What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

TheParraboy

Staff member
There apparently is another protest planned in Sydney tomorrow (according to covid update currently on ch10 now).

Gronk

Staff member
Do tell. What's wrong with this graph?
Firstly he pulls a Trump by using an early pandemic death prediction (based on total inaction) to imply that any number below that is a success.

The reality is that Sweden did no better than USA, UK and Germany has better numbers.

1627610519527.png

The flawed logic is that not withstanding the masks, social distancing, hygiene campaigns and lockdowns* undertaken by Sweden, deaths are still extraordinary for 2020. If they imposed the same restrictions to the 1993 flu season, what would have the death toll looked like ? See, we are not comparing apples with apples.

* The Oxford Covid-19 government response stringency index shows that the concept that "Sweden didn't do lockdowns" is a fallacy.

BTW, they are still banking the dry powder claim to justify excess deaths. If that is the case, then is it only fair to use the same claim when discussing vaccine deaths over the past 12 months, right ? Because, they were going to die anyway.

Firstly he pulls a Trump by using an early pandemic death prediction (based on total inaction) to imply that any number below that is a success.

The reality is that Sweden did no better than USA, UK and Germany has better numbers.

View attachment 51508

The flawed logic is that not withstanding the masks, social distancing, hygiene campaigns and lockdowns* undertaken by Sweden, deaths are still extraordinary for 2020. If they imposed the same restrictions to the 1993 flu season, what would have the death toll looked like ? See, we are not comparing apples with apples.

* The Oxford Covid-19 government response stringency index shows that the concept that "Sweden didn't do lockdowns" is a fallacy.

BTW, they are still banking the dry powder claim to justify excess deaths. If that is the case, then is it only fair to use the same claim when discussing vaccine deaths over the past 12 months, right ? Because, they were going to die anyway.
I'll ask again, what's wrong with the graph?

strider

Post Whore
I wonder if any of the big wigs in australian govt/health beaurocracy ever entertains the possiblity that we could allow "consent" for covid patients to try an alternate treatment ..... or they will just be content to keep going as-is and never know if it might actually help some people like it has all around the world

despite the dumb statements at 11am each morning, vaccinating every f**ker isn't going to happen overnight ...... sure we were in paradise in the past and never had to consider alternate treatments ..... but now when shit hits the fan, we have nothing useful to do except guilt trips and fear campaigns that won't fix anything

our contry thinks we handled covid so well ...... we just hid under the bed for a year - now the boogy man found us and we have no baseball bat

Gronk

Staff member
I wonder if any of the big wigs in australian govt/health beaurocracy ever entertains the possiblity that we could allow "consent" for covid patients to try an alternate treatment ..... or they will just be content to keep going as-is and never know if it might actually help some people like it has all around the world

despite the dumb statements at 11am each morning, vaccinating every f**ker isn't going to happen overnight ...... sure we were in paradise in the past and never had to consider alternate treatments ..... but now when shit hits the fan, we have nothing useful to do except guilt trips and fear campaigns that won't fix anything

our contry thinks we handled covid so well ...... we just hid under the bed for a year - now the boogy man found us and we have no baseball bat
So if you have to go to hospital with covid-19 (which means that you prolly can breath) you're hoping to say to the Dr in ICU on admission that you want ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine (for example) ?

strider

Post Whore
So if you have to go to hospital with covid-19 (which means that you prolly can breath) you're hoping to say to the Dr in ICU on admission that you want ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine (for example) ?
Well i think the intelligent people would understand that you setup something where you can say upfront before you even getting ill that you want that .... and people allow their family members to agree

I mean at the moment you cant even have a chat to your Dr about it.

I just think completely denying it as an option is now lunacy when you now actually have a problem

Kornstar

Coach
Well i think the intelligent people would understand that you setup something where you can say upfront before you even getting ill that you want that .... and people allow their family members to agree

I just think completely denying it as an option is now lunacy when you now actually have a problem

Imagine if people weren't so litigious?

Gronk

Staff member

You already have that choice. You complete a Refusal of Treatment: Competent Person form (for NSW, example attached) and Bob's your uncle. You then record your wishes for your future medical care in an advance care direction, known as a ‘living will’.

All hospitals will 100% respect your wishes. This is evidenced by their respect of any patient's DNR order - Do Not Resuscitate instruction.

Attachments

• ORG111 MR003A Refusal of Treatment Certificate Competent Person.pdf
    99.7 KB · Views: 0

Kornstar

Coach
Old mate Reno Scevola shared this on his facebook.

I just signed up to tiktok to see what this guy posts, holy shit!

He is an absolute nut job and he has almost 100k followers, following and support this guy is exactly what is wrong with society.

People are worried about the current governments being in power, watch some of the shit this guys posts and then listen to the guy talk and imagine a world where people like him were in charge.......FMD

I'm all for difference of opinion and all of that but posting shit without thought or consequence surely isn't someone to take seriously? No facts to back them up, nothing but baseless videos that could easily be manipulated, especially in the world of deep fakes......

This guy just seriously creeps me out.....anyone else?

strider

Post Whore
I just signed up to tiktok to see what this guy posts, holy shit!

He is an absolute nut job and he has almost 100k followers, following and support this guy is exactly what is wrong with society.

People are worried about the current governments being in power, watch some of the shit this guys posts and then listen to the guy talk and imagine a world where people like him were in charge.......FMD

I'm all for difference of opinion and all of that but posting shit without thought or consequence surely isn't someone to take seriously? No facts to back them up, nothing but baseless videos that could easily be manipulated, especially in the world of deep fakes......

This guy just seriously creeps me out.....anyone else?
absolutely - he looks and acts like a scary muthaf**ker

strider

Post Whore
You already have that choice. You complete a Refusal of Treatment: Competent Person form (for NSW, example attached) and Bob's your uncle. You then record your wishes for your future medical care in an advance care direction, known as a ‘living will’.

All hospitals will 100% respect your wishes. This is evidenced by their respect of any patient's DNR order - Do Not Resuscitate instruction.
Whats the point when alternate treatments are flattly refused for covid?

Gronk

Staff member
Whats the point when alternate treatments are flattly refused for covid?
You’d need to sign a waiver and indemnify the hospital, Drs and the manufacturer of Ivermectin and / or hydroxychloroquine, because the big Pharma that make them don’t endorse their off label use for covid-19.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yeah, that aint happenin' as signing away your rights via waiver doesn't protect others from claims of negligence.

strider

Post Whore
Well if our govt give a shit people are dying then they will go with the emergency use for a drug thats actually been approved in australia for decades.

I dunno wtf your links are cos its used fairly widely in the USA now (and elsewhere) ... so there must be ways around the greedy pharma f**kwits.

But thats cool if our govt is ok to let people die .... teach those unvaccinated f**kers a lesson

hindy111

Immortal
Well if our govt give a shit people are dying then they will go with the emergency use for a drug thats actually been approved in australia for decades.

I dunno wtf your links are cos its used fairly widely in the USA now (and elsewhere) ... so there must be ways around the greedy pharma f**kwits.

But thats cool if our govt is ok to let people die .... teach those unvaccinated f**kers a lesson

I feel like all ScoMo wants is no lockdown and no handouts. It is about the economy and getting it firing again. When people are earning money and the system is rolling people forget about everything else and think they are living the good life. Untill they feel empty and jump on social media to give their opinion.

I heard a great interview on ABC radio this week. How our society is becoming flawed and we are lacking in the fundamentals so always left feeling unsafe and wanting change.