What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

it can depend on the device

he maybe on a laptop and you on the phone or similar device

I thought it might have been my adblocker, but I tried Firefox which is set up to be very 'lite' and still can't work it out. I can't even see in the profile settings where you choose to allow advertising. No biggie....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it might have been my adblocker, but I tried Firefox which is set up to be very 'lite' and still can't work it out. I can't even see in the profile settings where you choose to allow advertising. No biggie....

your add blocker is the problem, the new upgrade has some features disabled if you are using an add blocker, so you are kind of restricted

your add blocker is the problem, the new upgrade has some features disabled if you are using an add blocker, so you are kind of restricted

But I don't have an adblocker (or any add-ons) on my Firefox app.

Anyway, I can just describe the pictures I can see. People have been doing for thousands of years.

Gronk

Staff member
Delta: @Liverpool Hospital two student nurses got the covid after getting into an empty lift immediately after two infected patients. 😮

Gronk

Staff member
ABC: Gladys will allow the construction industry etc to go back to work with the aid of rapid antigen tests.

PCR tests have been criticised by certain factions because of their hypersensitivity.

Rapid Antigen tests bring their own problems, especially in the false negative space. Meaning that you could still have + in the workpace.

strider

Post Whore
TLDR: So what's this guy's point ?

If you owned Pfizer and a country wanted to grant emergency use of your research drug and only pay a few bucks per shot, how would you protect your IP and income streams ? What legal indemnities would you seek ?
yeah the whole thing is hardly surprising tbh

you will pay us alot of money no matter what .... and we accept zero responsibility .... and if it does go to shit you are on your own - unless we want to cover our own arses for PR .... profit!!

Gronk

Staff member

you will pay us alot of money no matter what .... and we accept zero responsibility .... and if it does go to shit you are on your own - unless we want to cover our own arses for PR .... profit!!
I'm a little lost. How does this pharma supply contract differ from normal pharma supply contracts ?

Gronk

Staff member
Exactly what I said ... hardly surprising

And sure fire recipe for huge profits
Some background: Trump enacted the “Right-to-Try” Experimental Drugs Act. This allows early access to new drugs which (in layman's terms) are not ready for market. Under the act, a patient when faced with a life threatening condition, can cut corners and have the drug administered with informed consent.

In fact he had Regeneron and a few others under the Act.

All of a sudden we have a worldwide pandemic and pharma companies are told that their vaccines are being fast tracked in this manner. The terms used by the USA TGA was "emergency use".

Yet somehow you think that big pharma should just give it away for free with no consequences in the most litigious country in the world ? I don't think you are being realistic.