What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

eels_fan

First Grade
Hopefully our herd immunity will keep you safe. 👍
I'm not in NSW, just happy for the conscious objectors there.

I'm sure when the same occurs in QLD, my own immune system will do its best to fight it, providing me with any natural antibodies I require moving forward.

So did they say what they are planing to do with testing/tracking/isolating/etc? - all out the door?
I'd read this has essentially been useless or too far behind when there are more than 200 active cases per day - taking 13 days to trace contacts, by which time almost their full isolation period had finished without them knowing to isolate. (Probably why cops were so active checking people were only out for essentials etc in areas where track and trace had failed due to high case numbers?)

But if the cases keep dropping and get below a rate of 200 new again (where they should have stayed, if only Gladys bad locked down the east in late June/July), then I'd imagine test and trace and isolate are back again as key tools to keep a lid on things in the future. I think it's terrible Gladys is getting away with so many f**k-ups (Ruby Princess and onward) and people seem to believe her teflon spin.

Noise

Coach
So did they say what they are planing to do with testing/tracking/isolating/etc? - all out the door?
I am also interested to know what's going to happen with all that. Good luck getting to people to test and isolate unless they feel really sick.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I’m not so sure. There’d be a considerable cohort who got the jab for the sole reason of getting out of lockdown and going to the pub. If they’re going to be able to do that anyway in 6 weeks then I’m not sure they’ll bother if they weren’t particularly sold on getting the jab in the first place.

I don't reckon that'd be all that large TBH, there'd likely be some, I suspect there would have been anyways.

I think the carrot works for those that might have been wavering, but once you're half way there you might as well keep going, it's free, and the appointment's already booked for most. So it aint a real hassle.

Those that are anti-vax weren't going with it anyways, the longer they might have been locked out, the more the determination might waiver. I don't know that we'd gotten to that point for most yet though.

As I pointed out before, these merkins make a lot of noise, but there isn't really that many of them as far as percentages go.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Have they found any more cases in Northern NSW they can attribute to the get me out of here lady?

I don't believe so, least there hasn't been any I've heard of.

We've been awfully lucky as far as transmissions from cases goes, I have no idea as to why that might be.

Could be all the crystals.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I am also interested to know what's going to happen with all that. Good luck getting to people to test and isolate unless they feel really sick.

Once we open we'll start to see loads more cases, more merkins end up in hospital, and more merkins dying. Test and trace will be near pointless.

Though we'll probably see things like individual schools or workplaces being locked down with isolation and testing being mandatory in those cases.

hindy111

Immortal
I don't reckon that'd be all that large TBH, there'd likely be some, I suspect there would have been anyways.

I think the carrot works for those that might have been wavering, but once you're half way there you might as well keep going, it's free, and the appointment's already booked for most. So it aint a real hassle.

Those that are anti-vax weren't going with it anyways, the longer they might have been locked out, the more the determination might waiver. I don't know that we'd gotten to that point for most yet though.

As I pointed out before, these merkins make a lot of noise, but there isn't really that many of them as far as percentages go.

I know atleast 10 anti vaxers and a girl I've been out with a few times recently is an anti vaxer.

Happy MEel

First Grade

I think the inability to go out with mates, see family, go to pubs/shops etc. when everyone else around them could, would have been a much bigger incentive than just the length of time in lockdown. We’ll never know now how much of an incentive. At the very least they should have held off announcing the 3rd stage of the road map until mid November if that’s the date they wanted. There is nothing to be gained by announcing it now. Gladys f**ked this one right up.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think the inability to go out with mates, see family, go to pubs/shops etc. when everyone else around them could, would have been a much bigger incentive than just the length of time in lockdown. We’ll never know now how much of an incentive. At the very least they should have held off announcing the 3rd stage of the road map until mid November if that’s the date they wanted. There is nothing to be gained by announcing it now. Gladys f**ked this one right up.

I agree on the announcement, but by the same token I'd reckon merkins that just go "aw f**k it I'm done" are just as likely to be the same merkin's who'll just ignore it anyways knowing the chances of having an issue are probs near zero.

Apart from maybe joining their mates at the pub or club.

They're the same kinda merkins who'd have claimed " I got me a zemption mate " over mask mandates.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
I agree on the announcement, but by the same token I'd reckon merkins that just go "aw f**k it I'm done" are just as likely to be the same merkin's who'll just ignore it anyways knowing the chances of having an issue are probs near zero.

Apart from maybe joining their mates at the pub or club.

They're the same kinda merkins who'd have claimed " I got me a zemption mate " over mask mandates.
If this thing goes for much longer 'zemption' will be a new word in the dictionary.

Kornstar

Coach
I guess the logic and therefore incentive to get vaccinated after 1 December will be if/when their friends and family get the virus and are really sick/die or if the person themselves gets sick?

I'm vaccinated and everyone i know if vaccinated so i am not really concerned with anything else to be honest, each to their own i can't control and don't want to control what others do.

No matter what happens, it certainly is going to be entertaining watching the meltdowns left, right and centre all over the place over the coming months........