What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed Bunnings Karen and a few other regulars at the CMFEU protest didn't know she was in the union.

strider

Post Whore
Wow ... propaganda in overdrive ... right wing extremists - lol .... anything to deflect from the reality that the people you are meant to represent think you are doing a f**ked job .... and of course people then lap it up

Avi is a shit stirrer of the highest order, but he is more the ambulance chaser type than anyone who starts trouble

As per usual, unions pick and choose when to represent their people.

strider

Post Whore
Just to clarify, I thought you had a problem with a post by Laureate Professor Peter Doherty from the Doherty Institute, who are the chief advisory body to the AU government, because he said that “Being fit and being young won't protect you against delta.”

I see your point ... even Doherty is a big fat cherry picker, picking of the instances of young people.

Should people pick off instances of young people with vax injuries and claim that as the reason not to vax?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So some asshole from Sydney who was under stay at home order and also tested positive decided to fly up to Ballina for the weekend and just happened to be at my pub on Sunday night.

Now I have to quarantine for 2 f**king weeks and get tested.

What is wrong with these people ?

Gronk

Staff member
I see your point ... even Doherty is a big fat cherry picker, picking of the instances of young people.

Should people pick off instances of young people with vax injuries and claim that as the reason not to vax?

I don't know. Do you think that rare adverse reactions to multiple flavours of vaccines justifies a total and emphatic stance against vaccines ? Do you think that of the 5.9 billion shots administered throughout the world, that the efficacy and importance of the vaccine rollout should be questioned ? Do you think that on balance that Prof Doherty should be encouraging vaccinations for the greater good to avoid complacency and/or hesitation ? Do you honestly think that his public responses are not carefully considered or even erroneous ?

strider

Post Whore
I don't know. Do you think that rare adverse reactions to multiple flavours of vaccines justifies a total and emphatic stance against vaccines ? Do you think that of the 5.9 billion shots administered throughout the world, that the efficacy and importance of the vaccine rollout should be questioned ? Do you think that on balance that Prof Doherty should be encouraging vaccinations for the greater good to avoid complacency and/or hesitation ? Do you honestly think that his public responses are not carefully considered or even erroneous ?
Do you think that you should be whinging about cherry picking then promoting the exact same when it suits your position?

strider

Post Whore
So some asshole from Sydney who was under stay at home order and also tested positive decided to fly up to Ballina for the weekend and just happened to be at my pub on Sunday night.

Now I have to quarantine for 2 f**king weeks and get tested.

What is wrong with these people ?
So how did that person manage to get on a plane to travel up there? Surely something should have stopped them if they had no legit reason to travel.

Gronk

Staff member
Do you think that you should be whinging about cherry picking then promoting the exact same when it suits your position?
Well you're accusing him of cherry picking, not me. Circling back, his statement is pretty broad by saying “Being fit and being young won't protect you against delta.”

And in context, who are the spreaders right now ?

1632178807307.png

strider

Post Whore
Well you're accusing him of cherry picking, not me. Circling back, his statement is pretty broad by saying “Being fit and being young won't protect you against delta.”

And in context, who are the spreaders right now ?

View attachment 54195

who is the largest percentage of the population involved in employment and such things which gives them the opportunity to get infected? ..... there's probably a fair chance they will also be the ones with the highest case numbers ..... and case numbers don't equate to illness - which I have no doubt will be flipped to be the accepted narrative once the vaccinated are set free to openly circulate the virus

re: cherry picking .... as I have said before - I think everyone does it - I'm not saying it doesn't have a place .... sure point out that younger people can get sick - thats always been the case with everything .... sure some can use that as a means to push their view if they want ..... similarly we probably shouldn't carry on when someone points out there ARE instances of vaccine injury ..... which brings us to my exact point - that YOU run around accusing people of cherry picking like its a shit thing, but you are happy to use it (via doherty) when it suits you

