What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

I wouldn’t know. If I was to take a stab in the dark, I’d say he’s prolly a little bit right and a lota bit wrong. But TBH I couldn’t be f**ked watching it to find out. The narrative will be the same, I expect - nothing to see here, you’ve all been scammed.

How about an executive summary or did I nail it ?
You weren't even close and f**ked if I'm doing your homework. Feel free to prove me wrong.

verticalsmile

Juniors
Should fill everyone with confidence

Australia likely won’t use AstraZeneca after October, except by request​

- it's 100% safe, you are a fool to think otherwise ... testing wasn't rushed at all
- it's 100% safe, but we will keep an eye on what's happening in europe
- we don't believe the cases are linked to the vaccine, but we will investigate
- we recommend no one under 40 get AZ
- we recommend no one under 50 get AZ
- we recommend no one under 60 get AZ
- once we get more of something else, we don't recommend it, but you can have it if you want
Its now we recommend no one under 110 get AZ

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yep. That's what most do. Ways they can track you are if you check in via the services nsw app, scan in with your card at a gym, are an employee who was working at the time or scan your flybys / woolies rewards card at the checkout.

I don't think they are tracking debit / credit cards via eftpos...yet.
If you have a smart phone in your pocket, then there's a record of everywhere you've been.

Bandwagon

Staff member
That's my point. Once they set a deadline then we're all locked into a decision to get jabbed or not. I figure that 60-70% would given a reasonable time frame. We can't keep going on as a country the way it currently is.

The problem is that's up to the feds, and having completely f**ked their first set of targets they simply refuse to to even set more.

Because that would mean being held responsible by the public when they f**k it up again. These merkins simply refuse to act in any interest other than that which they believe will see them re-elected, and if that means doing f**k all, because that's really hard to f**k up, that's what they'll do.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Should fill everyone with confidence

Australia likely won’t use AstraZeneca after October, except by request​

- it's 100% safe, you are a fool to think otherwise ... testing wasn't rushed at all
- it's 100% safe, but we will keep an eye on what's happening in europe
- we don't believe the cases are linked to the vaccine, but we will investigate
- we recommend no one under 40 get AZ
- we recommend no one under 50 get AZ
- we recommend no one under 60 get AZ
- once we get more of something else, we don't recommend it, but you can have it if you want

Nobody ever claimed any of the vaccines were / are 100% safe. That is a nonsense.

As for the rest the recommendations are based on risk vs benefit, the risk profile has changed as more is known, and just as importantly as other supplies come on line.

I get the idea that there is a rational argument around the testing regime and the time frame, I posted my concerns re this many months ago in this very thread. But what is not rational is extrapolating the argument as you do here in such an overly simplistic fashion. Honestly, you can do better.

There is most certainly a political agenda amongst all of this, of that I have little doubt, but it aint no big conspiracy. It's far simpler. merkins want to be seen to be handling the situation competently, unfortunately that actually takes at least a little competence.

Eelogical

Coach
I was thinking about ol' mate the limo driver. Apparently, he went 5 days without a covid test. He was required to get a covid test daily, which is a requirement for airport shuttle drivers for flight crews. One would have thought that the government would be demanding that companies who got the driving gigs were responsible for making sure their drivers got tested as part of their contract. Seems to be that they were letting anybody do the driving as it's all about the driver, not a company's failure to follow protocol.

Nobody ever claimed any of the vaccines were / are 100% safe. That is a nonsense.

As for the rest the recommendations are based on risk vs benefit, the risk profile has changed as more is known, and just as importantly as other supplies come on line.

I get the idea that there is a rational argument around the testing regime and the time frame, I posted my concerns re this many months ago in this very thread. But what is not rational is extrapolating the argument as you do here in such an overly simplistic fashion. Honestly, you can do better.

There is most certainly a political agenda amongst all of this, of that I have little doubt, but it aint no big conspiracy. It's far simpler. merkins want to be seen to be handling the situation competently, unfortunately that actually takes at least a little competence.
They pretty much did.

How do I know that the COVID-19 vaccine is safe?​

All vaccines are thoroughly tested for safety before they are approved for use in Australia. This includes careful analysis of clinical trial data, ingredients, chemistry, manufacturing and other factors. Read more about vaccine safety.