What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Bandwagon

Staff member
rebel news is actually canadian as far as i am aware - but yeah yemeni is the face of it in australia .... and i have commented before that i think he is the ambulance chaser type

but anyway, i don't really give a crap who's channel it is - reality is there is a huge police presence with a road block stopping people going into a f**king shopping centre .... and it doesn't look like anything much to justify it .... I searched for other news sources to try and explain it - couldn't see anything

do we think road blocks at shopping centres are the new normal? ..... trying to recall the last time the police questioned me driving into my local woolies - I must have a bad memory cos I can't recall

I'm gonna guess the cops got some exceptionally bad intel that something was going on - and instead of watching to see, they decided that making a massive song and dance was better ...... better to harrass everyone just going about their lives after 3 months of being locked up - that cant be a bad thing for anyone's general wellbeing can it

meanwhile out east ... hello young maskless ladies with the nice boobies
He's more than an ambulance chaser, he's an extremist. And yeah, it's his channel here in Aus. As for what was going on there mate because I'm well aware of the kind of bullshit stunts Yemeni does for so called news, I wouldn't take anything he has his fingers in at face value.

Guaranteed that is done and edited in a manner to exaggerate the story they want to tell, which is to foment discontent and push merkins towards their ideologies.

I give these merkins zero trust, as they have zero credibility.

strider

Post Whore
He's more than an ambulance chaser, he's an extremist. And yeah, it's his channel here in Aus. As for what was going on there mate because I'm well aware of the kind of bullshit stunts Yemeni does for so called news, I wouldn't take anything he has his fingers in at face value.

Guaranteed that is done and edited in a manner to exaggerate the story they want to tell, which is to foment discontent and push merkins towards their ideologies.

I give these merkins zero trust, as they have zero credibility.
ok - police road blocks going in and out of shopping centres is normal .... good to know

Bandwagon

Staff member
ok - police road blocks going in and out of shopping centres is normal .... good to know

Well, that's a solid shit take of what I posted there mate, well done.

What you have there is one angle of what's happening, from a particularly unreliable source, all I'm saying is I wouldn't be taking it at face value, and I wouldn't consider it evidence of anything much.

Forgive me for not buying into right wing extremist fringe media opinion.

strider

Post Whore
Well, that's a solid shit take of what I posted there mate, well done.

What you have there is one angle of what's happening, from a particularly unreliable source, all I'm saying is I wouldn't be taking it at face value, and I wouldn't consider it evidence of anything much.

Forgive me for not buying into right wing extremist fringe media opinion.
what do you think is the correct angle? ..... are the police letting them know the specials are in isle 5 maybe?

Bandwagon

Staff member
what do you think is the correct angle? ..... are the police letting them know the specials are in isle 5 maybe?

The "correct" angle would contain the context of why they are there and what exactly they were doing.

But you aint gonna be getting that straight from those merkins.

Why would a bloke who volunteered for the IDF suddenly be all concerned at the policing of Arabs mate?

Bandwagon

Staff member
Ok, so five minutes on google and you find stories like................

........... and we get a bit of a different picture, it's an operation in response to reports of planned protests, and of course Yemeni's crew are there, as they have been in all these protests. It's not the everyday occurrence they're trying to paint it as, it's a one off in response to these f**king cooked units and their bullshit.

Colour me surprised............

Bandwagon

Staff member

Edit: Story from above link....

Sydney anti-lockdown protest: 32 arrests during massive police operation​

Police have arrested anti-lockdown protesters at ‘Freedom Day’ rallies across NSW on Saturday, as violence erupted at marches in Melbourne.

Linda Silmalis, Anton Rose and Liana Boss

3 min read
September 18, 2021 - 6:36PM
The Saturday Telegraph
59 comments

NOW PLAYING
Resume

Policing strategies disrupt planned lockdown protests in Sydney
2:27
UP NEXT

Policing strategies disrupt planned lockdown protests in Sydney.

NSW Coronavirus News

Don't miss out on the headlines from NSW Coronavirus News. Followed categories will be added to My News.

Despite fears thousands would again clash with police in protest over Sydney’s lockdown restrictions, a reduced number of protesters attended as ‘Freedom Day’ rallies fizzled out on Saturday.
A mega police presence around the two locations thwarted potentially violent scenes officers have already been twice faced with, as some protesters reportedly went home after being greeted by a wave of blue at the planned rallies.
A total of 32 people were arrested across the state, with 20 in Sydney, as police handed out 265 penalty infringement notices to protesters.
“If you look at today’s results our actions have been very professional and well received by the public,” Deputy Commissioner Peter Thurtell said.

