What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

Gronk

Staff member
they were all vaccinated and had a recent negative test

so the passport (or whatever other name is politically correct) won't necessarily stop anyone from subsequently testing positive to the virus
They had to show that they were vaccinated OR have a recent negative test OR already had the covid and have a recovery certificate .

strider

Post Whore
They had to show that they were vaccinated OR have a recent negative test OR already had the covid and have a recovery certificate .

right - i did misread it - I thought they had to show vaccinated/had it and a negative test

but still - how do we know who took it in there?

I tend to believe the people with letters next to their name who say there IS such a thing as natural immunity ..... so I think those merkins should not be looked down upon ..... but that wouldn't mean they can't have it, they just won't get overly ill ...... which is the same as what we think of the vaccinated ..... the tests aren't worth the paper they are written on?

Gronk

Staff member
right - i did misread it - I thought they had to show vaccinated/had it and a negative test

but still - how do we know who took it in there?

I tend to believe the people with letters next to their name who say there IS such a thing as natural immunity ..... so I think those merkins should not be looked down upon ..... but that wouldn't mean they can't have it, they just won't get overly ill ...... which is the same as what we think of the vaccinated ..... the tests aren't worth the paper they are written on?
No doubt you will either gain immunity after you had it or hey, maybe you have had another version of sars which helps you beat it asymptomatic or even your immune system has the power of spartacus and you beat the shit out of it in 24 hours. All are possible as much as the chance that it will totally f**k you over.

Gronk

Staff member
Racism? You realise he's not calling the French frogs, yeah?
If my assumption that calling merkins frogs, whilst posting a newspaper front page about the French is incorrect, then I will edit it. Perhaps others can advise, if they give enough f**ks.

Kornstar

Coach
Literally no one in this thread has suggested that your local GP is on the take for covid injections.

IMO .... alot of them likely have a history of getting schmoosed by pharma reps, but I wouldn't see any of that happening atm - there is no need for it ..... they are just average joes going along with life atm - and I think they are probably mostly doing what they are being instructed to by others up the food chain, which is what they mostly do (same as most jobs) ...... and I'm sure plenty of em think its all good and thats fine ...... there would be an enormous range of GPs who think more or less deeply about it

My post was obviously tongue in cheek as well by the way but it has been implied multiple times (but i am not going to chase it) that everyone in the medical field is on the take and that is why the ones who speak out are right, as cause they seemingly aren't getting money then they can't be wrong.

These GPs don't have superiors, they have their own practices, their livelihoods depend on not killing their patients. Social media only amplifies the need to not f**k up. They have studied medicine in real life and they would surely not just blindly follow others advise just because they were told to.

Drs have massive egos, that is fact! I deal with them on a daily basis.

Also, are you sure there is an enormous amount of GPs who think less of the vaccine? That is a generalised statement without facts that i've seen you get upset about in the past when other people do it.

I'll say it again though, nothing is as simple as anyone wants to make it from either side.

strider

Post Whore
Also, are you sure there is an enormous amount of GPs who think less of the vaccine? That is a generalised statement without facts that i've seen you get upset about in the past when other people do it.
I'm not sure what you mean

my "thinking more or less about it" statement meant some GPs would put more thought into things, some less ...... ie some will do a deep dive into data and research, others will just skim at a higher level .... just like every other job in the world ..... I imagine they would be getting guidance from the AMA and other relevant groups - thats what I mean about up the food chain

I've never said anything is simple

strider

Post Whore
If my assumption that calling merkins frogs, whilst posting a newspaper front page about the French is incorrect, then I will edit it. Perhaps others can advise, if they give enough f**ks.
even if it were referring to the french .... "frogs" is particularly racist now days? ..... if any forum member here called the french rugby team frogs etc, we would be all outraged about it?

Gronk

Staff member
even if it were referring to the french .... "frogs" is particularly racist now days? ..... if any forum member here called the french rugby team frogs etc, we would be all outraged about it?
Yeah I dont know. Mediterranean Descendants is word filtered, so…