What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season '22

ACTPanthers

Bench
Really need to see how we go in the first six rounds or so.

Interrupted pre season due to Covid, like a lot of sides, but not ideal.

I think a lot of sides could improve considerably this season. It will be a tougher season in 2022 in my opinion.
Not that I think any opposition took us "lightly" last year, but I think this season will be even tougher with the other teams looking to knock us off the perch so to speak.

We're the best, and now with the trophy to prove it, other teams will aim up even more when playing us (in my most humble opinion anyway).

Kilkenny

Coach
Not that I think any opposition took us "lightly" last year, but I think this season will be even tougher with the other teams looking to knock us off the perch so to speak.

We're the best, and now with the trophy to prove it, other teams will aim up even more when playing us (in my most humble opinion anyway).
It’s not going to easy to replace the likes of Burton, Momorovski, Naden and May even if only Burton is a huge loss.

I think we have some real quality kids coming thru I’m just not sure they will emerge as NRL players in 2022.

I think we have some kids who will emerge in 2023 just haven’t heard of them yet, but they are there.

This season may be one to consolidate our status as a top four side, but it isn’t going to be easy, one or two serious injuries to key players could derail everything.

As ever I’m looking forward to the new season, not expecting miracles, just optimistic we build on what we have achieved over this past six or so seasons, particularly the last two.

Perhaps more than anything I wish for no Covid restrictions, no cancellation of junior footy or NSW cup, just want things to be back to normal even allowing for the fact Covid 19 will still be around in whatever new variants emerge.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Any thoughts on trial teams?

Personally I reckon we give the youngsters and new faces a run along with a few of the first 17 to brush off the cobwebs..
For the Sharks game, I think it would be handy to get a look at SOS, Chris Smith, Mavrik, Turuva, Tay May (with more minutes) and Kurt Falls. Also would like to see if Mitch has worked on any ball-playing skills over the break.

For the Eels game, go in with more of a first 17 for match fitness..

Munky

Coach
The trials were the highlight of the 2005 season.

Managed to break both of Finch's hands IIRC.

Iamback

Coach

Personally I reckon we give the youngsters and new faces a run along with a few of the first 17 to brush off the cobwebs..
For the Sharks game, I think it would be handy to get a look at SOS, Chris Smith, Mavrik, Turuva, Tay May (with more minutes) and Kurt Falls. Also would like to see if Mitch has worked on any ball-playing skills over the break.

In theory that is how it goes. Depends how Covid affected guys like Mavrick I guess

but usually no starter plays trial one

The_Frog

First Grade
Only ranked number four? WTF?

They only difference from last year is that we will have to bring someone onto the bench with Capewell having gone. Hopgood seems likely.

These rankings are just some journo's opinion and journos all seem to come from the other side of town. Old Father Time must be getting close to tapping JWH on the shoulder as he's done for several other Roosters recently. Without him the Rooster pack is rather anaemic.

Munky

Coach
They only difference from last year is that we will have to bring someone onto the bench with Capewell having gone. Hopgood seems likely.

These rankings are just some journo's opinion and journos all seem to come from the other side of town. Old Father Time must be getting close to tapping JWH on the shoulder as he's done for several other Roosters recently. Without him the Rooster pack is rather anaemic.

JWH bullied our pack in the first twenty minutes of the game at home last year.

Even getting on he is very talismanic.

Smug Panther

First Grade

Staines at fullback for the first 40mins

Latest posts