What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

Bandwagon

Staff member
I'd also suggest that using "most of Europe" as a gauge and asserting that equates to good performance isn't exactly ideal either.

I mean a shit sandwich with more or less shit is still a shit sandwich.

I'd also suggest that using "most of Europe" as a gauge and asserting that equates to good performance isn't exactly ideal either.

If you really want to get into it have a look at deaths from all causes. Nothing unusual about 2020 in Sweden.

Bandwagon

Staff member
10k odd excess deaths in a country of around 10 Million over the course of the pandemic seems to me as being not quite usual.

You're kidding yourself. Especially considering they'd had low overall mortality for a couple of previous years. It's a normal fluctuation.

Bandwagon

Staff member
You're kidding yourself. Especially considering they'd had low overall mortality for a couple of previous years. It's a normal fluctuation.

Oh yeah, of course it is.

Another read is that up until 2020 their death rate had been falling marginally for the past five years ( at least ), yet that trend hasn't stuck at all through 2020 / 21.

1627599379751.png

Bandwagon

Staff member
Links for above screenshot.

Web Page

Link to excel

strider

Post Whore

Well comparing it to australia and new zealand would be even more stupid .... little countries easy to hide at the bottom of the world ..... if you wanna compare it to anything then european countries are probably as good as anything ... and yeah maybe northern europe better cos of similar climate

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well comparing it to australia and new zealand would be even more stupid .... little countries easy to hide at the bottom of the world ..... if you wanna compare it to anything then european countries are probably as good as anything ... and yeah maybe northern europe better cos of similar climate

See if you really read and understood my post you responded to there, you'd see it's not a criticism of making a comparison per se.

It's a criticism of calling something slightly less shit a success.

strider

Post Whore
See if you really read and understood my post you responded to there, you'd see it's not a criticism of making a comparison per se.

It's a criticism of calling something slightly less shit a success.
I understand what you said .... my point is they wanna make a comparison, so whether they are shit sandwich comparisons or not then its at least a meaningful comparison

Bandwagon

Staff member
I understand what you said .... my point is they wanna make a comparison, so whether they are shit sandwich comparisons or not then its at least a meaningful comparison

Yeah, go back to the tweet from which the conversation comes, it's using that comparison to claim success.

That's my point.

It's like saying the Donkey's have had a successful season,

On account of being shit less often than the Dogs.

It's really quite meaningless.

Gronk

Staff member
Remember when covid deaths were exaggerated. Made up numbers that shouldn’t be taken seriously?

But when they are justified as accurate, then excess deaths ?

Now the vaccines injuries / deaths are real and any attempt to play them down is Dr Evil suss ?

Yeah, go back to the tweet from which the conversation comes, it's using that comparison to claim success.

That's my point.

It's like saying the Donkey's have had a successful season,

On account of being shit less often than the Dogs.

It's really quite meaningless.
Footy teams don't catch shitness off each other.