What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season Officially Over

eelman03

Juniors
Storm 50 Eels 12
This afternoon the eels season came to an end in Melbourne.

Lets hope for a strong finish in the last 3 rounds.

Canterbury

Juniors
Actually everyone on the footy show predicted Parra over Storm this morning. I swung the other way mate.

Melbourne are a classy side and they showed that today. Despite us thrashing them last week i didn't take that into account.. We were red-hot last week and any team that would of showed up probably would of lost.

Once again badluck and better luck next season

regards, dan.

eelman03

Juniors
Oh well. We made it tough for ourselves with the poor start this season.

We have all got a better season to look ahead at in 2004.

That was disgraceful!!!!!!!!!
And I didn't watch the last 20mins, that must have been bad, when Cameron Smith scored I turned it off.
Where was Witt hiding? we were going good early with Witt and Hopkins on fire then Smith took Hopkins off and Dykes came on and Witt went missing in action. That was the turning point for me.
Bring in JT for coach!

half

Coach
we always don't seem as certain in defense when vella isn't playing

call him overrated all you want, but it doesn't change the fact we always look heaps worse when he's out

slippery eel

Juniors
that was totally embarrassing!. Parra aren't a team who can handle pressure as their decision making was atrocious. they needed quality possession and field position but had too many brain explosions when a break was made and gave away too many silly penalties. poor performance considering the game that it was and i didnt even watch the last 10 minutes i was that angry.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The turning point was when the replacements were made. Widders had a shocker, so did Dykes and I thought Witt was told to piss of by Dykes.

Dykes has to go!! The problem was that Webster went off and Morris went to Hooker, that was when the attack stalled. Cayless was as useless as always (get injured again or improve back to your 2001 form either way is fine by me.)

midas

Juniors
Apart from the woeful defence,where no-one wanted to move up to meet the Storm,the attack was totally disorganised.
You can,t blame Witt,he,s a teenager with less than a dozen games under his belt.
Wagon,Dykes,Morris etc should have had them going forward instead of sideways.
If you look at some of the wide shots,the Storm were totally disorganised too but the room Parra gave them allowed their individuals room to run riot.
Oh well,roll on 2004.

slippery eel

Juniors
I noticed you guys mentioned Dykes. I really love his 5th tackle play.... try and step the player and when you get caught throw the ball anywhere. He has to go. disgraceful.

midas

Juniors
I imagine Dykes is on at least $250k.
Have we ever made a worse buy?
When we bought him,his form at Cronulla had been sensational and he looked a good buy.
Since arriving,he,s had a terrible run of injuries but he simply has not played one good game for Parra.
He,s at the stage now where he,s a Rugby League version of Scott Muller -"cant run,can,t kick,can,t tackle"
Any chance of flogging him off to the Poms?

Misty Bee

First Grade
You can't blame Adam Dykes for that loss. Sure, he played poor, but who didn't?

It was a otally disgraceful effort for a club supposed to be fighting for a finals berth. Totally pathetic.

I blame Brian Smith. Where was the fire in the boys? The game plan? Why are we not a top 4 club with so many internationals?

Smith has to go.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I didn't even watch the game on Tv!!, it was 22-8 on the radio when the game started to be broadcast on tv, i was to embarrased... i knew we where going to get flogged!!,

A disgrace to all there fans throughout Australia!!

Latest posts