What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

IFR33K

Coach
Dude they change their PPE gear after every test. You are overreacting.

We’ve had umpteen tests in our family and we have sat in the car literally discussing the crazy involved sterilisation processes that they undergo between swabs. My daughter is a med student and she was pointing out every move.

There a huge bins that contain their PPE gear that are ditched after every customer. The girls who do this are not backpackers, they are nurses and are not dumb enough to compromise their own health.

a466ec16e520c7461cc67bc48b11686f

Not when I got tested. The young lady went from car to car exchanging forms and cards. Same Ppe dealing with multiple people.

He's always been sporadic though. I doubt his absence has much to do with a reported death of a young person.
Well, obviously it can't be to do with this particular sad event, because that just happened. But the growing numbers of hospitalisations, including those (well) under 50 show the reality of the seriousness of this virus for many.

Kornstar

Coach
I never said you did - ffs ..... this entire discussion has come from the post Bandy made, specifically about "paid actors" .... FMD

bandy posted - IALB said huh? - I chimed in about ILAB's comment saying I don't think its what Bandy said - you asked me to explain - I did ..... I was never addressing anything you said - if thats not clear then I don't know wtf is going on

yes I know who David Icke is ..... I think he is quite looney .... I didn't watch any of what he said last night cos I couldn't be fcked ..... and I think the thing that transpired at that protest in london was entirely cringeworthy ..... which I also think was the sentiment of the crowd for the bits I did see

do I think that stage thing was an intentional setup to discredit the protest - no I don't think so - I think it was just a small part of the overall protest which was probably organised by some really misguided people who don't even realise they are damaging their own cause ..... but hey I think alot of f**ked up shit goes on in the world, so I am not so entirely closed minded to dismiss that it may have been f**ked up by someone - I disagree thats what happened, but not to the extent to make a totally smart arse stupid comment about it

My response and question to you was specifically about IALB's original comment which implied that there has been someone involved who is discrediting the protests, not the paid actor thing.

I happen to agree with Bandwagon's sentiment though, seems convenient to shift now that the true looneys are involved.

Will be interesting to see how the crowd goes now that the looneys are involved.

I don't think it is intentional to discredit the protest either, i think the people who are whipping all these people into a frenzy to protest are already on the side of Icke and his ridiculous ideas and claims and have seen the opportunity with all these new people who are frustrated with this specific situation and are now pushing it further on them. Kind of like born again christians do......give an inch and take 1 million miles.

Suitman

Post Whore
I feel your pain mate.
I'm in the same boat.
Just before lockdown came in, I went and got the FLU jab, so I could visit my parents, as it was a condition of entry to their aged care facility.
Now they are locked down, I can't even do that.
Dad's blind (from previous strokes) and suffering severe dementia. Mum's health is deteriorating all the time. And I, nor anyone else can visit them. They are stuck in Alcatraz. I might be the same as you as to when the next time I see them.
All I can do, and remain diligent in doing is ringing them every day, and having a chat to both of them.
It's mostly small talk, as they do nothing and I'm in building lockdown as well, so nothing is really happening here.
I just write things down that have happened in the news or stuff I have heard from my kids, etc.... before I call them so at least I having something to talk about. They really enjoy my daily call, and other calls from my siblings.
It's amazing how I can tell how much their mood changes from the time they pick up the the phone till the time they hang up.

Well, there you go. 24 hrs later.....

Last night, Dad had a fall while getting up to go to the toilet. Being dark, and he being blind (he has about 4% vision in one eye) and with his dementia, he really has no idea where he is heading, even though the bathroom door is about 1.5 metres away from his side of the bed. He hit his head during the fall.

He's now in Westmead hospital. Has had a CT scan and it showed some bleeding from the brain. They've taken him off his warfarin and reversing it to try and stem the bleeding. He'll have another CT scan tomorrow.
Saddest thing is that no one can visit him. Not even my sister who is the primary carer. Not at this stage anyway.

I've rung my mum twice today to check on her welfare and both times she was in tears. She's getting good care though from the facility she is in. We can't visit her to support her either.
Covid sucks because when people like these are at a moment in their lives where they need people around them, it's forbidden.

Kornstar

Coach

Last night, Dad had a fall while getting up to go to the toilet. Being dark, and he being blind (he has about 4% vision in one eye) and with his dementia, he really has no idea where he is heading, even though the bathroom door is about 1.5 metres away from his side of the bed. He hit his head during the fall.

He's now in Westmead hospital. Has had a CT scan and it showed some bleeding from the brain. They've taken him off his warfarin and reversing it to try and stem the bleeding. He'll have another CT scan tomorrow.
Saddest thing is that no one can visit him. Not even my sister who is the primary carer. Not at this stage anyway.

I've rung my mum twice today to check on her welfare and both times she was in tears. She's getting good care though from the facility she is in. We can't visit her to support her either.
Covid sucks because when people like these are at a moment in their lives where they need people around them, it's forbidden.

