What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

Bandwagon

Staff member
Correct, nobody said this was a forever thing. This is a 1:100 year pandemic. How they exit this thing is going to evolve. Governments make line in the sand decisions all the time and there are always losers (for want of a better term).

I well understand that governments make these decisions all the time, that doesn't mean any of those decisions are beyond criticism, and it certainly doesn't mean that they deserve tacit support simply for doing so.

I'm looking at this from both an ethical and practical point of view, personally I don't see government as the great arbiter of either.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
Not even remotely.

A smoker can easily choose to do all the things a non smoker chooses to do, they are not excluded, their smoking is. I'm a smoker, and it doesn't interfere in that way at all.

I can go anywhere a non smoker can go, I just can't smoke in many places, that's ok, I don't smoke inside, or in my car, cause it f**king stinks. But I make that choice.
I hate the way shit merkins judge you as a smoker. It’s f**ken bullshit.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I hate the way shit merkins judge you as a smoker. It’s f**ken bullshit.

I don't really care TBH. I feel the same about vegans!

My only bugbear is the f**king huge amount of tax my habits ( smoking and alcohol ) have me paying. merkins talk about how smokers are a drain on resources, yet it feels like I f**king single handedly paid for them.

Gronk

Staff member
I well understand that governments make these decisions all the time, that doesn't mean any of those decisions are beyond criticism, and it certainly doesn't mean that they deserve tacit support simply for doing so.

I'm looking at this from both an ethical and practical point of view, personally I don't see government as the great arbiter of either.
Cool, so this is how the government has strategized an exit from hiding from covid and transitioning to living with covid.

As I said a few ^^^ pages earlier, only practical alternatives is going to see your argument grow legs.

Noise

Coach
I just feel here are certain rules we should get to vote on.
Do you know how much it costs to get the whole country to vote on something? Impossible to have a vote on every new rule. And then how would you decide which rules get voted on? Ridiculous. It’s why we have elections. So those elected can make decisions and rules.

hindy111

Immortal
Do you know how much it costs to get the whole country to vote on something? Impossible to have vote on every new rule. And then how would you decide which rules get voted on? Ridiculous. It’s why we have elections. So those elected can make decisions and rules.

It wasn't a well thought out idea. I see all your points and agree. It was a ridiculous suggestion.

Gronk

Staff member
It wasn't a well thought out idea. I see all your points and agree. It was a ridiculous suggestion.
Wasn't there an app once where you could vote "try" or "no try" ? You should develop this hindy into the people's voice so we can vote on everything.

Monday morning: We think that Harbour Bridge needs a new coat of paint. Press "Yes" or "No".
Tuesday morning: Should unvaccinated people be allowed in Sterlo's at Parra Leagues ? Press "Yes" or "No".

Gary Gutful

Immortal
I find itnrude when people smoke close to me.
I find it rude when I’ve created heaps of room and some f**kwit decides to stand next to me and forces me to go somewhere else to finish my durrie.

Its almost as bad as having a row full of cubicles and watching someone taking a slash right next to you.

eels_fan

Bench
If the government was serious about health, if this was only about protecting the health of the innocent/vulnerable, then they'd ban smokes and alcohol - all of which cause a catastrophic number of deaths every year, not just for those partaking in said products, but also innocent bystanders or families on the way to school drop off that get taken out by a drink driver. Far, far more than covid. Why are those health decisions not made ? oh thats right, taxes/tarrifs/govt revenue to be made.

I'm all for banning non-vaxxed people from football games - providing the supply of alcohol is also banned at football games to negate the amount of drunk people driving home and putting others and themselves at risk, not to mention risks associated with inebriated people starting fights that injure innocent people. And that hot chips, meat pies etc are also banned to avoid the risk associated with diabetes and heart conditions.

When the ushers are checking the "vaccine passports" to see if people are allowed to enter the stadium, they should also have a set of scales there too, and if you are above a healthy BMI you should also be denied entry.

Unvaccinated people are not lepers, and should not be treated as so.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Cool, so this is how the government has strategized an exit from hiding from covid and transitioning to living with covid.

As I said a few ^^^ pages earlier, only practical alternatives is going to see your argument grow legs.

TIL that in order to have a valid opinion, one must also have an alternative solution.

HoW vEry InTerDaStinG

Latest posts