What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season "23 bolters.

soc123_au

Staff member
Not sure, I can't see many kids getting an extended run this year barring injuries. Maybe Turuva if he gets a shot.

Girds89

Bench
Well im not even certain from what i saw this year hes a fg player....

But id love too see mav geyer train the absolute house down all off season and come back and command the left 2nd row spot.

He had bit of an injury affected season snd hes form and fitness didnt seem to be the best at times. However i thought in the gf he was best on ground. He really stood up and carried the team and some champion qualitiesshome through.

I know he played prop all year in flegg but i think it may have been a tactic by the club just to force him to get involved more, especially against the bigger boys in the middle . More tackles against big men, running into the big men etc.

He has the skillset to play backrow. Hes quite quick for a big man and agile and possesses that offload!!

I think if theres anyone at the club id love to really kick on this off sesason its him!! We need him too..

Turuva, jenkins, lindsay smith will probably all get a few games this year. Liam henry and jsck cole might jag another couple too if we get a few injuries.

If staines goes and edwards is out for a week or two than i think Isaiah Iongi will play fb.

Hes a star in the making.. he has all the skills to be a gun 5/8 too.. so if we get a few injuries in the backs he may get a development contract and jag a few games!!

Kilkenny

Coach
For a debut, perhaps Brad Fearnley, big body, has been impressive in Flegg this year looks to have a future. Will surely benefit from a full off season with the NRL squad.

Maverik Geyer didn’t quite have the 2022 we had hoped but he was outstanding in the Flegg GF really showed what he is capable off So perhaps he could figure more prominently.

Kilkenny

Coach
Zac Hosking, by the end of next season he will be a regular first grader, I also wouldn't be surprised if Preston Riki kicks on
The coaching staff are far better placed than me or any other fan I guess but I kind of think perhaps against Nth Qld we could have given Riki an opportunity as opposed to Chris Smith. Like for like in many ways, Riki younger perhaps would have been worth just giving him a crack to see what he can do, nothing against Chris Smith, just looking towards the future.

Zac Hosking, by the end of next season he will be a regular first grader, I also wouldn't be surprised if Preston Riki kicks on
I didn’t see as many of the lower games as many of you due to distance, but when I did see Riki I was always super impressed.

Like @Kilkenny I was surprised he didn’t play the last round.

Smug Panther

First Grade
For a debut, perhaps Brad Fearnley, big body, has been impressive in Flegg this year looks to have a future. Will surely benefit from a full off season with the NRL squad.

Maverik Geyer didn’t quite have the 2022 we had hoped but he was outstanding in the Flegg GF really showed what he is capable off So perhaps he could figure more prominently.
Fearnley is the best forward we have coming through from my limited viewing