What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season Now Gone?

jb2

Juniors
Our realistic chance of making the finals finished the day Canberra put 50 on us. That result stuffed us mentally, causing us to lose in Townsville the next week and drive a spike through our season once and for all.

All we have been able to hope for since then is a good finish to the season and something to build on for next year. So far, with the re-emergence of Mullo as a top line playmaker, the gradual improvement of Kaufusi, and the resigning of Cross, we have done that.

It needs to continue for the next fortnight. It will not be easy, as we are playing the two best teams in the comp, but the way we are playing anything is possible.

And even if there was to be miraculous results and we made the 8, how would we even get past week 1 of the finals ? There have been a lot of positives this season but the team is still just short of not good enough. Oh did I mention Vuna will be sorely missed next year

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
And even if there was to be miraculous results and we made the 8, how would we even get past week 1 of the finals ? There have been a lot of positives this season but the team is still just short of not good enough. Oh did I mention Vuna will be sorely missed next year

Easy. It's a final series game and i assume we would be playing the Dragons :sarcasm:

timka4

Bench
Easy. It's a final series game and i assume we would be playing the Dragons :sarcasm:
That's what I was thinking, if we beat the Dragons next week, they will be even weaker come the finals (aka the choking rounds) :p Couldn't think of a better team to verse in the finals

SaltNVinegar

Juniors
Yeah despite having a horror draw of playing (if the Storm stuff didnt happen) two of the best teams in the comp, the end of the year is probably the best time to play the Dragons and the Storm will have some motivation to win, yet we will also have motivation to beat the Dragons for old boys and Simmo. The Dragons might want to take out their dissapointment from losing to the Raiders on us also. Things could get ugly!

red and blue

Juniors
I know that other sides have had to play Melbourne twice but alot of sides have only played them once.
We are going to have to play an illegal team that may determine wether we make it or not. While other sides (Not all ) have had to only play them once.
And lets face it, it will be the last time they all play together and I can see them coming out on fire I just hope Im wrong.

SaltNVinegar

Juniors
If the Storm werent an illegal team we would not be contesting for a finals spot so in a way them being demoted cancels out being robbed of 2 and possibly 4 points.
So either theyll fire up and hopefully we match them or they wont care as much. They havent been as threatening since Origin tbh

red and blue

Juniors
If the Storm werent an illegal team we would not be contesting for a finals spot so in a way them being demoted cancels out being robbed of 2 and possibly 4 points.
So either theyll fire up and hopefully we match them or they wont care as much. They havent been as threatening since Origin tbh
The fact is though that they are an illegal team they have a team that is worth more than a million dollars more then the rest of the comp.
To say that the fact they cannot acrew points therefore it cancels losing points out is not how I see it.
How is it fair if someone like Brisbane (and I dont know if Brisbane have played melbourne more then once or not Im just using them as an example) only play Melbourne once and we play them twice.
They beat Brisbane once they beat us twice they go through and we miss out on a finals berth because we had to play a team more than 1 million dollars over the cap twice.
If they were under the cap there is no way they would have been as dominant as they had been for so long.
I mean we tried to sign Chase Stanley last year but he went to a side that was already miles over the cap.
what hope do we have when we have to deal with that?

doggone

Juniors
Very impressed with all the Maths. We can only pray now.;-) Too bad the right combo wasn't played all season, but then again injuries still would of come into it.