What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

eels_fan

Bench
one of my mates in Melbourne got the Pfizer on Saturday. He is first grade state league soccer player, fittest and healthiest bloke i know, and only 27.

He was absolutely against getting vaxxed, but his wife got given a fantastic job opp in Europe so he felt he had to do it.

within 30min of the jab he was rushed to hospital with heart issues. He was not the first person that day to be rushed in post-jab to that one hospital in Melbourne. So this 6 in a 1,000,000 have a serious reaction argument the govt is throwing out their is BS.

25,000 got jabbed on Saturday in VIC - so assuming no other people in the state had reactions (probability zero, but we'll run with it) thats almost 1 in 4,000 looking at the cross section.

He was in hospital for 3 days, is on serious case of medication after the first lot didn't work, is not allowed to fly for an unspecified period of time, cannot exercise, cannot work with daily testing occurring. They cant tell him when or if he will be able to return to normal life as he knew it before 10am on Saturday.

He thought he was going to have a heart attack trying to get down the fire stairs of his apartment this morning when the earthquake was shaking the shit out of the building.

Last edited by a moderator:

strider

Post Whore
@strider

I am sure you have answered this before (just can't be f**ked going through the whole thread)

Have you had the Vaccine?

If not do you plan to get it? If you do; what is the catalyst for doing so?
without reliving everything in the past 1000 pages

- no i'm not
- I don't plan to ... but I never say never in life
- I have tended to live by a, don't take any medications unless you have to motto
- I think this thing is rushed
- I think there is an incredible amount of shenanigans going on suppressing treatments (no its not all misinformation, thats just propaganda talk)
- I think its awful that this has got to the point where people are forced for their livelihood .... I am very lucky I have a job which will make it a legal minefield for my employer to force me - I just won't be in the office
- I think its nuts to mandate vax everyone when its quite clear its not a significant risk to large numbers of people
- I believe in natural immunity ... never had a flu vax in my life - better off getting the flu occaissionally .... i know this aint the flu ... I think you harm you body's natural ability to handle illness if you contstantly take stuff to suppress your body's natural way of handling things
- I actually suspect I had the rona ... had a completely unexplained case of shingles accompanied by being quite ill (which made me think, fmd shingles makes you really f'n sick - in hind sight not sure the bad part was shingles)
- so given i think i had it, then I don't think I need a vax and am prepared to see how I go (and I honestly don't know for sure - and have no doubt dr would laugh at me cos he'd be in everyone needs a vax mode)
- I am prepared to be treated like a piece of shit for the time being .... we will see where the govt takes it I guess

ps: no need to reply and try and discredit individual points gronk - we've been over it a million times before - I'm just responding to someone who asked specifically

hindy111

Immortal

- no i'm not
- I have tended to live by a, don't take any medications unless you have to motto
- I think there is an incredible amount of shenanigans going on suppressing treatments (no its not all misinformation, thats just propaganda talk)
- I think its awful that this has got to the point where people are forced for their livelihood .... I am very lucky I have a job which will make it a legal minefield for my employer to force me - I just won't be in the office
- I think its nuts to mandate vax everyone when its quite clear its not a significant risk to large numbers of people
- I believe in natural immunity ... never had a flu vax in my life - better off getting the flu occaissionally .... i know this aint the flu ... I think you harm you body's natural ability to handle illness if you contstantly take stuff to suppress your body's natural way of handling things
- I actually suspect I had the rona ... had a completely unexplained case of shingles accompanied by being quite ill (which made me think, fmd shingles makes you really f'n sick - in hind sight not sure the bad part was shingles)
- so given i think i had it, then I don't think I need a vax and am prepared to see how I go (and I honestly don't know for sure - and have no doubt dr would laugh at me cos he'd be in everyone needs a vax mode)
- I am prepared to be treated like a piece of shit for the time being .... we will see where the govt takes it I guess

ps: no need to reply and try and discredit individual points gronk - we've been over it a million times before - I'm just responding to someone who asked specifically

I might cancel my 2nd dose. I could sell up and build a cabin in the woods. Unsure what I am even bothering with Sydney for.

