What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Happy MEel

First Grade
Does this make him an anti vaxxer since he is talking about a treatment .... seems to be the way we label everyone else
This is a bit of a nonsense post. Do you think we all consider the doctors and nurses treating Covid patients anti-vaxxers? The fact we don’t subscribe to the conspiracy theory against ivermectin, doesn’t mean we’re against Covid treatment.

Gronk

Staff member
Does this make him an anti vaxxer since he is talking about a treatment .... seems to be the way we label everyone else
Him being Prof Pete is not involved with the development. Did you read the article ? They are actually trying to keep antivaxers healthy . It wont be mandatory, so dont feel pressured.

Meanwhile they are balls deep in clinical trials.

Tamiflu has been around for years. Antivirals also are used treat HIV and Hep. Newsflash, they dont use ivermectin.

strider

Post Whore
This is a bit of a nonsense post. Do you think we all consider the doctors and nurses treating Covid patients anti-vaxxers? The fact we don’t subscribe to the conspiracy theory against ivermectin, doesn’t mean we’re against Covid treatment.
of course its a nonsense post ... ffs

hindy111

Immortal
I have no source but in radio they where saying people getting cancer tests,prostate,bowel etc is down 100 000 approx to previous years. Also people not having breast surgery etc.
Interesting to know how many people die as a result.

Gronk

Staff member
I have no source but in radio they where saying people getting cancer tests,prostate,bowel etc is down 100 000 approx to previous years. Also people not having breast surgery etc.
What's your point ? That a global pandemic sucks on so may levels ?

Bandwagon

Staff member

This is unsurprising, between a lot of resources being used to treat covid patients, and hospitals being hotbeds of the plague ( full of sick people ) merkins are either being made to wait, or simply not going in an attempt to avoid any contact with plague carriers.

This is the reality when people lay claim to the hospital system not being overwhelmed, because it's just a flu or whatever, fact is in a lot of countries whatever can be put off is being put off to avoid a total collapse scenario.

We are not the least bit immune to the same thing happening here.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well the whole point of lockdown is saving lives isn't it? So statistics wise we should also consider other areas as an offset

The problem with the reasoning there is as I said above, this general care isn't happening for reasons beyond lockdown.

Which lockdown rule prevented you going to your doctor, hospital, or seeking any form of health care?

Answer is none.

So if lockdowns haven't been directly responsible for people not getting the care they need what is?

Gronk

Staff member
Well the whole point of lockdown is saving lives isn't it? So statistics wise we should also consider other areas as an offset
MV deaths are down as are accidents (unintentional injuries, misadventure, drownings) so maybe we should have more lockdowns ?

strider

Post Whore
The problem with the reasoning there is as I said above, this general care isn't happening for reasons beyond lockdown.

Which lockdown rule prevented you going to your doctor, hospital, or seeking any form of health care?

Answer is none.

So if lockdowns haven't been directly responsible for people not getting the care they need what is?
I have a close relo who was told they couldn't go to their dentist appointment because they live in a sydney hotspot 2 weeks ago ...... the absolute irony being that the dentist was in the Sydney LGA which was doing bigger number of cases that the Botany LGA my relo was in ...... absolutely f**king ridiculous

Bandwagon

Staff member
I have a close relo who was told they couldn't go to their dentist appointment because they live in a sydney hotspot 2 weeks ago ...... the absolute irony being that the dentist was in the Sydney LGA which was doing bigger number of cases that the Botany LGA my relo was in ...... absolutely f**king ridiculous

Who told him?

Cause it sure as hell wasn't the Bin Chicken.

strider

Post Whore
my uncle was also denied entry to Qld last year where he was travelling for cancer treatment - which he had been doing every 3 months for several years .... when he arrived at the border he was told the paperwork had change ... this after a however many hour drive from maclean ... he had paperwork, they had just changed it the day before

this is a lockdown related thing

he did eventually get treatment at coffs harbour a month later

Latest posts