What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2023

Vic Mackey

Referee
How many spots do we have left in our Top 30? Currently the players from 2022 that won't be here:
Musgrove
Liddle
Tamou
Peachy
Garner
Luciano
Tualagi

Then also rumours of Brooks being released.

To be replaced by:
Papali'i
Api
Staines

Does this mean we can expect up to 4-5 new signings?

1. Laurie
  2. Nofoaluma
  3. Naden
  4. Kepeoa
  5. Maumalo
  6. Doeuihi
  7. Brooks*
  8. Utoikamanu
  9. Korisau
  10. Twal
  11. Papalli
  12. Blore
  13. Hastings
  14. Ofahengaue
  15. Pole
  16. Seyfarth
  17. Gildart *
  18. Simpkin*
  19. Simpkins
  20. Tupou
  21. Ngatikaura
  22. Toa
  23. Staines
  24. Reilly
  25. Tumeth
  26. Fainu
  27. Talau (?)
    Development: Matamua, Saukuru

Tigers1986

Juniors
Previously rumoured, suggestions today seemingly confirm that WT's other 3 home game venues will be split between Suncorp (Magic), Tamworth and a TBA venue in New Zealand

Tigers1986

Juniors
What annoys me the most is that CS/LO are not available because they are "training grounds" that some nations might choose to base themselves at.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Good riddance. He was over-hyped and didn't really deliver. Then he got the loan deal and made those comments putting down our clubs facilities and training tactics, so on your bike lad.

Good for him. It would have looked really bad to watch his coaching career go down the toilet due to his season with us

I don't think he'll ever be a top grade coach, but his year was ruined by the club loaning and releasing players in an already poor squad that had injuries in key positions as well. Everything conspired against him from even achieving a below average mark.

Good riddance. He was over-hyped and didn't really deliver. Then he got the loan deal and made those comments putting down our clubs facilities and training tactics, so on your bike lad.

Yep, absolute dog merkin attitude. Moreover, in the game he played with the Chooks where they spanked us he was the only one in the Easts team that did nothing. So he doesn't even improve in a good roster playing against a team that had the cue in the rack for weeks beforehand.

Back to England, chump.

Based on all the rumours, this could be our squad next year:
  1. Staines
  2. Nofa
  3. To'a
  4. Naden
  5. Malo
  6. Doeuihi
  7. Hastings
  8. Klemmer
  9. Api
  10. Twal
  11. Bateman
  12. Papali'i
  13. Joffa
  14. Stefano
  15. Leinu
  16. Pole
  17. Blore
Not sure where this leaves Laurie. I heard a rumour he could be switching to 5/8, as he has much more speed than Doeuihi, but that puts Doeuihi at risk of leaving club.

Either way, f**k me this is an infinitely better team

The other option could be Laurie and Doueihi in 6/7 as two running halves and Jacko playing a halves role out of the 13.

Tigerm

First Grade

Tigerm

First Grade
Bar the few we knew about, the team is not that exciting considering we are still f**king about with the current halves signatures?

Perth Tiger

Bench
It is hard to figure out some of the decisions. We debut Matamua and Kautoga and then only give them development contracts while giving full top 30 contracts to Tumeth and Saukuru and didn’t give them a taste last year

Vic Mackey

Referee
It is hard to figure out some of the decisions. We debut Matamua and Kautoga and then only give them development contracts while giving full top 30 contracts to Tumeth and Saukuru and didn’t give them a taste last year

Lomi Saukuru is shit, Horrible selection in the top 30. Honestly he shouldn’t even be on a development contract. My only guess is we want to keep the family happy as his younger brother Solomone is an absolute weapon.

Sione Fainu and Tristian Reilly won’t get anywhere near first grade either. Tumeth I can probably cop but he should have been development for another year.