A protester is arrested near Main Beach, Byron Bay after a freedom protest moved from the courthouse to the beachfront on Saturday. Picture: Liana Boss
A woman was detained and searched by police at Bass Hill Shopping Plaza. Picture: NCA NewsWire/Jeremy Piper

A woman was detained and searched by police at Bass Hill Shopping Plaza. Picture: NCA NewsWire/Jeremy Piper

An anti-lockdown protester at Sydney Park is led away by police. Picture: Sam Ruttyn
Some of the other arrests and fines stem from a protest of a about 100 people in Byron Bay, who took to the streets around the same time.
One protester — Zol Straub — said he travelled to Byron from Yamba because he was concerned about what he claimed was a “fear campaign” and “deprivation of liberties”.
It was a stark contrast to the wild scenes in Melbourne as hundreds engaged in brawls with police, who used pepper spray to hold back violent crowds trying to access several points around the CBD.

Police arrest a protester in Melbourne. Picture: Darrian Traynor/Getty
Protesters there broke through police lines, leading to multiple violent confrontations which saw one officer hit in the face with a bottle as a man drove at him with an umbrella.
MELBOURNE: Police make arrests as protesters breach restrictions

About 1500 officers in Sydney had swarmed on Sydney Park and Bass Hill Plaza as organisers revealed the locations on encrypted group chats an hour before their 12pm start time.
Police deployed roadblocks and several checkpoints, stopping hundreds of motorists around the Sydney Park location before some attempted to outwit them by using a live traffic app.
The protesters were communicating to each other about potential police movements as seen on traffic monitoring app “Waze” as they attempted to reconvene at the Bass Hill shopping centre.
Others, according to their online group chat, were reportedly driving around the proposed rally sites and reporting back the location of roadblocks and police numbers in the area.
“Bring your friends and arrive early. Blend in. Be ready to join the crowd,” organisers of the World Wide Rally For Freedom told protesters.
A roadblock in Annandale as part of a police action to stop a Freedom Rally planned for Sydney Park. Picture: Tim Hunter

A roadblock in Annandale as part of a police action to stop a Freedom Rally planned for Sydney Park. Picture: Tim Hunter
Glebe motorists warned about the mass rally being planned and the police operation in place. Picture: Tim Hunter.

Glebe motorists warned about the mass rally being planned and the police operation in place. Picture: Tim Hunter.
Police are out in force in Rozelle to stop planned marches. Picture: Julian Andrews

Police are out in force in Rozelle to stop planned marches. Picture: Julian Andrews
Police traffic roadblock in Rozelle. Picture: Julian Andrews

Police traffic roadblock in Rozelle. Picture: Julian Andrews

Traffic banked up in Annandale as police try to prevent protesters from joining the “Freedom Rally”. Picture: Julian Andrews
Some on the encrypted chats told others to pretend they were “just going to Woolies” at Bass Hill Plaza but when they arrived many reported they were going home because no one showed up.

strider

Post Whore
In my post above I said ...

I'm gonna guess the cops got some exceptionally bad intel that something was going on - and instead of watching to see, they decided that making a massive song and dance was better ...... better to harrass everyone just going about their lives after 3 months of being locked up - that cant be a bad thing for anyone's general wellbeing can it

So yeah, I assumed they were doing something based on info ... but as I said, harassing the shit out of everyone is hardly a great thing to do to every f**ker who's been locked up for 3 months going to a shopping centre. They arrested one person - who IS in the video, so they aren't hiding that in the video right?

Cool - fair enough - we will assume it was all justified. I stand corrected. Hopefully no protets planned this weekend so they can spend their time perusing all the chicks at the beach instead - at least people are actually allowed to gather at the beach now as opposed to when that photo was taken when they were just letting everyone do whatever the hell they wanted.

Bandwagon

Staff member
In my post above I said ...

So yeah, I assumed they were doing something based on info ... but as I said, harassing the shit out of everyone is hardly a great thing to do to every f**ker who's been locked up for 3 months going to a shopping centre. They arrested one person - who IS in the video, so they aren't hiding that in the video right?

Cool - fair enough - we will assume it was all justified. I stand corrected. Hopefully no protets planned this weekend so they can spend their time perusing all the chicks at the beach instead - at least people are actually allowed to gather at the beach now as opposed to when that photo was taken when they were just letting everyone do whatever the hell they wanted.

