What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season '23

WestyLife

First Grade
Since we have a 23 thread I'm going to say something that'll seem weird.

This year is going to be the true measure of Ivan as a coach. If complacency is going to set in it'll be now that his systems have seen multiple years of success and there's new player combos and new coaches. If he has success this year he's one of If not the greatest coach of all time and not just in my heart ♥️ 🤣

maple_69

Bench
Definitely. He’s proven himself as a guy who can rebuild, get the most out of players, effectively foster talent, establish strong culture and then devise a system that not only delivers success but also changes the way the game is played.

Next question mark is definitely whether he can evolve the way we play to stay ahead with a few of the more fundamental cogs of the machine leaving and teams catching up.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Just a few observations -

1) Just watched a replay of last years GF. Kenny was sensational in the first 20 minutes. I think he is better than some give him credit for. His service from dummy half should improve. No doubt he spent a lot of time on this in the offseason.

2) The roosters are overhyped. They have a terrible record against us and the Storm over the last 4/5 years and you can probably add Souths as well. No Angus Crichton for at least half the season. I know they signed Brandon Smith but I think the Cows and Sharks are more likely to trouble us.

3) Parramatta have issues with their forwards and no Lanr for at least 6 weeks and no Matterson for 3 weeks. Lost a coulpe of good players as well as good bench replacements. They will make the eight but I don't see them as top 4