What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

eels_fan

Bench
Seems the harder the lockdown the more the cases…

makes sense 🙄🙄

testing a-symptomatic people is stupid imo… they are not being impacted by the virus, their body is dealing with it like any other virus just as it was built to do. They don’t require hospitalisation, so why use them in figures that dictate extension of lockdown and restrictions?

they use positive test rates to force the vaccine message, but even once vaccinated you still need to get tested as you can still contract it, but again are likely to be a-symptomatic, so it’s counter productive.

Kornstar

Coach

makes sense 🙄🙄

testing a-symptomatic people is stupid imo… they are not being impacted by the virus, their body is dealing with it like any other virus just as it was built to do. They don’t require hospitalisation, so why use them in figures that dictate extension of lockdown and restrictions?

they use positive test rates to force the vaccine message, but even once vaccinated you still need to get tested as you can still contract it, but again are likely to be a-symptomatic, so it’s counter productive.

It is clear that people are not following the rules, people are still going to see friends and family in specific LGA's.

There is also a significant language (and cultural) barrier that is too hard to convey by the people at the top because they will be classed as racist, even though it is what it is. Hazard was kind of saying it yesterday but obviously he couldn't really go too deep cause he knows the backlash that would follow!

Do you know asymptomatic people can pass COVID on? Or do you think because they have no symptoms they don't pass it on?

eels_fan

Bench
Do you know asymptomatic people can pass COVID on? Or do you think because they have no symptoms they don't pass it on?
Of course I understand that. But is that not the same situation with the common Cold and flu?
If we are going to use a-symptomatic people as the yardstick for the severity of the virus we will never, ever, get out of a lockdown. Vaccines won’t make a difference and you can still get and test positive.

there has to be a shift in how this situation is recorded/reported and handled.

strider

Post Whore
maybe we are learning what other countries not hidden at the bottom of the world learnt .... lockdowns aren't really totally locked down - people still need some things to survive - even if thats company and family for some people, everyone is wired differently ...... perhaps this is why many think lockdowns aren't entirely effective

and don't @ me - I've said a million times I reckon lockdowns should surely have some effect - just not dillussional that its truely "locked down"

hindy111

Immortal
So on another note how are others coping with the lockdown?
I've kinda started to feel flat and unmotivated the last few days. Ended up buying a packet of smokes 😑 Can't really be bothered returning calls or texts.Most calls Ive had this week are from old friends who wanted to see how I am going but also needed some electrical work done. f**k I am sick of those calls.Very draining.
Deleted all social media as well cause I am sick of hearing about the virus and a lot of uneducated people trying to give advice how to run the country.

strider

Post Whore
I've kinda started to feel flat and unmotivated the last few days. Ended up buying a packet of smokes 😑 Can't really be bothered returning calls or texts.Most calls Ive had this week are from old friends who wanted to see how I am going but also needed some electrical work done. f**k I am sick of those calls.Very draining.
Deleted all social media as well cause I am sick of hearing about the virus and a lot of uneducated people trying to give advice how to run the country.
I think everyone handles it differently ..... and people shouldn't be too harsh judging others cos everyone is wired differently in terms of what social activity they need ....... I'm generally content to be on my own much of the time, but I don't think zero interaction is good for anyone

Gronk

Staff member

makes sense 🙄🙄

Today’s results are incubated infections from 7-10 days ago. You’re 🙄🙄emojis are me at you.

hindy111

Immortal
I think everyone handles it differently ..... and people shouldn't be too harsh judging others cos everyone is wired differently in terms of what social activity they need ....... I'm generally content to be on my own much of the time, but I don't think zero interaction is good for anyone

Humans are not designed to be alone. We evolved from living in tribes.

Stay on here mate. Hang in there. Come and visit me when it's all over and you can drink all the non craft beer in my fridge.

Suitman

Post Whore
Sky News are one strike away from being banned from Youtube.

What I don't get is that News Limited (owner of The Daily Telegraph) decided to can Alan Jones's column, yet they (majority owners of Foxtel) still allow him to pedal his shit on Sky News.

Kornstar

Coach
Of course I understand that. But is that not the same situation with the common Cold and flu?
If we are going to use a-symptomatic people as the yardstick for the severity of the virus we will never, ever, get out of a lockdown. Vaccines won’t make a difference and you can still get and test positive.

there has to be a shift in how this situation is recorded/reported and handled.

I know it is cool to listen to facebook, twitter and youtube people show you the "truth" but there are pretty big implications to you if you are not asymptomatic.

It is not like the cold or flu at all.

It has been repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over (i can't stress this enough) that if you are vaccinated you can still get COVID the difference is that there is a much higher chance that you will not need to go to the ICU or even attend hospital.

I think you are attacking the wrong thing when you are talking about handling it. It will be important to keep tracking everything and everyone until we get to the magic number in vaccinations. You don't have to like it and i totally get why people are worried about getting it, i am not that sold either but i am going to get it done because i trust my medical professionals advising me.

FYI, we just walked about 5kms out and about and i counted 20 people either not wearing a mask or wearing it either underneath their nose or under their chin, that is even without counting the people who had their mask while drinking or eating (which is legal). We walk past 3 parks and at each one the parks were full of kids playing on equipment with parents standing around talking to friends like big hangouts.

Probably tells you everything you need to know about case numbers........