What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 + 2021 COVID-19 discussion thread

Gronk

Staff member
I’m booked in for first jab of Pfizer September 1st.
Good luck with that. I know of two people who have had their Pfizer jab bookings cancelled because of the prioritisation of HSC students and SW Sydney punters.

Qld was celebrating yesterday when the Commonwealth announced they were bringing forward a shipment of 84,000 jabs. Big deal.

Noise

Coach
Good luck with that. I know of two people who have had their Pfizer jab bookings cancelled because of the prioritisation of HSC students and SW Sydney punters.

Qld was celebrating yesterday when the Commonwealth announced they were bringing forward a shipment of 84,000 jabs. Big deal.
I know of one person it happened too. I can’t see any Year 12 students going back on August 16 despite what Gladys said.

Gronk

Staff member
I know of one person it happened too. I can’t see any Year 12 students going back on August 16 despite what Gladys said.
My SIL is at secondary school in the east and whilst the kids are getting the jab, her enquiry for Pfizer fell on deaf ears. Doesn’t make sense to me other than an admission that they just don’t have enough Pfizer to do teachers as well.

Gronk

Staff member
Long covid pops the "99% of people recover" mantra. This ABC podcast Science Friction interviews UK doctors who contracted covid and how it impacted their lives after they were "negative". The podcast is in two parts, with the second 10 months later. One GP walks with crutches because of spinal column damage one has ongoing brain inflammation etc.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
OK, opening this thread again, please take note of the rules.

1. You have a right to your opinion.
2. Your opinion is not fact, so do not post it as a fact.
2. If you do not provide a suitable source, your post will be deleted. Source needs to be in English and not a blog.
3. If you want to whinge about being moderated, your post will be deleted, and so might you.
4. You may not agree with our moderators but they are under instruction on how to moderate this thread and you agreed to this when you ticked the box regarding our terms and conditions when you signed up.
5. If you can't behave, the thread gets locked again.

These have always been our rules and it's my fault for giving some people too much leeway.

If you are unsure, then ask me by private message (I don't bite) and I will do my best to help you regardless of your opinion. What some people do not realize is that I am not only doing this to protect LU, it's to protect yourself as you can be held liable for posting misinformation. Remember this is a Rugby League forum, we are not medical professionals, and to my knowledge, neither are any of you.

Good luck and enjoy.

chiefy1

Juniors
6 people have died in Australia in 2021 as a side effect of the vaccination.

17 people have died in Australia in 2021 (Coronavirus infection)
Meaning Over 25% of all deaths in Australia concerning Covid this year have come as a result of the vaccination being administered.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
6 people have died in Australia in 2021 as a side effect of the vaccination.

17 people have died in Australia in 2021 (Coronavirus infection)
Meaning Over 25% of all deaths in Australia concerning Covid this year have come as a result of the vaccination being administered.

nice try but connecting the dots is not your strength

you would be correct if the vaccinated people had the virus but there is nothing to support that

chiefy1

Juniors
nice try but connecting the dots is not your strength

you would be correct if the vaccinated people had the virus but there is nothing to support that

You miss the point. All that I'm saying is from the 23 deaths (2021) that are covid related, 6 of them have been the result of the vaccination's side effects. More than 25%

My point is the safety involving the vaccine's safety.

It seems that you may have a problem understanding the facts.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You miss the point. All that I'm saying is from the 23 deaths (2021) that are covid related, 6 of them have been the result of the vaccination's side effects.

More than 25%. My point is the safety of AstraZeneca.

I'm not missing the point, I know what you are trying to say, but in my opinion, it's illogical

perhaps if you looked at the number of lives it has saved, it would be more pertinent, although that number can't be measured

if you want to take the chance of not being vaccinated, that's totally your decision but I would suggest you make an informed decision rather than trying to make sense out of what you just posted. Also the source you provided states less than 1 in a million have died from the clots, but you fail to mention that as 25% is a more dramatic number

Gary Gutful

Immortal
You miss the point. All that I'm saying is from the 23 deaths (2021) that are covid related, 6 of them have been the result of the vaccination's side effects. More than 25%

My point is the safety involving the vaccine's safety.