There were a few merkins in that video that you could tell were part of the anti vax / lockdown / whatever merkins, they weren't there to shop, and Rebel news has plenty of form as painting them as some kind of Australian version of the US right's "patriots", the I got harassed three times and i didn't do nothin' bloke, the chick they arrested, etc.

Those merkins were there for whatever gathering they'd decided to give a miss on account of the police presence, which obviously is why the very large and very visible presence.

There's no doubt the people of the south west and west got a bum deal, and i don't for a moment dispute the policing is different between the East and the West, but the solution is not these merkins. Unless of course you'd like to see the kind of division we see coming out of the US, because that's what these merkins are looking to encourage.

IFR33K

Coach
The "correct" angle would contain the context of why they are there and what exactly they were doing.

But you aint gonna be getting that straight from those merkins.

Why would a bloke who volunteered for the IDF suddenly be all concerned at the policing of Arabs mate?

Wow dude don’t hold back with your racist comments you dumb f^*k

IFR33K

Coach
Someone's got their panties in a twist.

Care to point out the racism there, or would you prefer not to be shown to be the foolish infantile little man you are? ( again )

I don’t know mate, I thought all the people in the video were Australian, living under the same laws and rules as other Australians in the eastern suburbs, northern beaches and north west. But feel free to throw comments from behind your keyboard as policing those Arabs, like they are a flock of sheep or a pack of dogs.

strider

Post Whore
There were a few merkins in that video that you could tell were part of the anti vax / lockdown / whatever merkins, they weren't there to shop, and Rebel news has plenty of form as painting them as some kind of Australian version of the US right's "patriots", the I got harassed three times and i didn't do nothin' bloke, the chick they arrested, etc.

Those merkins were there for whatever gathering they'd decided to give a miss on account of the police presence, which obviously is why the very large and very visible presence.

There's no doubt the people of the south west and west got a bum deal, and i don't for a moment dispute the policing is different between the East and the West, but the solution is not these merkins. Unless of course you'd like to see the kind of division we see coming out of the US, because that's what these merkins are looking to encourage.
mate they already created the great divide - there's no need for avi's mate to make videos to reinforce it

and when hazard basically said it's cool for thousands to sunbathe on the beaches a few weeks ago, which was against the rules of the time (though I agree with him its probably just fine), it just enforces the mindset of those who put the divide in place

putting a roadblock on a f**king shopping centre is just dumb - you are going to harass every poor merkin trying to go about their normal life, who's nerves hve been frayed for months, for the sake of trying to catch a handful of people going against what you told em to do ... but they give no shits at the moment cos its all just about having the upper hand and trying to point out the "evil ones" who are angry at them

and if you are gonna start playing spot the protestor in those interviews, then I reckon you are walking a fine line of profiling

IFR33K

Coach
mate they already created the great divide - there's no need for avi's mate to make videos to reinforce it

and when hazard basically said it's cool for thousands to sunbathe on the beaches a few weeks ago, which was against the rules of the time (though I agree with him its probably just fine), it just enforces the mindset of those who put the divide in place

putting a roadblock on a f**king shopping centre is just dumb - you are going to harass every poor merkin trying to go about their normal life, who's nerves hve been frayed for months, for the sake of trying to catch a handful of people going against what you told em to do ... but they give no shits at the moment cos its all just about having the upper hand and trying to point out the "evil ones" who are angry at them

and if you are gonna start playing spot the protestor in those interviews, then I reckon you are walking a fine line of profiling

It’s ok mate. They were only Arabs

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don’t know mate, I thought all the people in the video were Australian, living under the same laws and rules as other Australians in the eastern suburbs, northern beaches and north west. But feel free to throw comments from behind your keyboard as policing those Arabs, like they are a flock of sheep or a pack of dogs.

Ah, I see it's your complete lack of comprehension and Ignorance of the facts and context that has led to this little tanty.

What's most amusing, is that you post support for a video from Yemini's organisation, then because I point out the obvious contradiction going on there you call me a racist. Pathetic.

If you want to get all outraged and shit over racism let's examine a few facts here, then maybe you can be man enough to apologise for being such a dumb twat.

Fact: The video in question raises the assertion that the police are racial profiling Arabic people.

