What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

Gronk

Staff member
Or was it hidden from you by the POWERS TO BE....
LLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
youtube fashion GIF

strider

Post Whore
so what are the official numbers of people who are acknowledged as having died from the vaccine now? and how many being investigated? and how many have had clots?

is it actually published anywhere? ..... or just the odd random bit of news here and there?

Eelogical

Coach
so what are the official numbers of people who are acknowledged as having died from the vaccine now? and how many being investigated? and how many have had clots?

is it actually published anywhere? ..... or just the odd random bit of news here and there?
I dunno, but come next Friday I'll have to line up to get into Westfield's, and I better have my QR code scan ready.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
I'm a pen and paper kinda guy.
I do feel for anyone who has up until now chosen not to carry a modern mobile phone. It would be a lot harder to get around without one now that there are QR codes everywhere...Can't even snap a nugget these days without scanning a code.

Eelogical

Coach
I do feel for anyone who has up until now chosen not to carry a modern mobile phone. It would be a lot harder to get around without one now that there are QR codes everywhere...Can't even snap a nugget these days without scanning a code.
Relax mate. I have one, and it's smart, too. Nobody calls me, though.

yy_cheng

Coach
Time for an old fart's perspective on all this covid related nonsense. I've read a bunch on here, heard a lot more on the "news". I try to be objective but it's time for decisions to be made, as in the following.
1. Set a date for no more lock downs, nationally.
2. Get vaccinated before that date if you think getting the jab is the correct thing to do.
3. If you don't want the jab then that's fine, just don't come whinging later if you go down with it.
4. Businesses need confidence to trade, and that won't happen while we are at the beck and call of political scaremongering and continual uncertainty.
5. I've had my first Astrazeneca jab and I'm going for my second on Tuesday. We all have a use by date but I don't think mine is up yet, especially from the jab.
6. I watched the following covid update from the QLD motley crew several times today, and reading between the lines, I feel quite uncomfortable for the future.
7. 1984 is coming, just a couple of decades late.
8. End of rant.
No way are we losing to the dogs in the gf

strider

Post Whore

Its a bit hard to find .... but this seems to be the official thing ... https://www.tga.gov.au/periodic/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-safety-report-17-06-2021

Official stats ....
~ 6 million jabs
~30k adverse affects (could be anything)
~300 deaths after vaccination (could be any reason)
AZ clots ....
60 cases
36 hospitalisations
13 ICU
2 fatalities
(I'm sure I had read a SMH article saying there were 4 official deaths and a few more being investigated a couple weeks ago - I guess official isn't official)

the interesting thing with the AZ is that of the 60 clot cases, 39 are over 60 yr olds (the current recommended age) ... but thats still a lesser rate that the under 60s cos more oldies have had it

but still, I'm willing to make a bet that eventually AZ will be totally stopped in Australia .... they just won't do it yet cos they want to keep getting the numbers up and they don't have enough of anything else atm

strider

Post Whore
Good news .... we have almost erradicated the flu

Influenza had already been pushed to record low levels in 2020, when just a few hundred cases were reported each month through winter after Australia shut its international border. But since then, cases have again dropped, almost to zero. In May, there were just 71 confirmed cases across the country, compared to more than 30,000 in the same month in 2019.

verticalsmile

Juniors

Of course not.
My mate Wife grand mother was very fit and healthy.
She had the Jab on Monday and died of a heart attack on the Thursday.

Straight away they said it wasn't the JAB.

Last edited:

hindy111

Immortal
Of course not.
My mate Wife grand mother was very fit and healthy.
She had the Jab on Monday and died of a heart attack on the Thursday.

Straight away they said it wasn't the JAB.

My dad reckons he had the Jab on the Friday and on the Saturday he felt exactly the same as any other day.

Latest posts