What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

strider

Post Whore
The right to peaceful protest is wonderful. Tear gassing of peaceful BLM protesters in Washington eroded at everything society has fought for.

Opportistic alphas who get their rocks off by causing trouble at protests are shit heads, no matter what colours they wear. Looting in USA (and last week in South Africa) is probably a product of poverty and the great divide bewteen classes in those countries. It doesn’t happen here because we (try) to maintain some sort of equity.

In the USA, dumb looting has given some ammunition to some who object to the concept of equality or that equality does not or has not exist(ed). The same people are campaigning against what is labelled Critical Race Theory.
I'm not asking about the violence or not ..... I'm asking were they irresponsible protesting in large numbers during a pandemic when in THEIR countries there were ACTUALLY thousands dying at the time

Gronk

Staff member
I'm not asking about the violence or not ..... I'm asking were they irresponsible protesting in large numbers during a pandemic when in THEIR countries there were ACTUALLY thousands dying at the time
Hell yes.

Gronk

Staff member

Contact tracers still assessing impact of protest​

NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said he was disappointed that a number of NSW Health staff were reportedly at Saturday's protest.

"Investigations are currently continuing with both health and the police. I understand there was one paramedic and either assistant in nursing or nursing staff; and one other," he said.

"In a democracy people are entitled to demonstrate legally, but it was not a legal demonstration. It was not approved by police. It has consequences both under public health orders and potentially under the Crimes Act."

Authorities discovered one individual, who had been turned away by police officers at Central Station on the day of the protest and told to return home, had tested positive for COVID-19 the following day.

hindy111

Immortal
This thread is kind of like a game of footy where two teams are playing that can't win the comp and don't follow. You just can't get interested and kind of want it to end.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, there you go. 24 hrs later.....

Last night, Dad had a fall while getting up to go to the toilet. Being dark, and he being blind (he has about 4% vision in one eye) and with his dementia, he really has no idea where he is heading, even though the bathroom door is about 1.5 metres away from his side of the bed. He hit his head during the fall.

He's now in Westmead hospital. Has had a CT scan and it showed some bleeding from the brain. They've taken him off his warfarin and reversing it to try and stem the bleeding. He'll have another CT scan tomorrow.
Saddest thing is that no one can visit him. Not even my sister who is the primary carer. Not at this stage anyway.

I've rung my mum twice today to check on her welfare and both times she was in tears. She's getting good care though from the facility she is in. We can't visit her to support her either.
Covid sucks because when people like these are at a moment in their lives where they need people around them, it's forbidden.

I'm so sorry, mate. That is truly awful. My thoughts are with you.

I understand that the pandemic is serious, but surely allowing an ill, elderly person to die completely alone is inhumane?

I don't know. I respect that we all have a part to play, but I'm not happy.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Immortal
This thread is kind of like a game of footy where two teams are playing that can't win the comp and don't follow. You just can't get interested and kind of want it to end.
That probably sounded more prophetic and insightful before you posted it.

hindy111

Immortal
Malta is leading the world in vaccination rates.
Is it time to put a BORG or VELLA in charge of the country?

Gary Gutful

Immortal

Why most Maltese share the same 100 surnames​

The 2011 census collected a total of 19,104 surnames. The top 10 are: Borg, Camilleri, Vella, Farrugia, Zammit, Galea, Micallef, Grech, Attard, Spiteri and Azzopardi. And 25 per cent of the population – 99,516 – own just these 10 surnames. A total of 178,018 people – 44 per cent – have surnames which make it to the top 25 list.

But here is the stunning news: 76 per cent of the population – 307,886 people – share the same 100 surnames.

“This means that three-quarters of the whole population carry the top 100 surnames, while the remaining 23.98 per cent – 97,076 people – share the remaining 12,210 surnames,” Dr Cassar said.

This, he said, probably shows a degree of inbreeding. “That is why we suffer from a lot of chronic illnesses – such as diabetes.”

hindy111

Immortal

The 2011 census collected a total of 19,104 surnames. The top 10 are: Borg, Camilleri, Vella, Farrugia, Zammit, Galea, Micallef, Grech, Attard, Spiteri and Azzopardi. And 25 per cent of the population – 99,516 – own just these 10 surnames. A total of 178,018 people – 44 per cent – have surnames which make it to the top 25 list.

But here is the stunning news: 76 per cent of the population – 307,886 people – share the same 100 surnames.

“This means that three-quarters of the whole population carry the top 100 surnames, while the remaining 23.98 per cent – 97,076 people – share the remaining 12,210 surnames,” Dr Cassar said.

This, he said, probably shows a degree of inbreeding. “That is why we suffer from a lot of chronic illnesses – such as diabetes.”

Yes I believe this

The Vietnamese and Koreans must be in a lot of trouble.