What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season Over?

hardbaby

Coach
At the start of the year I looked at our team and analysed the opposition and thought we would finish 7th. From there anything is possible but in my heart, I knew we were a "lesser" team.

But as a Dragons supporter it is almost a god given right to cheer the boys on in September and I know that won't happen now. Mathematically it's possible. But in reality, it ain't gunna happen.

Once again the guys tried their heats out. They were unlucky to lose (again, f**k Canberra and the shit hole that spawned them). But when Price subbed Rein and brought on Fien I thought what the f**k are you doing mate? Do you have any idea how to coach? I have supported him in many previous posts but can do so no longer.

Get rid of the dead wood and start building towards next year. I truly believe in the core of our side and while we have been quiet in the market, I think Frizzell and Beale are great signings. The Rein/King combo could be deadly. The Style/Soward combo could go gang busters. But the time has come. We need some honesty at the selection table.

The season is over. Let's bite the bullet and try some different stuff. I saw a lot of good things out there tonight. I'm disappointed but proud. Let's build towards next season.

Go the Mighties.

P.S. I have drunk two bottles of Penfolds 407 (loyal even in my beverage choice when getting pissed) so if anyone hacks my grammar or punctuation, you can go and get f**ked).

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Frizzell? Sounds like the next Jack Bosden...

It's like watching the Dragons playing under Brown. You know when it's close someone is bound to f**k it up and we're going to lose.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
At the start of the year I looked at our team and analysed the opposition and thought we would finish 7th. From there anything is possible but in my heart, I knew we were a "lesser" team.

But as a Dragons supporter it is almost a god given right to cheer the boys on in September and I know that won't happen now. Mathematically it's possible. But in reality, it ain't gunna happen.

But when Price subbed Rein and brought on Fien I thought what the f**k are you doing mate? Do you have any idea how to coach? I have supported him in many previous posts but can do so no longer.

Get rid of the dead wood and start building towards next year. I truly believe in the core of our side and while we have been quiet in the market, I think Frizzell and Beale are great signings. But the time has come. We need some honesty at the selection table.

The season is over. Let's bite the bullet and try some different stuff. I saw a lot of good things out there tonight. I'm disappointed but proud. Let's build towards next season.

Go the Mighties.

Have taken the liberty of editing your comments Hardbaby ( knew you wouldnt mind after 2 bottles of red).... and left in the things I also agree with.....its time now to experiment for next year because lets face it I dont think most of us realistically gave the team a real chance of adding to our premiership tally at the start of this season...so lets do it now.....as far as removing the dead wood (and I think we all know who they are) as some have suggested lets just give the seasoned timber a spell and trial some new positions....the most valid point you made was We need some honesty at the selection table.

Last edited:

anth20

Bench
i was shocked when he subbed rien, the guy had scored our 2nd try a minute earlier, i also didn't understand why fien started and played the whole first half. the oldies killed us, cooper with his two knock ons, hornby with his knock ons and penalties and fien just nothing in attack

Como Connection

First Grade
Don't forget Young also !!
It's the Illawarra old boys club at present !!
Who's running the show - the club or the players !!

hardbaby

Coach
It really reminds me of George Gregan. Fabulous half back in his peak but he got old, tired and slow and the game moved in a different direction. He was left behind. But he was so powerful nobody could move him on.

The difference of course is that Gregan is an arrogant tosser whereas Hornby is a legend. But I am seeing scarily similar manifestations on the field. The fact that Ben even talks about seeing his contract out makes me sick. Take a leaf out of Dean Young's book and retire with integrity.

getsmarty

Immortal
Not Yet...we need to avoid the spoon... that's about the only thing we will come close to winning. Club needs the broom put through it...

Minh

First Grade
We are on life support now as far as top 8 goes too many teams better than us this year.

We can't even put a makeshift Canberra side away. So you'd have to think we're all but gone. Sad for the guys retiring.

TheRev

First Grade
- Hard to not come across as an armchair told-u-so-guy, but this was all completely obvious in the early games of the season, and I was 100% sure after I saw the lineup (Vidot/Style) and the way we played against the Roosters (despite the win) and again against Penrith when Fein was chosen to replace Soward (a free ticket to experiment with Style). The big difference is that back then we had time to experiment and groom players in key positions, but it became obvious that Price was going to persist with the same rough line-up.

- Doesnt matter if we fall over the line and win, or lose, our style of football is incompatible with the big-boys and finals football, I think we 'just' have the personnel to be competitive if we had of moved around the positions, but always going to be a struggle, we need all the luck to go our way, actually 2009-2011 was like this too.. but the defence was so tight and attack just good enough to get us home.

- As mentioned above, the spoon isnt out of contention, but more importantly, is that we dont waste the last half of the year where we can get 1st grade experience for the stars of 2013, and if we win games, even better, but that should be secondary to 'how' we play.

64 Dragon

Coach
Price must have a preset idea of when players are subsituted, regardless of how they are going. It was Rein's turn. It seems to me that maybe Hornby and Fein are running the team, not Price.

Minh

First Grade
Stupid to substitute a guy who has just scored with 11 to gounless he was injured or something.

blacklock

Juniors
hmmm i dont know that we wont make the finals but it seems unlikely. we're basically in the same position as early 2000's where we will be looking for other results to go our way and hope our for n against isnt too bad. a shame its gotten to this the year after we lose bennett. just feels like the nathan brown years all over.

ghostface

Juniors
I think some of you are being a bit harsh. Fein's form since his return from injury has been good. He has actually been one of our better players over the last few weeks. His kicking game last night was spot on. In the final mins we needed an extra kicking option to take pressure off Soward.

Mr Red

First Grade
Frizzell? Sounds like the next Jack Bosden...

It's like watching the Dragons playing under Brown. You know when it's close someone is bound to f**k it up and we're going to lose.
agree...
Browns cows are back in town...
Frizzell is largely untested at first grade... and from the glimpses i have seen is a good few years off being a quality first grade player...
although he looks an athletic back rower and could develop into something good, dont count on him being the Beau Scott or Dean Young replacement in the next 12 - 18 months..

Latest posts