What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

Bandwagon

Staff member
Ping Mr Bandwagon @Bandwagon

You make a lot of sense. I’d be interested your take on the Kory video. There are plenty of grifters in this space but I thought he raised some valid points re: Ivormectin.

I might try and have a look at it over the weekend. I haven't really bothered with the treatment drug debate because it's been so politicized what with Trumps unqualified shilling of HCQ and the fallout over that.

strider

Post Whore

Gronk

Staff member
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-sydney-hotel-quarantine-20210507-p57pt4.html

Fully vaccinated travellers test positive in Sydney hotel quarantine

So the vaccine is shit? Or the tests are shit? ... Or variants, variants, variants - we might aswell give up?
Pretty sure everyone knows that the vaccinations stop the disease and does not stop the virus ?

A COVID-19 PCR test can detect the SARS-CoV-2 virus if it's present in a swab sample.

What a beat up. There is hope that the vax will build tolerance to the virus, but too early to tell.

Also ^^^^^, not enough time after vax to have antibodies?

Two other cases were recorded earlier in April in people who had received both doses of a two-shot vaccine but were exposed to COVID-19 within 14 days of their second dose, suggesting they may not have been fully vaccinated when they caught the virus.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You can still test positive after being vaccinated, you just don't get it as bad and you fight it off much easier

Bandwagon

Staff member
which is what 95+% of the younger population do anyway

Kids are magic anti-virus pixies, that's why they aint getting vaccinated.

There's a fairly obvious question around how herd immunity is s'posed to work if you're only protected from the symptoms rather than the disease.

One of the points of achieving enough immunity through mass vaccination is that it prevents the disease from spreading to those who can't ( or won't ) be vaccinated. You being vaccinated protects others, whereas that doesn't seem to be the case here.

hindy111

Immortal
I think the real question here is......we are f**ked over everyday and have been for as long as humans could f**k people over, why is this the f**kery that has tipped some people over?

Majority of life is a transaction. One after another. Plenty of people need and want you for the purpose of their own benefits.