That really is shit and so sorry to hear. I really hope he is ok!

Whether people like it or not, until we start getting vaccinated or booking for the vaccination we will not be able to see our frailest of people that we love and who need it.

This is not politics, this is the lack of empathy and for the most part selfishness just because they may not be impacted in their current situation, if it were to happen to them only then will they change their tune, which will again be from selfishness.

For the most part, the human race is pretty shitty.

strider

Post Whore

thats really sad .... hope he is ok .... being in hospital alone would be terrible, esp with his condition .... and your mum too .... all the best

Well, obviously it can't be to do with this particular sad event, because that just happened. But the growing numbers of hospitalisations, including those (well) under 50 show the reality of the seriousness of this virus for many.
Is it any more deadly than previously though? I had the impression that if anything it's less deadly.

My response and question to you was specifically about IALB's original comment which implied that there has been someone involved who is discrediting the protests, not the paid actor thing.

I happen to agree with Bandwagon's sentiment though, seems convenient to shift now that the true looneys are involved.

Will be interesting to see how the crowd goes now that the looneys are involved.

I don't think it is intentional to discredit the protest either, i think the people who are whipping all these people into a frenzy to protest are already on the side of Icke and his ridiculous ideas and claims and have seen the opportunity with all these new people who are frustrated with this specific situation and are now pushing it further on them. Kind of like born again christians do......give an inch and take 1 million miles.
I implied the possibility, not that it had happened. I have even clarified that a couple of times so you're obviously choosing not to understand.

Kornstar

Coach
I implied the possibility, not that it had happened. I have even clarified that a couple of times so you're obviously choosing not to understand.

You back tracked when called out on it. Which is fine by the way.

Anyways, my question was as at the time i asked the question and when he responded i don't think you had clarified. I was clarifying that point.

All good, we will never agree as i don't personally think there is some global conspiracy or money making scheme or depopulation initiatives or control or anything.........governments are the most inept run organisations in the world, to think they could all co-ordinate something this large is literally impossible.

The fact that they are run so poorly but complete and utter morons are the reason it is so easy to have conspiracy theories........

I won't ever change your mind though.

You back tracked when called out on it. Which is fine by the way.

Anyways, my question was as at the time i asked the question and when he responded i don't think you had clarified. I was clarifying that point.

All good, we will never agree as i don't personally think there is some global conspiracy or money making scheme or depopulation initiatives or control or anything.........governments are the most inept run organisations in the world, to think they could all co-ordinate something this large is literally impossible.

The fact that they are run so poorly but complete and utter morons are the reason it is so easy to have conspiracy theories........

I won't ever change your mind though.
expand...
It was completely different from previous protests which featured hardly any of that stuff. Like it was designed to be discredited.

That's the post. I've not backtracked at all. It was just an observation on how different the protests was from previous ones, and musing on possibly why. I don't think it's likely but there's a lot at stake even just in terms of money. But you're right, not going to agree on everything and that's fine.

Gronk

Staff member

Big love mate.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Is it any more deadly than previously though? I had the impression that if anything it's less deadly.

I think the Jury's still out on that one. There's a train of thought that as the virus mutates to become more contagious, it can also become less harmful. But I don't think we yet have the kind of data required to make that call, particularly given it's become more prevalent at the same time vaccination numbers are getting decent in a lot of countries.

The other side of the coin is that it is most certainly proving to be more contagious, and that might be problematic in terms of how deadly it is. For example, let's say it's half as deadly, but four times more contagious ( not claiming that's the case ) that'd mean all else being equal it'd infect four times as many people, but only half as many of those would die, still that'd leave us with twice the number of deaths.

Gronk

Staff member
His lawyer Elias Tabschouri played footage to the court which he said did not show him punching any animal.

He was granted bail by Magistrate Joanne Keogh on strict conditions including that he not leave his house without his parents. 😂

I think the Jury's still out on that one. There's a train of thought that as the virus mutates to become more contagious, it can also become less harmful. But I don't think we yet have the kind of data required to make that call, particularly given it's become more prevalent at the same time vaccination numbers are getting decent in a lot of countries.

The other side of the coin is that it is most certainly proving to be more contagious, and that might be problematic in terms of how deadly it is. For example, let's say it's half as deadly, but four times more contagious ( not claiming that's the case ) that'd mean all else being equal it'd infect four times as many people, but only half as many of those would die, still that'd leave us with twice the number of deaths.
I've heard many times that not only do viruses tend to become less deadly but that they always do. Can't say it's true but what I've heard and makes sense.
As for transmission, recently I read that the UK strain was 50% more infectious than the original, and Delta is 50% more infectious than the UK strain. So twice as infectious as the original.

Gary Gutful

Immortal

Sorry to hear that mate. Fingers crossed it all goes OK.

IFR33K

Coach

Sad to hear, all the best to you and the fam.

Wally21

Juniors

Sorry to hear that Suitman, puts many things into perspective