What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

hindy111

Immortal
I guess the logic and therefore incentive to get vaccinated after 1 December will be if/when their friends and family get the virus and are really sick/die or if the person themselves gets sick?

I'm vaccinated and everyone i know if vaccinated so i am not really concerned with anything else to be honest, each to their own i can't control and don't want to control what others do.

No matter what happens, it certainly is going to be entertaining watching the meltdowns left, right and centre all over the place over the coming months........

I didn't get the shot for freedom day. More for work. But also knowing once we open the virus will rip. Yes being my age, strong like a bull and fit means I probably wouldn't die. But who knows how my body would react. It would be a nervous few days if infected that's for sure.
I also know of someone in 30s who died who was healthy but had underlying issues which was mild asthma. Nothing that serious.

strider

Post Whore
Expert professor lady on ch 9 news, who they have had on regularly giving covid opinions, calling for NRL grand final to not go ahead due to a case in Brisbane.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Expert professor lady on ch 9 news, who they have had on regularly giving covid opinions, calling for NRL grand final to not go ahead due to a case in Brisbane.

yeh, 1 case, but AP does tend to overreact a bit, if there are any more in the community in the next few days, she may not let crowds in but the game can still go ahead

strider

Post Whore
I like the way the victorian police "stop" a truckie blockade by parking their police cars across 3 lanes of the freeway while talking to truckies parked in the breakdown lane. Theres only one group of people blocking traffic atm and they aint in trucks lol

strider

Post Whore
yeh, 1 case, but AP does tend to overreact a bit, if there are any more in the community in the next few days, she may not let crowds in but the game can still go ahead
Townsville ... might be bad luck for Brisbane merkins

Maybe its time for the chain dragging queenslanders to be "convinced" to get vaccinated in a hurry

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Townsville ... might be bad luck for Brisbane merkins

Maybe its time for the chain dragging queenslanders to be "convinced" to get vaccinated in a hurry

they simply haven't had the vaccines, the one's that were available were all diverted to the hotspots mainly in Sydney and AP had a big whinge that there wasn't any getting into Qld

Supply and demand and all that, makes sense to me, Sydney needed then more, but she has plenty now

Gronk

Staff member
I heard this morning on the ABC that the 1 Dec 2021 is a guestimate and the trigger for absolute mixing of vaxed / unvaxed is 90% double vaxed. Is this T/F ? I can't seem to see it anywhere.

I heard this morning on the ABC that the 1 Dec 2021 is a guestimate and the trigger for absolute mixing of vaxed / unvaxed is 90% double vaxed. Is this T/F ? I can't seem to see it anywhere.
The amount of misinformation/misinterpreting of the 'Roadmap' I heard last night and this morning is pissing me off no end. There's zero reference to 90% in any of the fact sheets or press releases

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Heard the same thing this morning. From what I heard the December 1 is a lock but we'll see, things can change so quickly

A lot of chat on Twitter about it but nothing from official sources

Kornstar

Coach
I didn't get the shot for freedom day. More for work. But also knowing once we open the virus will rip. Yes being my age, strong like a bull and fit means I probably wouldn't die. But who knows how my body would react. It would be a nervous few days if infected that's for sure.
I also know of someone in 30s who died who was healthy but had underlying issues which was mild asthma. Nothing that serious.

I think the lottery on getting the virus and if it does nothing OR kills you is probably the reason for the panic of governments.

My wife and daughter have asthma and are both vaccinated (well my daughter has her first dose so far) and the reason my wife wanted them both to be vaccinated was because of asthma.

But much like anything in life, people will make their own choices based on the risk to them and their family and from 1 December they seemingly absolutely have that choice.

Latest posts