Noise

Coach
I might cancel my 2nd dose. I could sell up and build a cabin in the woods. Unsure what I am even bothering with Sydney for.
Don’t cancel a second dose because you read some story about a guys friend on a footy forum. Speak to a medical professional.

For what it’s worth (absolutely nothing) I had my second Pfizer this morning and am absolutely fine. My arms not even sore this time. But again speak to a medical professional not random merkins like me on an Internet forum.

Gronk

Staff member

- no i'm not

I've never questioned your right to choose or that I wouldn't respect it.

Kornstar

Coach
My mate from up there in the health industry reckons she was still breaking rules...Apparently the work permit you are given still includes a stay at home order. You're Sydney rules (stay at home order) follow you. You are allowed to go to work but then must go home...not have a session at the pub

Yep, all the resources we have travelling all over NSW for the hubs and clinics are on stay at home orders. Those were the rules that were given.

Ok thanks. That suprises me but then I understand cause when I first booked 4 weeks ago I could not get one untill October. It wasn't untill I kept refreshing and trying to find an earlier dose then one popped up. So yes it make sense many people just booked and never attempted to find earlier ones. So one would think early October.

We had too many vaccination systems to book with and also limited doses available and it is a juggling act. With more doses being acquired, therefore new slots opening up the pressure has eased.

The other thing is - Sydney people better not get their hopes up about NSW holidays any time soon.

Cos regional NSW hasn't gone through the same coersion to get vaxed - so they are a far lower rate ..... if we are gonna stick by the "health reasons", it doesn't matter if sydney hits 70/80% when the rest of NSW is 50/60% - if sydney people go there, then they kill em all right?

We are opening up clinics left, right and centre for regional now that the redirection of doses isn't as necessary. There have even been drive through clinics. It is a focus and they have not been forgotten about. I would suggest the bigger issue is the "it is all bullshit" crowd just won't want the vaccination.

The booking system for vax is shit. Most people are getting vaxxed via the GP system by just asking if they have any.

From this week onwards it should be much easier to use the system as there are now 2 (one small one only for Olympic Park, not Qudos) and the other for the rest of the state.

The system is much better, much more user friendly.

I agree though to was very silly to have so many systems and there are reasons that aren't really state governments faults but they will be blamed anyways.

Don't be silly, i had my second dose on Sunday and i have not had one side effect and i have a leaky valve in my heart. As Noise said, speak to a Dr, not someone on an internet forum who has form on the board about the vaccination.

strider

Post Whore
yeah don't cancel it just based on what you read here .... I'd say talk to a Dr - tho there is little doubt what they would tell you

Suitman

Post Whore
Serious question.
@strider RUOK?

You appear to have become more uptight and more anti and even more argumentative over the past month or so. Even to the point of last night's "everyone's brainwashed rant" and today's "no one should expect to go on holidays anytime soon because all us Sydneysiders will kill all the country folk" rant.

Just checking in to see if you are ok, that's all. Not a criticism, nor a judgement.
We have history mate and like you, I live on my own. I know how freakin tough it is. I'm hating it atm as well.
It just sounds like things are getting you down so I am reaching out.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Sydney woman charged with multiple COVID-19 breaches after Byron Bay trip​

By 9News Staff
11:49am Sep 22, 2021

A woman from Sydney's eastern suburbs has been charged over multiple alleged COVID-19 breaches on a trip to the state's north.
The 31-year-old woman had been granted an exemption to travel to the Tweed-Byron Bay area for work-related reasons only.
However, police alleged she visited several businesses and venues in Byron Bay and Kingscliff over the weekend, breaching her exemption.