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So how did that person manage to get on a plane to travel up there? Surely something should have stopped them if they had no legit reason to travel.

a lot of people here asking the same question

3 LGAs in lockdown now (Tweed, Byron and Lismore) and the border closed again which affects so many families, all because of one f**kwit

And I've been swabbed, wasn't that fun

strider

Post Whore
a lot of people here asking the same question

3 LGAs in lockdown now (Tweed, Byron and Lismore) and the border closed again which affects so many families, all because of one f**kwit

And I've been swabbed, wasn't that fun
And how do you know the person is a f**kwit? ..... did they have a legit reason to travel? Or do we think there are no legit reasons?

I don't know if the world just getting incensed over every bloody thing these days. I get it sucks bad. But maybe its as much the process as anything ..... we are heading in a direct where "cases" will have to simply not matter any more. But we are still stuck in the process of a single cases f**ks up everything.

Health Minister Brad Hazzard said he understood the person travelled from Sydney to Byron “with an appropriate permit” for work and returned a negative rapid antigen test but then a positive PCR test.

Gronk

Staff member
And how do you know the person is a f**kwit? ..... did they have a legit reason to travel? Or do we think there are no legit reasons?

I don't know if the world just getting incensed over every bloody thing these days. I get it sucks bad. But maybe its as much the process as anything ..... we are heading in a direct where "cases" will have to simply not matter any more. But we are still stuck in the process of a single cases f**ks up everything.

How can you ever have a legitimate reason to travel when you have a "stay at home order and also tested positive" ?

strider

Post Whore
How can you ever have a legitimate reason to travel when you have a "stay at home order and also tested positive" ?
What is the stay at home order? On that individual? It seems not. Who said that? Do they just mean the whole of greater sydney?

When did they test positive? ... once they got there? ... says they had a negative antigen test, then a positive pcr. Are they infectious? Wonder what the cycle threshold was? Of course no one will tell you - but if it was high maybe there is less risk and a full lockdown is unnecessary.

Why are they travelling? I dont know but there ARE reasons people have to. Dying relo? Essential work? ... Sportsperson/moviestar/friend of a politician (haha joke)

People have been brainwashed into hating everyone. Only f**kwits are spreading covid hey?. Job well done nsw govt .... shoot first ask questions later

Gronk

Staff member
What is the stay at home order? On that individual? It seems not. Who said that? Do they just mean the whole of greater sydney?

When did they test positive? ... once they got there? ... says they had a negative antigen test, then a positive pcr. Are they infectious? Wonder what the cycle threshold was? Of course no one will tell you - but if it was high maybe there is less risk and a full lockdown is unnecessary.

Why are they travelling? I dont know but there ARE reasons people have to. Dying relo? Essential work? ... Sportsperson/moviestar/friend of a politician (haha joke)

People have been brainwashed into hating everyone. Only f**kwits are spreading covid hey?. Job well done nsw govt .... shoot first ask questions later
All sorted now.

Eelogical

Coach

Mate, Twizz said the person is an asshole and a f**kwit, that's good enough for me.

strider

Post Whore
All sorted now.

good constructive response

maybe its the pollies and authorities who are the f**kwits?

have we found out if the person was unvaccinated yet? ..... if so we can quadruple down on the hate - otherwise surely its all lies then

Gronk

Staff member
good constructive response

maybe its the pollies and authorities who are the f**kwits?

have we found out if the person was unvaccinated yet? ..... if so we can quadruple down on the hate - otherwise surely its all lies then
Don't yell at me. @Twizzle was my source.

Suitman

Post Whore

Do you really believe that? Brainwashed?
IMO, the NSW govt are doing what they can to stop the spread and get us back to normal asap.
Yes, f**kwits (and there are plenty of them out there) will stuff things up.
Yet, It's Glady's fault is it? Seriously?
Sure, the NSW govt have made some mistakes and some of their decisions have been a bit inconsistent, but they want to get re-elected in 2023.

Latest posts