What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Bandwagon

Staff member
TV crew for a shit reality show .... good work NSW govt ... I agree - sack the honourable idiot for health

Yep, the problem isn't the individual merkins that come here, as much as it is the pathetic reasons merkins can come here.

What we've got is a situation where certain industries are being appeased and granted exemptions on purely economic grounds, which inevitably leads to the situation we now have, which f**ks everyone here rather than the few that would've been f**ked if not for the exemptions.

It literally makes zero sense unless you're willing to take the logical leap to the conclusion that they have set up a system that is designed to inevitably fail.

hindy111

Immortal
Yep, the problem isn't the individual merkins that come here, as much as it is the pathetic reasons merkins can come here.

What we've got is a situation where certain industries are being appeased and granted exemptions on purely economic grounds, which inevitably leads to the situation we now have, which f**ks everyone here rather than the few that would've been f**ked if not for the exemptions.

It literally makes zero sense unless you're willing to take the logical leap to the conclusion that they have set up a system that is designed to inevitably fail.

Good point. The only answer is open up and let it rip. We will get to about 85% vaccine rate. We are at 82% and I think it will start to slow soon. Whoever wants it has booked one by now and had their first shot. I can't think of anyone who hasn't had a single dose that wants to get it. Maybe a few are still 50/50.

Untill they are faced with catching it and death to someone they know they aren't going to change minds.

My questions is now going into summer does this thing disappear till winter next year like the flu?

Gronk

Staff member
Good point. The only answer is open up and let it rip. We will get to about 85% vaccine rate. We are at 82% and I think it will start to slow soon. Whoever wants it has booked one by now and had their first shot. I can't think of anyone who hasn't had a single dose that wants to get it. Maybe a few are still 50/50.

Untill they are faced with catching it and death to someone they know they aren't going to change minds.

My questions is now going into summer does this thing disappear till winter next year like the flu?
Incorrect. 1st doses were up in the last 7 days and is following a trend. There is no evidence that we have hit a wall.

hindy111

Immortal
USA is getting 2,000 deaths a day. What's the stats on deaths for vaxed and ages?

A close friend was an anti vax. But she knows a friend in UK who doed. Her underlying issue was she had asthma. Nothing severe just used a puffer occasionally.

hindy111

Immortal
Incorrect. 1st doses were over 10% in the last 7 days and is following a trend. There is no evidence that we have hit a wall.

Ok thanks. That suprises me but then I understand cause when I first booked 4 weeks ago I could not get one untill October. It wasn't untill I kept refreshing and trying to find an earlier dose then one popped up. So yes it make sense many people just booked and never attempted to find earlier ones. So one would think early October.

strider

Post Whore

It was always going to drop off in summer ... that doesnt mean its not around, but people handle things better if their body is in better conditions .... and even people who get infected wouldnt know n wouldnt bother getting tested .... and how do we know if its around? Merkins getting tested

So if you are gonna let it rip summer in australia is probably the better time

hindy111

Immortal
It was always going to drop off in summer ... that doesnt mean its not around, but people handle things better if their body is in better conditions .... and even people who get infected wouldnt know n wouldnt bother getting tested .... and how do we know if its around? Merkins getting tested

So if you are gonna let it rip summer in australia is probably the better time

Once I have been vaxxed I doubt I'd bother with tests. My Dads had 2 x doses of the magic medicine. He is 78 and basically said that's it. I'm doing whatever now and if I catch it and die so be it. Done all I can.

Once I have been vaxxed I doubt I'd bother with tests. My Dads had 2 x doses of the magic medicine. He is 78 and basically said that's it. I'm doing whatever now and if I catch it and die so be it. Done all I can.
So you wouldn't care about passing it to family/customers/merkins in the shops/the poor f**ker you sit next to at Bankwest etc etc etc

hindy111

Immortal
So you wouldn't care about passing it to family/customers/merkins in the shops/the poor f**ker you sit next to at Bankwest etc etc etc

They have option of taking the magic medicine and protecting themself. What are we supposed to do? Race to doctors and isolate everytime we have a sniffle.
I am isolating and following most the rules now. I've had one dose. Once they open up and I am doubled dosed I'll live as I normally would.
Isn't that the point of the magic medicine?

strider

Post Whore
This is exactly what is going to happen ... vaccinated will just think there's no need to worry, no need to be careful, no need to get tested, etc - all good to go ..... which I think is the ironic thing about the "vaccinated can do anything" rules and the "protect us from the unvaccinated" narrative, cos I think there will be more risk of vaccinated passing it around

and thats cool - I'm not saying people shouldn't go about things - unvaccinated people need to accept they will get exposed and take whatever risk that poses ...... I just think the unvaccinated will probably be more cautious and less of a threat

hindy111

Immortal
This is exactly what is going to happen ... vaccinated will just think there's no need to worry, no need to be careful, no need to get tested, etc - all good to go ..... which I think is the ironic thing about the "vaccinated can do anything" rules and the "protect us from the unvaccinated" narrative, cos I think there will be more risk of vaccinated passing it around

and thats cool - I'm not saying people shouldn't go about things - unvaccinated people need to accept they will get exposed and take whatever risk that poses ...... I just think the unvaccinated will probably be more cautious and less of a threat

Most of the people I know who reckon it's it's load of shit( Quite a few of my cousins tbh) and don't want the medicine are disregarding the rules. Even laughing at people and labelling them as stupid for believing they need the shot. Mocked me a few times.They barely wear masks, get in people's faces and don't give a shit. You're suggesting these people will change there habits now? Why would they. They reckon it's just a cold and a load of crap. A money making exercise.

Why should I be empathetic towards them while they are laughing at everyone get the shot? No offence but I have little time for them. If they cop it stiff shit.

strider

Post Whore
Most of the people I know who reckon it's it's load of shit( Quite a few of my cousins tbh) and don't want the medicine are disregarding the rules. Even laughing at people and labelling them as stupid for believing they need the shot. Mocked me a few times.They barely wear masks, get in people's faces and don't give a shit. You're suggesting these people will change there habits now? Why would they. They reckon it's just a cold and a load of crap. A money making exercise.

Why should I be empathetic towards them while they are laughing at everyone get the shot? No offence but I have little time for them. If they cop it stiff shit.
I don't think everyone just thinks its a cold .... maybe that says something about the people you know (aka Mik)

strider

Post Whore
The other thing is - Sydney people better not get their hopes up about NSW holidays any time soon.

Cos regional NSW hasn't gone through the same coersion to get vaxed - so they are a far lower rate ..... if we are gonna stick by the "health reasons", it doesn't matter if sydney hits 70/80% when the rest of NSW is 50/60% - if sydney people go there, then they kill em all right?

Gronk

Staff member
Ok thanks. That suprises me but then I understand cause when I first booked 4 weeks ago I could not get one untill October. It wasn't untill I kept refreshing and trying to find an earlier dose then one popped up. So yes it make sense many people just booked and never attempted to find earlier ones. So one would think early October.
The booking system for vax is shit. Most people are getting vaxxed via the GP system by just asking if they have any.

Gronk

Staff member
The other thing is - Sydney people better not get their hopes up about NSW holidays any time soon.

Cos regional NSW hasn't gone through the same coersion to get vaxed - so they are a far lower rate ..... if we are gonna stick by the "health reasons", it doesn't matter if sydney hits 70/80% when the rest of NSW is 50/60% - if sydney people go there, then they kill em all right?
You sure about that ? Most areas of NSW are above 70% for first dose.

Latest posts