Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Tooooks, Mar 15, 2020.

1. strider

strider Post Whore

$2m apparently ... drop in the ocean of the pandemic cost

hindy111 likes this.
  2. eels_fan

eels_fan Bench

So there was some talk about it going back a couple of months ago in some US states such as NY, but it seems the figure fudging has reached our shores.

in the past 48 hours a couple i know, who were given home-test kits as they were in line still when testing closed for the day (in Vic), before they had even sent their tests back to the lab for analysis, received text messages from Vic health telling them their tests had returned positive results and they must quarantine for 2 weeks.

And here is the other doozy...

I’ve also now heard from 2 separate people who have had family members who have been offered significant $$$ by doctors to allow covid-19 to be stated as Cause of Death on a family members death cert, despite passing of an unrelated ailment and not being covid positive...

3. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Home Test Kits ? Wow, I thought, never heard of these. So I asked Dr Google and all I got was crickets apart from this.

COVID-19 testing kit
    In Australia it is illegal to advertise or supply self-test kits for serious infectious diseases. These kits are designed to be used under strict conditions by medical professionals, as home testing without proper regulation can lead to a large number of false positive or negative results. Testing in a doctor's office or clinic also ensures that anyone that tests positive is already at point of care and doesn’t need to do extra travel.

The Australian Chinese community is being heavily targeted with advertising for home test kits on the social media app, WeChat. The app has around 3 million active users in Australia and a number of home testing kits, some of which claim to be able to give results within 15 minutes, are being advertised regularly. Any individual charged with advertising or selling products not approved by the TGA can face up to five years in prison and $840,000 fine.

https://www.myhealth1st.com.au/health-hub/articles/can-i-self-test-for-covid19-at-home/

With respect to your bolded rumour, I googled that too. I mean what you’re proposing is quite out rageous, if true. A Dr risks his right to practice by fudging shit like this. He needs to have been present at the death or shortly thereafter. If he cannot be certain of the COD, then it needs to be referred tothe Coroners court. Openly offering cash to relatives in such a brash manner seems unlikely to say the least.

4. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

I think you are confusing over/under the counter "Home Test Kits" with the ones the Aust. Medical Authorities are delivering under the banner of "Self-Test Kits"
    - https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/self-test-kit-collection-covid-19
    - https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ered-in-lockdown-suburbs-20200704-p558zb.html

And there is this:
    upload_2020-7-27_7-54-0.png

5. Happy MEel

Happy MEel First Grade

Yep they’re definitely doing self-administered kits, although there are concerns that they’re not as accurate.

6. Gronk

Thanks. I couldn't find that info.

Getting + result before the test was submitted is concerning. I'm leaning towards a glitch rather than a premeditated policy to increase numbers and shut downs.

7. eels_fan

eels_fan Bench

As others have attested to, self administered testing is commonplace for Covid-19.

oh and I absolutely agree with how outrageous the concept of falsifying COD is. It is insane, which is why the thought that it could/may be happening is so insane. maybe there is a windfall for the hospital if they have Covid deaths? Maybe there is a windfall for the doctor if they are treating x amount of patients with Covid? I don’t know, but you only have to hear such a thing enough times before you start thinking “that ridiculous” and start questioning whether there may be some truth to it.

8. Gronk

What makes the account difficult to swallow is not that documents are being falsified, as I am sure it happens across all sectors for various reasons, it is the brazen offer of cash to grieving families. Primarily because of the sheer risk that emotional relatives are more likely to be loose cannons and shoot their mouths off.

If the account was that Drs were obtaining financial advantage by doing this on their own volition, then maybe I would believe it. Then again, a Dr has a career of high income and to jeopardize that for small change also seems unlikely.

I am a person who tends not to believe these stories, however it has been shown that governments do control the narrative at times for their own benefit. Children Overboard, Weapons of Mass Destruction come to mind. However I can't see any benefit to a collusion which inflates death numbers or the extent of the pandemic.

9. Gronk

10. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Immortal

11. Gronk

12. I'm a loser baby...

And to address the Sweden situation for those looking to their Nordic neighbours and claiming that the difference was due to Sweden's choosing not to lockdown, I think we all missed this.

Norway officially concludes that its lockdown was not necessary
    https://www.covidplanb.co.nz/intern...oncludes-that-its-lockdown-was-not-necessary/

'Was it necessary?': The PM who regrets taking tough coronavirus lockdown measures

https://au.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-norway-pm-regrets-not-taking-sweden-approach-075607536.html

13. strider

strider Post Whore

Yeah pretty sad.

I think australia initially got lucky and large numbers of the population had a covid holiday ... but the longer it drags on, the worse the side effects. It gets harder and harder to keep putting off the economic effects. Which i think is why NSW seems to be trying to battle on now - cos realistically, things are in a worse place now than when they shut things up earlier in the year.

I'm a loser baby... likes this.
  14. strider

strider Post Whore

No one will even know what was the right way ... things happened and all we know is the end result of what was done

Gary Gutful likes this.
  15. The Phelan Folly

The Phelan Folly Juniors

Its a crock of shit. merkins would be selling their stories to the tabloids.

Noise likes this.
  16. I'm a loser baby...

Agreed but it's interesting that the report this is based on and these stories got very little coverage in MSM. Never suited the narrative.

strider likes this.
  17. strider

strider Post Whore

Thats true

18. strider

strider Post Whore

I would generally think that there is a world of dodgy shit going on in the USA and have little doubt money talks in their system.

In Australia ... well you'd like to believe it wouldnt happen, but I wouldnt discount it.
    Doctors have been guilty of taking part in insurance scams etc etc. I think there are dodgy people in all professions. People seem to think ALL doctors are entirely trustworthy just cos they're doctors ...might have been true once upon a time, but i think times change.

19. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

I don't trust the COVID numbers from any country.

Personally, I think the bigger issue that this has shown other than the unfortunate deaths is how ill prepared most countries in the western world are for something like this. It has been amateur hour and many enemies of the west will be licking their chops at how easy it is to disrupt us.

20. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Motherf**kers