LIVE UPDATES: NSW working on 80 per cent vaccination roadmap
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F742bf48b-5a1c-47e8-ad8b-ce0616074662
A Sydney woman has been charged after a visit to Byron Bay. (PETER BRAIG )
READ MORE: No serious injuries reported as earthquake rattles Victoria
She allegedly also failed to check in at those locations with QR codes.
The Rushcutters Bay woman was issued with a court attendance notice on five counts of failing to comply with an electronic registration device.

Premier Gladys Berejiklian welcomed the charges.
"That person did the wrong thing," she said.
"The system worked. It was people doing the wrong thing, and I'm really glad police have charged them."
The woman is believed to have been working with the reality television show, I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
She is set to appear before court in Tweed Heads on November 8.
Inquiries are continuing.

IFR33K

Coach
This is exactly what is going to happen ... vaccinated will just think there's no need to worry, no need to be careful, no need to get tested, etc - all good to go ..... which I think is the ironic thing about the "vaccinated can do anything" rules and the "protect us from the unvaccinated" narrative, cos I think there will be more risk of vaccinated passing it around

and thats cool - I'm not saying people shouldn't go about things - unvaccinated people need to accept they will get exposed and take whatever risk that poses ...... I just think the unvaccinated will probably be more cautious and less of a threat

yep. The unvaxxed will remain cautious and vaxxed will be out in the community thinking they’re invincible. But unfortunately it’ll spread like wild fire because of this. Some people will die and some won’t, vaxxed or not.

hindy111

Immortal
yep. The unvaxxed will remain cautious and vaxxed will be out in the community thinking they’re invincible. But unfortunately it’ll spread like wild fire because of this. Some people will die and some won’t, vaxxed or not.

I've had one dose and already feel invisible. I told some tatted up gym junkie to f**k off last week in the bunnings car park.

Last edited:

hindy111

Immortal

Sydney woman charged with multiple COVID-19 breaches after Byron Bay trip​

By 9News Staff
11:49am Sep 22, 2021

A woman from Sydney's eastern suburbs has been charged over multiple alleged COVID-19 breaches on a trip to the state's north.
The 31-year-old woman had been granted an exemption to travel to the Tweed-Byron Bay area for work-related reasons only.
However, police alleged she visited several businesses and venues in Byron Bay and Kingscliff over the weekend, breaching her exemption.

LIVE UPDATES: NSW working on 80 per cent vaccination roadmap
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F742bf48b-5a1c-47e8-ad8b-ce0616074662
A Sydney woman has been charged after a visit to Byron Bay. (PETER BRAIG )
READ MORE: No serious injuries reported as earthquake rattles Victoria
She allegedly also failed to check in at those locations with QR codes.
The Rushcutters Bay woman was issued with a court attendance notice on five counts of failing to comply with an electronic registration device.

Premier Gladys Berejiklian welcomed the charges.
"That person did the wrong thing," she said.
"The system worked. It was people doing the wrong thing, and I'm really glad police have charged them."
The woman is believed to have been working with the reality television show, I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
She is set to appear before court in Tweed Heads on November 8.
Inquiries are continuing.

From Gronks way. Self entitled bitch.

eels_fan

Bench
I'm just sharing a personal story. I am not for one minute telling you not to continue with your jab or path.

I just thinks its important that the good and bad are both heard. My parents have had both and other than a sore arm and flu symptoms on day 2 after the first shot they are perfectly fine.

I don't have any intention of discouraging people from getting the vax. I am 100% pro-choice. Do what is best for you with health advice, and importantly with full knowledge of all info available to you.

hindy111

Immortal
I'm just sharing a personal story. I am not for one minute telling you not to continue with your jab or path.

I just thinks its important that the good and bad are both heard. My parents have had both and other than a sore arm and flu symptoms on day 2 after the first shot they are perfectly fine.

I don't have any intention of discouraging people from getting the vax. I am 100% pro-choice. Do what is best for you with health advice, and importantly with full knowledge of all info available to you.

I get all my information here tho. I don’t watch a lot of TV. And don't like the news.

Latest posts