What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

Kornstar

Coach
So in regards to:

1. if being able to go to a footy game changes your mind on getting vaccinated, you never had conviction in your decision to start with.
2. Then that is on them, no different to the threat a smoker puts upon themselves, or someone that eats McDonald’s 3 times a day, or someone who chooses to drink and drive.

What is your decision based on though? We have heard that the biggest concern is the long term effects, see article;

https://www.muhealth.org/our-storie...d-19-vaccine-wont-have-long-term-side-effects

https://www.chop.edu/news/long-term-side-effects-covid-19-vaccine

I've seen the 2 month period mentioned a few times over the last few days.

If you are basing your opinion on youtube or any social media then maybe you should just talk to a few Drs and get their opinion as they are the ones who have studied their entire lives, as opposed to "Dr" Joe on the internet.

Kornstar

Coach
Don't watch it. Either way. It was a good explanation about where power resides and with a little thought a reasonably intelligent person could see how that control or ownership could be used to explain some of what you are happy to mock. But don't pretend I'm forcing you to do something and don't try to discuss something you haven't seen.

That's cool, i am arguing in general but you are only focusing on one video.

I already agreed with you about corruption and greed and nothing in that video whether i watch it or not will show me anything i do not already know and that is that rich people like being rich and will do shady shit to continue to be rich. Nothing is gong to change that though.

I am not even mocking it, i completely believe that way they say is probably true but i just don't happen to believe it is a big deal as it is as it has always been this way, COVID didn't change anything.

Why all of a sudden is it an issue that the world works this way?

That's cool, i am arguing in general but you are only focusing on one video.

I already agreed with you about corruption and greed and nothing in that video whether i watch it or not will show me anything i do not already know and that is that rich people like being rich and will do shady shit to continue to be rich. Nothing is gong to change that though.

I am not even mocking it, i completely believe that way they say is probably true but i just don't happen to believe it is a big deal as it is as it has always been this way, COVID didn't change anything.

Why all of a sudden is it an issue that the world works this way?
Maybe I'm slow to the party. But even if so you don't seem to be congratulating me on finally realising what you've known for ages, or have I missed those posts? Instead I've seen the ones mocking conspiracy theories that I apparently blindly believe, as though you know what I've watched and want to believe.
When you say nothing I can ask you to watch will show you anything you don't already know, well I guess that's where we agree this is pointless.

Bandwagon

Staff member
You have to get a permit to protest first and foremost, obviously in the middle of a pandemic you won't get that permit. I would think that is logical, when does public health safety come into it? You may not believe in the virus or its severity but whether you like it or not the people who are in charge of such matters believe it is serious so they would advise not to protest.

I can't be arsed checking but i don't think they were legally allowed to protest last year for the BLM stuff either.

Yeah they were, there was one or two that were denied permission, they took it to court and won.

For mine the Melbourne one at least should not have happened, from memory at that time it was starting to take hold down there, but every where else it appears it wasn't a problem.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Bandwagon

Staff member
I've seen some sky videos .... they have encouraged vaccination in many I have seen ..... they are getting banned for mentioning ivermectin yeah?

they are highly critical of politicians and health bearaucrats ..... total smart arse smuggies most of the time ..... is that part of why they have been whacked?

Sky essentially have two "news" channels in the one, their daytime programming, which is about as respectable as most actual news providers, and after dark, which is all "opinion" based with what ever agenda Murdoch wants them to push. It's the after dark lunatics that have earnt the ire of the socials.

Their Socials audience for after dark is far larger than both their traditional viewership, and their other channels, it really drives their business model, and their revenue.

Bandwagon

Staff member
From 2022, no covid vax then no access to any stadiums or sports/major events

Regardless of your thoughts on getting the covid jab, no one should be ok with the government dictating to this degree what anyone can do.

I think smoking is repulsive and it kills far more people than covid, yet I wouldn’t support the government telling people they couldn’t smoke anymore.

if a convicted pedophile, murderer, or woman basher is allowed more freedom than someone who just doesn’t want a jab, the whole f**king world has gone mad

The government do tell people they can't smoke anymore, it's just done implicitly rather than explicitly.

You choose between smoking, and paying a shit ton of tax and duties, so for many that means poverty or smoking. Neither are great choices of course, but it is what it is.

Bandwagon

Staff member
So seems they banned em over videos questioning lockdowns and masks

Thanks for clarifying guys

I would be taking that explanation with a grain of salt. It's pretty much Houghton says, YouTube........

Gronk

Staff member
So seems they banned em over videos questioning lockdowns and masks

Thanks for clarifying guys

It all started when Alan Jones made up stats which suggests that you were more likley to die vaxxed, that you were unvaxxed and that Delta is a beat-up.

Media Watch has it all.

The ban was imposed by the digital giant on Thursday afternoon, the day after the Daily Telegraph ended Alan Jones’s regular column amid controversy about his Covid-19 commentary which included calling the New South Wales chief health officer Kerry Chant a village idiot on his Sky News program.

WTF did poor Dr Chant do to deserve Dr Jones’s wrath ? He went after Dr Young the other week and Dr Spurrier.

Common denominator?

Attachments

• 94A18CC0-B921-4102-A1AA-BD4CE1DE7F49.jpeg
    94A18CC0-B921-4102-A1AA-BD4CE1DE7F49.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DE3B935E-937C-420B-816A-39CE7D110C7C.png
    DE3B935E-937C-420B-816A-39CE7D110C7C.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 597D6ED8-A523-41CC-AEAE-5033FA25DEE3.png
    597D6ED8-A523-41CC-AEAE-5033FA25DEE3.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Noise

Coach
From 2022, no covid vax then no access to any stadiums or sports/major events

Regardless of your thoughts on getting the covid jab, no one should be ok with the government dictating to this degree what anyone can do.

I think smoking is repulsive and it kills far more people than covid, yet I wouldn’t support the government telling people they couldn’t smoke anymore.

if a convicted pedophile, murderer, or woman basher is allowed more freedom than someone who just doesn’t want a jab, the whole f**king world has gone mad
The government has told smokers they can’t smoke at stadiums. If they do want to smoke they have to go outside the stadium. Once they finish their cigarette they can come in. It will be the same for the unvaccinated. They will just have to wait outside the stadium. Once they are vaccinated they can come in.

Gronk

Staff member
The government has told smokers they can’t smoke at stadiums. If they do want to smoke they have to go outside the stadium. Once they finish their cigarette they can come in. It will be the same for the unvaccinated. They will just have to wait outside the stadium. Once they are vaccinated they can come in.
There is a way off the island.

images

hindy111

Immortal
Funny how Ch 9 enjoyed chatting about the side effect of vacinne. And now all that is gone and its all about getting a jab.
Embarrassing if ask me how the media has spun all this.

It all started when Alan Jones made up stats which suggests that you were more likley to die vaxxed, that you were unvaxxed and that Delta is a beat-up.

Media Watch has it all.

The ban was imposed by the digital giant on Thursday afternoon, the day after the Daily Telegraph ended Alan Jones’s regular column amid controversy about his Covid-19 commentary which included calling the New South Wales chief health officer Kerry Chant a village idiot on his Sky News program.

WTF did poor Dr Chant do to deserve Dr Jones’s wrath ? He went after Dr Young the other week and Dr Spurrier.

Common denominator?
Jones didn't actually make the numbers up. He just willfully and grossly misinterpreted their implications, so that your average idiot who can't or won't do the maths thought that the UK stats suggested that the vaccines were not effective in reducing mortality from Covid.