What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

WA Tiger

Bench
Looks likely

Apparently we’re going to use the Aloiai compo to try and get Laurie from Penrith for this year who would then be 1

I read somewhere they see Joe O as an 80 min lock

I also think our bench will be 2 props, an edge forward and a utility/hooker (Mbye, Reynolds/Simpkins) as is be surprised if Madge backs Liddle to play 80 from round 1

Purely my opinion but I’d have Kepeoa on the wing instead of Tommy and don’t be surprised if Stefano Utoikamanu grabs a bench spot
A good news post
...Try Kepa - then - oa or it’s impossible to remember the spelling

Last edited:
Looks likely

Apparently we’re going to use the Aloiai compo to try and get Laurie from Penrith for this year who would then be 1

I read somewhere they see Joe O as an 80 min lock

I also think our bench will be 2 props, an edge forward and a utility/hooker (Mbye, Reynolds/Simpkins) as is be surprised if Madge backs Liddle to play 80 from round 1

Purely my opinion but I’d have Kepeoa on the wing instead of Tommy and don’t be surprised if Stefano Utoikamanu grabs a bench spot

I think Packer and Reynolds may have played their last games for the club, and will both spend 2021 in reggies. If we can get Laurie in for 2021 then I can see Mbye coming off the bench as our utility, or starting at hooker with Liddle.

WA Tiger

Bench
I just hope that plan doesn't include Madge or if it does, that we snap up someone similar, like John Morris. .
Ok so no answer about why you think there’s a possibility Madge might be recruited to coach Melbourne and if so you hope we snap up someone similar like John Morris for WT? that’s cool..Ive never seen disagreement in sport being an issue ...On here it seems such taboo..kind of “like” and agree or keep quiet....at times any disagreement sets certain posters off on life or death tirades prob after a couple (your not one of those and I can prob count them on 3 fingers) or they just go quiet...since it’s option 2 here ..I’m going to interpret the Madge to Melbourne thing coz I know your not the only one who has mentioned this as a possibility ...(It still cracks me up thinking about it tho)
Bellyach screams and shouts and since Madge can do the same he will be a good coach for Melbourne?
And as far as the -if that happens I hope we snap up John Morris

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in...is-survive-at-the-sharks-20201129-p56iuw.html

Ive checked all angles and I know I’m not missing anything

Like I say your knowledge is extensive I wish I could watch and interpret and gain as much knowledge as you and a couple of others on here coz I love this game and wish I could contribute at times but I can’t coz I just don’t know enough (esp the old stuff at WT which even watching the games now won’t fix) but every time I see this statement about worrying that Madge will be snapped up as the Melbourne coach , I just can’t let it ride ..so there

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
From an article today..

"With James Roberts and Joey Leilua set to be the Tigers centre pairing, Talau can join David Nofoaluma on the wing and the pair could be set for a fair few tries in 2020."

In place of "for" in the last line i automatically read " to concede"...anyway..hope their prediction is at least 51% right

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
From an article today..

"With James Roberts and Joey Leilua set to be the Tigers centre pairing, Talau can join David Nofoaluma on the wing and the pair could be set for a fair few tries in 2020."

In place of "for" in the last line i automatically read " to concede"...anyway..hope their prediction is at least 51% right
Oh yea of little faith don’t you know we are chance of minor premiership and will just get beaten in the GF by Titans:joy:

Das Hassler

Bench
Oh yea of little faith don’t you know we are chance of minor premiership and will just get beaten in the GF by Titans:joy:

Well....that's slicing the definition of "chance" micro thin but i guess it's still better odds than lotto and i seem to happily pay for a ticket in that each week. ..ok...sounds good...sign me up !

Tigerm

First Grade
Well....that's slicing the definition of "chance" micro thin but i guess it's still better odds than lotto and i seem to happily pay for a ticket in that each week. ..ok...sounds good...sign me up !
Now you are on board, who knows, we might even win the bloody thing now.:D:D:D

Tigerm

First Grade
109a0094.jpg

109a0135.jpg

Looks like BJ has trimmed down?

WT Unity

Juniors
109a0094.jpg

109a0135.jpg

Looks like BJ has trimmed down?

Wow - Very impressed as I was starting to give up on him and thinking he was never again going to put in the hard work from a fitness point of view.

Hope he get's through Christmas without too many mince pies!

Fordy20

Juniors
Ok so no answer about why you think there’s a possibility Madge might be recruited to coach Melbourne and if so you hope we snap up someone similar like John Morris for WT?

Settle petal. Not all of us can be on LU every waking moment, despite how it looks sometimes. Madge has been part of the successful system at Melbourne and delivered success outside of Melbourne too, by delivering Souths first premiership in years, so he makes a good fit to take over from Bellamy, not just because they aren't shy about getting stuck into their troops when they deserve it.

As for Morris, he's shown that he can drag a team into the finals, despite injuries, salary cap penalties and the like. He's not afraid to blood juniors or have hard conversations with senior players either. He also seems to have a knack of getting more out his younger players too.

As much as our chair likes to say that the days of players using us as a stepping stone are over, it takes more than declaring something to make it true. We're not a glamour club or a "destination club". It will take a long time for people to forgot comments like Anasta's. We've been pretty lucky that each coach since Taylor has been an improvement on the last, but we can't assume that will continue.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Even Packer looks fit. Hopefully we can get a full season out of them in reggies.
He played crap last year because he had to make up the tackles that Aloiai didn’t make. I thought It was very clear last season that Packer was there to tackle and Aloiai to run the ball.

Latest posts