Fact: On at least two occasions religion, with the inference obviously being Islam is brought into the conversation in the same manner, IE linking Muslims and Arabic people as the reason for profiling and the extended police presence.

Fact: Yemini ( the self proclaimed Ozraeli ) did his tour in the Israeli Defence force ( IDF ), and has claimed to have been a sniper.

Fact: The IDF are not exactly known for their even handed policing of the Arabic Muslim population of Israel and of course Palestine

Fact: Yemini is on record over quite a few years as being an extreme right wing merkin with a heavy anti Islam agenda.

On Yemeni's "colourful" past

Here's a google search worth of results, you'll find plenty of Yemini's anti Islam tirades if you care to look.

Edit: forgot link.

So, you got to ask yourself, why would this bloke be producing a video defending people of Arabic Muslim descent with the angle of them being victimised by police, when it's literally something he's spent a good part of his life advocating the exact opposite?

What gives there mate?

But yeah, you literally supported the posting of his content, and when I point out what a piece of shit he is, you're so looking for a fight you have the temerity to throw the accusation of racist at me?

How f**king dumb do feel now dickhead.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Staff member

These merkins have been pushing the divide for years, see my response to numbnuts above.

As for "profiling", f**king lolz mate, you've got a bloke or two there literally talking about protesting, you've got a bloke there who was "harassed" three times but claims to not know why, and you've got a chick there that was literally detained and pretends she's all "I don't know what this is about".

FMD, how dumb do these merkins think people are.............

strider

Post Whore
These merkins have been pushing the divide for years, see my response to numbnuts above.

As for "profiling", f**king lolz mate, you've got a bloke or two there literally talking about protesting, you've got a bloke there who was "harassed" three times but claims to not know why, and you've got a chick there that was literally detained and pretends she's all "I don't know what this is about".

FMD, how dumb do these merkins think people are.............
so its cool to send in a hundred cops and the riot squad to annoy the f**k out of everyone for the sake of making a point about a handful of people resisting you

I realise you don't get it cos you are not living it, but pretty much the only "outing" people have been allowed to have for the last 3 months is the joy of going and doing your f**king grocery shopping ... seriously, this is the level shit has got to - going to woolies is your f**king fun for the week!! - I know it cos I'm living it - and I've seen others state it here aswell ..... to rock up and be confronted by the full force of the law isn't gonna be much fun ..... the dumb pricks need to figure out a bit of f**king tact and learn when they are only gonna make the situation worse

and its not about f**king Avi ...... so stop obessing over the fact its a rebel news video

IFR33K

Coach
Ah, I see it's your complete lack of comprehension and Ignorance of the facts and context that has led to this little tanty.

What's most amusing, is that you post support for a video from Yemini's organisation, then because I point out the obvious contradiction going on there you call me a racist. Pathetic.

If you want to get all outraged and shit over racism let's examine a few facts here, then maybe you can be man enough to apologise for being such a dumb twat.

Fact: The video in question raises the assertion that the police are racial profiling Arabic people.

Fact: On at least two occasions religion, with the inference obviously being Islam is brought into the conversation in the same manner, IE linking Muslims and Arabic people as the reason for profiling and the extended police presence.

Fact: Yemini ( the self proclaimed Ozraeli ) did his tour in the Israeli Defence force ( IDF ), and has claimed to have been a sniper.

Fact: The IDF are not exactly known for their even handed policing of the Arabic Muslim population of Israel and of course Palestine

Fact: Yemini is on record over quite a few years as being an extreme right wing merkin with a heavy anti Islam agenda.

On Yemeni's "colourful" past

Here's a google search worth of results, you'll find plenty of Yemini's anti Islam tirades if you care to look.

Edit: forgot link.

So, you got to ask yourself, why would this bloke be producing a video defending people of Arabic Muslim descent with the angle of them being victimised by police, when it's literally something he's spent a good part of his life advocating the exact opposite?

What gives there mate?

But yeah, you literally supported the posting of his content, and when I point out what a piece of shit he is, you're so looking for a fight you have the temerity to throw the accusation of racist at me?

How f**king dumb do feel now dickhead.

Where have I posted support of this video? 😂all I said I haven’t noticed drones in the area but helicopters are consistently hovering above us.

Listen hear you little f**k, if you feel so tough come down to bass hill and throw your comments around like you are here.

I need to ask the prerequisites for being a mod here on a footy forum? Because one of them isn’t to have much footy knowledge at all. Maybe it’s being a total and utter f^*kwit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts