What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Kornstar

Coach
just FYI, asthmatics do much better if infected with the 'rona, than non asthmatics, was posted here about 6 months ago

Funnily enough, i said it was my wife's reason, i never said i agreed with it :)

I just didn't feel strongly enough either way to argue with her.

strider

Post Whore
Dr been also questions the TGA in their banning of ivermectin .... both he and Dr stuffed dog (posted a while back) find the reasoning used by the TGA extremely puzzling .... he also calls it "very sad" that health authorities would be poo-pooing things that could be helpful cos there are people that are actually sick regardless of anything else going on .... The video below is positioned at the time he talks about it

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What is wrong with you lungs?

pseudomonas influenzae, scarring from a chest infection I had when I got the flu about 10 years ago, no biggie, 1 lung is down about 25 % capacity

I get the flue vax every year and have never had it since

strider

Post Whore
I get the flue vax every year and have never had it since
What my mum says ... whilst her lung capacity has deteriorated continually since getting flu jabs to the point where she ends up in hospital if she exerts doing reasonable things ... no diagnosis or explanation .... old age? Maybe? Maybe more to it?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What my mum says ... whilst her lung capacity has deteriorated continually since getting flu jabs to the point where she ends up in hospital if she exerts doing reasonable things ... no diagnosis or explanation .... old age? Maybe? Maybe more to it?

well I'm not a medical professional so I can't diagnose anyone else

my lungs haven't deteriorated, they don't get better or worse, but I'm grateful I don't get the flu anymore

Gronk

Staff member
Dr been also questions the TGA in their banning of ivermectin .... both he and Dr stuffed dog (posted a while back) find the reasoning used by the TGA extremely puzzling .... he also calls it "very sad" that health authorities would be poo-pooing things that could be helpful cos there are people that are actually sick regardless of anything else going on .... The video below is positioned at the time he talks about it

I have questions: science has been calling out for randomised double blind clinic trials for Ivermectin to show that it has merit in the treatment of covid. So far apart from a retracted trial, results have been no better than placebo. If there is such evidence (which is other than anecdotal accounts of South American or SEAsia use), please post a link, cos there is a lot of noise, but no paperwork.

What we do know is that vaccinated people don't need treatment because 95% don't end up in hospital. Surely after 7 billion doses we can see what best practice for covid is ? So why are we still talking about a hospital treatment for covid (ivermectin), when we know a way that keeps everyone out of hospital?

Circling back, Ok so for the cohort that won't under any circumstances get vaccinated because reasons, paradoxically, why do some claim that the vaccines (which there are many flavours) are rushed, incomplete and approved only for emergency use etc, yet happy to receive
monoclonal antibody infusion treatment (Regereron) which is absolutely untested and definitely not received FDA approval ? Further, if they thought of a vaccine is confronting for some, do they even know what monoclonal antibody infusion treatment is ?

strider

Post Whore
I have questions: science has been calling out for randomised double blind clinic trials for Ivermectin to show that it has merit in the treatment of covid. So far apart from a retracted trial, results have been no better than placebo. If there is such evidence (which is other than anecdotal accounts of South American or SEAsia use), please post a link, cos there is a lot of noise, but no paperwork.

What we do know is that vaccinated people don't need treatment because 95% don't end up in hospital. Surely after 7 billion doses we can see what best practice for covid is ? So why are we still talking about a hospital treatment for covid (ivermectin), when we know a way that keeps everyone out of hospital?

Circling back, Ok so for the cohort that won't under any circumstances get vaccinated because reasons, paradoxically, why do some claim that the vaccines (which there are many flavours) are rushed, incomplete and approved only for emergency use etc, yet happy to receive
monoclonal antibody infusion treatment (Regereron) which is absolutely untested and definitely not received FDA approval ? Further, if they thought of a vaccine is confronting for some, do they even know what monoclonal antibody infusion treatment is ?
Untrue .... go and watch the videos i posted from dr prosperity and some other merkin weeks ago ... plenty of trials, smaller number showed not effective than those that showed effective .... toxicity is incredibly low, one of the safest drugs ever - watch other video i posted earlier .... low toxicity but maybe effective, why not try it? ... instead our TGA make up questionable reasons not to

Fact ... parts of india crushed their covid outbreak with a vaccination rate below 10% (im not saying dont do it, just that it wasnt a factor), and part of that crushhing was issuing ivermectin by the truckload.

Gronk

Staff member
Untrue .... go and watch the videos i posted from dr prosperity and some other merkin weeks ago ... plenty of trials, smaller number showed not effective than those that showed effective .... toxicity is incredibly low, one of the safest drugs ever - watch other video i posted earlier .... low toxicity but maybe effective, why not try it? ... instead our TGA make up questionable reasons not to

Fact ... parts of india crushed their covid outbreak with a vaccination rate below 10% (im not saying dont do it, just that it wasnt a factor), and part of that crushhing was issuing ivermectin by the truckload.
Can we do better than a video ? Surely people who are pro ivermectin share the peer reviewed randomised clinic trial paper around all the time ?

Gronk

Staff member

BTW I had three questions. 🤓

Latest posts