiger05

First Grade
I’m surprised that Kepaoa isn’t named to play in this trial.Wondering if he has jumped Talau in pecking order.

My personal opinion is that Kepaoa is a better winger than Talau. I can see Talau though taking that right centre spot at some point.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I'm assuming that the trial team named is basically the 2nd team.

It will be very disappointing if we don't win this game comfortably. The Roosters side doesn't have a single player who will go close to playing first grade this year while we have 3 certain players in the top 17 (Liddle, Stefano and Talau) and another half a dozen that would be expecting to play a significant part of the season in top grade

Tiger05

First Grade
It will be very disappointing if we don't win this game comfortably. The Roosters side doesn't have a single player who will go close to playing first grade this year while we have 3 certain players in the top 17 (Liddle, Stefano and Talau) and another half a dozen that would be expecting to play a significant part of the season in top grade

I'm not sure if Stefano and Talau are guaranteed spots in the top 17. Liddle might even be a hit and miss although I expect him to make the first team.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
My personal opinion is that Kepaoa is a better winger than Talau. I can see Talau though taking that right centre spot at some point.

That’s because Talau is a centre first and foremost. Case in point last game of the season 2020 where he played a blinder in said position

Perth Tiger

Bench
I'm not sure if Stefano and Talau are guaranteed spots in the top 17. Liddle might even be a hit and miss although I expect him to make the first team.
you may be right, but still there are about 8-10 players who would be hoping/expecting to play a significant amount of first grade this year compared to none from the roosters so anything less than a win will be disappointing

Tiger05

First Grade
you may be right, but still there are about 8-10 players who would be hoping/expecting to play a significant amount of first grade this year compared to none from the roosters so anything less than a win will be disappointing

You are definitely correct here but it's going to be a half cocked trial. It's not the end of the world if we don't win 50 nil.

Latest posts