What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

hindy111

Immortal
Mate, please don't joke about it. My rent is more than what they are offering, and I'm not even sure I am eligible for any payment anyway, due to the restrictive rules they have put in place.

I looked on myGov. And not for the business as have to jump threw hoops and its all based in luck of when paid.
But the coronavirus disaster payment is if you work more then 20hrs a week but that's been lost. I have yet to submit but it seems like its based on exactly that.
It is $600 a week for pass few weeks and just been lifted to $750 for the next 4 weeks.

So even if you're only getting a few days a week there doesn't seem to be a reason why you are unable to claim this.

hindy111

Immortal
Me too. I reckon the consensus from the feds is that we (small business) can afford to take a hit.

It is a case of they know plenty will rort it. I've heard plenty of stories last time job saver went around. And they rushed that. Last thing they want is that happening again.

The amount offered seems similar now except once lockdown ends it will cut out. I am unsure if work will pick up immediately. But I am happy to cop that part on the chin. If it isnslow for a few mths and have to just scrape along that's fine for me. I can live like a cockroach if I need to. I am battle hardy.

I think best to write this year off and just survive and try again next year to do better.

strider

Post Whore
Some background: Trump enacted the “Right-to-Try” Experimental Drugs Act. This allows early access to new drugs which (in layman's terms) are not ready for market. Under the act, a patient when faced with a life threatening condition, can cut corners and have the drug administered with informed consent.

In fact he had Regeneron and a few others under the Act.

All of a sudden we have a worldwide pandemic and pharma companies are told that their vaccines are being fast tracked in this manner. The terms used by the USA TGA was "emergency use".
Well at least we can agree, its an Experiment ... lol

Yet somehow you think that big pharma should just give it away for free with no consequences in the most litigious country in the world ? I don't think you are being realistic.
Struggling to find where I said anyone should give anything away for free ..... its all about lack of liability and exceptionally favourable in every way .... but hey, if idiots are desperate to agree no matter what ...... yay filthy rich pharma!!
giphy.gif

hindy111

Immortal
Well at least we can agree, its an Experiment ... lol

Struggling to find where I said anyone should give anything away for free ..... its all about lack of liability and exceptionally favourable in every way .... but hey, if idiots are desperate to agree no matter what ...... yay filthy rich pharma!!
giphy.gif

That pink thing is cute. It reminds me of a MOGWAI

Gronk

Staff member
That blood don't look right.

Old mate who is putting blood under the microscope is a antivaxer homeopath. He calls it the genocide vaccine.