What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

simmo1

First Grade
Good summation mate.
Admittedly it's a long season, but I reckon you can break the competition into 3 main groups at this stage:

Contenders
Penrith
Parramatta
South Sydney
Easts
Melbourne
Canberra

Pretenders
Newcastle
Gold Coast
Dragons
Auckland
Cronulla
Tigers

Cannon Fodder
Brisbane
Canterbury
Manly
Cowboys

We essentially need to bash the Cannon Fodder, win a minimum of 2/3rds of our fixtures against the other Pretender teams and try to snag 1 or 2 wins against the Contenders.
So far things are going according to plan.
Someone made a good point that injuries shouldn't affect us as much as some of the other teams because we don't really have any game-breakers that we are reliant upon in the team list, apart from maybe Laurie.
Our new combinations will only improve as the season progresses, Origin will be our friend and we are already seeing the injury imp start to derail a few seasons - plenty to be optimistic about.

Time to revise these groupings. We clearly belong with the Bulldogs and Broncos, and would be flat out beating either.

stryker

First Grade
Does anyone know what these blokes do?

Wests Tigers 2021 Football Department
  • Shane Millard — NRL Assistant Coach
  • Wayne Collins — NRL Assistant Coach
  • Andrew Gray — Head of Performance
  • Matthew Jay — NRL Performance Coach
  • Aaron Sculli — NRL Performance Coach
  • James Wright — NRL Football Manager and Leadership Consultant

• surely their jobs are in jeopardy...

Tigerm

First Grade
Looks like the Raiders are imploding?

A players wife getting stuck into the coach?

The pommy halfback is homesick and wants to leave?

Tigerm

First Grade
Found this on the other site, for what its worth? Don't know how accurate it is.

1620033884874-smartselect_20210503-192140_the-daily-telegraph.jpg

axl rose

Bench
Does anyone know what these blokes do?

Wests Tigers 2021 Football Department
  • Shane Millard — NRL Assistant Coach
  • Wayne Collins — NRL Assistant Coach
  • Andrew Gray — Head of Performance
  • Matthew Jay — NRL Performance Coach
  • Aaron Sculli — NRL Performance Coach
  • James Wright — NRL Football Manager and Leadership Consultant

• surely their jobs are in jeopardy...

Thats a lot of cooks. The NRL is so bloated, wasn't it supposed to be scaled back after Covid. As a former teacher I could have used 6 assistants just quietly.

Thats a lot of cooks. The NRL is so bloated, wasn't it supposed to be scaled back after Covid. As a former teacher I could have used 6 assistants just quietly.

Hi @axl rose

My measure of success is three good games in a row and I count a win as a “good game.”

So we are on 33% along that track.

Probably everyone in our illustrious footy department is on show cause until that fourth game.

In exceptional circumstances, I will include a close loss as qualifying. We failed to shut Souths down but had a few dodgy calls, so I’d be neutral.

Madge was very careful to distance himself from any promises after Sgi and you would have noted, deflected every question about himself.

He talks about the good personal things for players and the youth coming along.

I detected that at the moment we won, he’s already moved into analysis zone for the Titans. Result and bam, straight into the next chapter. Hes ok for the cheer and whatever, but underneath hes very rational, very serious mindset. His only weakness is the love of bj lol.

Jury is still out. Madge has an unusual way of thinking. Not a kardashian fan and probably gave the Harry and Megan interview a miss.

Thanks for teaching. I owe my teachers f**king everything.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Watched a replay of the dragons game...if Benji was there instead of Brooks we would scored 3 more tries at least but also had 3 more at least scored against us when Benj would have been run right over the top of where Brooks wasn't ....just convinces me more that Brooks true (missed) calling in RL life was as a 9

Brooks defense was phenomenal they targeted him all game

Fordy20

Juniors
His kicking game in the second half wasn't too shabby either. Much more variety than the usual 5th tackle midfield bomb Taylor drilled into him.

Das Hassler

Bench
His kicking game in the second half wasn't too shabby either. Much more variety than the usual 5th tackle midfield bomb Taylor drilled into him.

I can see the real potential in what Tamou talked about today....let Douehi run the team taking the pressure to do so right off Brooks and letting him just play what's in front of him...both would be all for that i'm sure.

Ralph spoke to Gavin Badger after the game in the car park.

Mr Badger provided some general insights on the game as a whole and spoke highly of being part of our club.

stryker

First Grade
I can see the real potential in what Tamou talked about today....let Douehi run the team taking the pressure to do so right off Brooks and letting him just play what's in front of him...both would be all for that i'm sure.
I don’t believe Doueihi is a natural playmaker either. Both of our halves are ball runners.
Doueihi at 13, Brooks at 6 and a new controlling halfback changes the dynamic of this team attack wise. Our hooker and fullback still have training wheels on and should not be burdened with organising and running the attack. We need an organising half more than any other position.

I don’t believe Doueihi is a natural playmaker either. Both of our halves are ball runners.
Doueihi at 13, Brooks at 6 and a new controlling halfback changes the dynamic of this team attack wise. Our hooker and fullback still have training wheels on and should not be burdened with organising and running the attack. We need an organising half more than any other position.

Ffs @stryker , a couple of weeks ago you were arguing that none our players should be “burdened” with the playing of footy full stop.

It’s fun to see the vain hope a win provides.

Suddenly we are competing ,lol, give us a break son.

After three good games in a row, I will believe.

You know in your abominable Kevvie loving Queenslander heart, I speaketh God’s truth.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Ffs @stryker , a couple of weeks ago you were arguing that none our players should be “burdened” with the playing of footy full stop.

It’s fun to see the vain hope a win provides.

Suddenly we are competing ,lol, give us a break son.

After three good games in a row, I will believe.

You know in your abominable Kevvie loving Queenslander heart, I speaketh God’s truth.
I don’t know what you are saying because it is mostly scatterbrained, jibberish bullshit...

Tiger05

First Grade

You might get this with Hastings. It might work. The only concern I have is Doueihi having to do more defensive work.

stryker

First Grade
You might get this with Hastings. It might work. The only concern I have is Doueihi having to do more defensive work.
I think he gets burned for speed on the edges at times.
He is a big strong looking thing. Defending the middle may be his go.

Latest posts