It seems that you may have a problem understanding the facts.
How many deaths would there have been if there were no vaccinations at all?

Gronk

Staff member
How many deaths would there have been if there were no vaccinations at all?

Yep, no lockdowns, no masks, no vaccines, no worries - what would have happened ?

Well the country that faired the worst was Peru with 605 deaths per 100k population (raw number 197,000 deaths).

Crunch that to AU and you get 151,250 deaths.

tsunami GIF

Yep, no lockdowns, no masks, no vaccines, no worries - what would have happened ?

Well the country that faired the worst was Peru with 605 deaths per 100k population (raw number 197,000 deaths).

Crunch that to AU and you get 151,250 deaths.

tsunami GIF
And of the countries that did lock down, which one did the worst, and how many dead per 100K?

No lockdowns you say? The BBC calls bullshit.

Peru imposed one of the earliest and strictest lockdowns in Latin America back in March 2020 - before the UK and some other European countries.
This lasted until the end of June 2020.
The county's borders were shut, curfews were imposed, and people could only leave their homes for essential goods - but infections and deaths continued to rise.
A second lockdown was introduced in January this year in the capital Lima and nine other regions following a wave of infections which brought hospitals close to collapse.
Experts say Peru's healthcare system was underprepared, and lacks sufficient funding.
There's also been shortage of oxygen needed to treat Covid patients, and the entire country has around 1,600 intensive care unit beds - far less than some neighbouring countries.

No masks you say? Maybe you need to remove your own post due to misinformation.

Peru Begins Requiring Double Masks​

Gronk

Staff member
And of the countries that did lock down, which one did the worst, and how many dead per 100K?
Yeah I can help.

^^^ the countries that locked down the most days according to wiki are Oman, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Columbia, UK, Libya, Nepal & Saudi Arabia.

Having said that, all these numbers are a bit murky because there are many versions of "lockdown". Some countries lockdown at the first sign of a case, whereby others think that a lockdown when they already have a million cases will work. Cos it won't (waves to UK). Some countries actually behave themselves when in lockdown and adhere to the isolation rules and some give no f**ks.

So as much as I say lockdowns work and you say they don't, the real answer is - it depends. Also, lockdowns can't be used in isolation. The true strategy involves lockdowns, social distancing, masks, hygiene and vaccinations.

1628221036558.png

1628221690204.png

1628221954794.png

Suitman

Post Whore
My SIL is at secondary school in the east and whilst the kids are getting the jab, her enquiry for Pfizer fell on deaf ears. Doesn’t make sense to me other than an admission that they just don’t have enough Pfizer to do teachers as well.

I had my first jab yesterday at a local medical centre. I booked 4 weeks ago and was given the choice of which vaccine to have. They are getting 600 doses of Pfizer a week I was told, and have ample supply of AZ.
Of about 15 people in there at the time I was there, there was at least 10 there for the jab.

hindy111

Immortal
OK, opening this thread again, please take note of the rules.

1. You have a right to your opinion.
2. Your opinion is not fact, so do not post it as a fact.
2. If you do not provide a suitable source, your post will be deleted. Source needs to be in English and not a blog.
3. If you want to whinge about being moderated, your post will be deleted, and so might you.
4. You may not agree with our moderators but they are under instruction on how to moderate this thread and you agreed to this when you ticked the box regarding our terms and conditions when you signed up.
5. If you can't behave, the thread gets locked again.

These have always been our rules and it's my fault for giving some people too much leeway.

If you are unsure, then ask me by private message (I don't bite) and I will do my best to help you regardless of your opinion. What some people do not realize is that I am not only doing this to protect LU, it's to protect yourself as you can be held liable for posting misinformation. Remember this is a Rugby League forum, we are not medical professionals, and to my knowledge, neither are any of you.

Good luck and enjoy.

I apologise. First thing in the morning when I wake up I am like a wild animal. Once I've been exposed to sunlight and a cupmof tea I calm down.