What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Suitman

Post Whore
you can have all the opinions you want ...... but don't expect hugs n kisses from me if you are gonna sling shit around

I never said the shingles was covid ..... I've explained it before - shingles is generally brought on by some other thing that affects your immune system - eg another illness like flu, an operation, some treatment that compromises your immune system, etc ..... my doctor was baffled why there was no explanation why I got shingles - in the end just blamed it on, "probably work stress", which had no basis ....... have you noticed the shingles ads on tv lately? why would they suddenly come up with shingles as a thing that warrants ads? More cases of it recently?

Ok, you thought you had shingles (did you?) (yes, I have seen the extra shingles adds) (and yes, I have had shingles before and have been wary of possible symptoms lately), but where is the proof of the link between the two?
I'm not an idiot mate, but geez, you just seem paranoid about everything lately.
I'm not slinging shit around. I'm just asking questions. As I said before, calm down.
I don't expect hugs and kisses, as you say, but geez, don't go all crazy on me.

Bandwagon

Staff member
less likely to get seriosu illness is not less likely to get it ..... where's the data showing less likely to get it? .... we had this discussion just days ago - Singapore - extemely highly vaxed, positive cases going through the roof - gonna blame all that on the small percent unvaxed? ....... sure, positive tests doesn't mean ill - but if cases are going off then they are surely spreading it right?

you are going off on a tangent with time in hospital .... sure, thats likely to be a thing .... but it is completely irrelevant to what we are talking about - ie whether vax spread it as much as unvax

No, it's not a tangent. ramifications are ramifications, they aren't limited by your wish to limit the discussion to the obvious and most direct.

Singapore, here's a short read, read the thread..........

strider

Post Whore
Ok, you thought you had shingles (did you?) (yes, I have seen the extra shingles adds) (and yes, I have had shingles before and have been wary of possible symptoms lately), but where is the proof of the link between the two?
I'm not an idiot mate, but geez, you just seem paranoid about everything lately.
I'm not slinging shit around. I'm just asking questions. As I said before, calm down.
I don't expect hugs and kisses, as you say, but geez, don't go all crazy on me.
yes I had shingles .... they took a swab and tested it - it was shingles - but there was no explanation why - usually there is ....... I'm not sure i had covid, I suspect I might have - thats all I have said ....... yeah there is no proof - if there was I'd be more adamant I had it

and sorry, but you are slinging shit around

Eelectrica

Coach

The preliminary evidence indicates the vaxxines limit transmission and virus severity. Vaccines are the way out of this thing.
We need to get back to normal ASAP. Hopefully here in QLD we can pick up the pace. Seems we're gaining traction on that.

Eelogical

Coach
I've got vaccines in me ... i've had tetinus + whooping cough jab in the last 3 years
Mate, if you don't want the jab then that's fine with me. I see that as your choice, just like it is mine and others like me to have it. I also understand that I have a reasonably high chance of catching covid once the borders are open again. I also expect to have a decent chance of survival if I do, but if I don't then that's fate. I have no issues with who I have a beer with, vaxxed or not, as long as the un-vaxxed person is OK with me potentially passing covid on to them.

Suitman

Post Whore
yes I had shingles .... they took a swab and tested it - it was shingles - but there was no explanation why - usually there is ....... I'm not sure i had covid, I suspect I might have - thats all I have said ....... yeah there is no proof - if there was I'd be more adamant I had it

and sorry, but you are slinging shit around

Appreciate the explanation re the shingles and sorry to hear that you had it. I hope it wasn't too severe.
And no, I am not slinging shit around. I just happen to disagree with some of your opinions.
You also might not like this, but I also think some of your opinions are whacky.

strider

Post Whore
No, it's not a tangent. ramifications are ramifications, they aren't limited by your wish to limit the discussion to the obvious and most direct.

Singapore, here's a short read, read the thread..........

we are literally NOT talking about whether vaccines help reduce illness/death .... I don't know how you even got there ...... you said, vaxed less likely to spread it .... I said, thats not true ..... thats what we are talking about ...... mild or no symptoms - so what? Is asymptomatic spread suddenly no longer a thing?

Eelogical

Coach

The preliminary evidence indicates the vaxxines limit transmission and virus severity. Vaccines are the way out of this thing.
We need to get back to normal ASAP. Hopefully here in QLD we can pick up the pace. Seems we're gaining traction on that.
Queenslander!!!!!

strider

Post Whore
Mate, if you don't want the jab then that's fine with me. I see that as your choice, just like it is mine and others like me to have it. I also understand that I have a reasonably high chance of catching covid once the borders are open again. I also expect to have a decent chance of survival if I do, but if I don't then that's fate. I have no issues with who I have a beer with, vaxxed or not, as long as the un-vaxxed person is OK with me potentially passing covid on to them.
Do you think I am questioning you in any way for getting vaccinated? Have I ever told anyone not to? If yes to either, please show me where.
I am not running around this thread telling people I won't have anything to do with them if they get vaccinated. I don't think anyone ever has. But there's numerous instances of the reverse.
Anyone who thinks getting vaxed the right thing to do can go for it as far as I am concerned.

strider

Post Whore

go back several pages and there are links to studies that state vaxed transmission and viral load is just as high ..... as always through all this, there are people saying both sides

Eelectrica

Coach
go back several pages and there are links to studies that state vaxed transmission and viral load is just as high ..... as always through all this, there are people saying both sides
Symptoms for getting the jabs were a sore arm and lack of sleep. I'm sure one of the ingredients of the vaccine is caffeine.
Anyway i'll take that if it means not getting too sick when it's my turn to get this virus.

Eelogical

Coach
Do you think I am questioning you in any way for getting vaccinated? Have I ever told anyone not to? If yes to either, please show me where.
I am not running around this thread telling people I won't have anything to do with them if they get vaccinated. I don't think anyone ever has. But there's numerous instances of the reverse.
Anyone who thinks getting vaxed the right thing to do can go for it as far as I am concerned.
All true, I'm A Strider Baby. Now send me an Oatley's pie. I'm starving.

strider

Post Whore
Appreciate the explanation re the shingles and sorry to hear that you had it. I hope it wasn't too severe.
And no, I am not slinging shit around. I just happen to disagree with some of your opinions.
You also might not like this, but I also think some of your opinions are whacky.
i'm a nutjob, selfish, you won't sit next to me at the footy (aka never want anything to do with any of us unvaxed) .... nah, no one should think badly of those kind of remarks ...... thats cool - you can think what you want, but don't expect me to think thats cool

IFR33K

Coach
For those that don't want to get vaxxed but end up in an ICU ward should foot the bill for their time in hospital.

Why thou? I’ve paid my taxes. I don’t drink or smoke? Do drinkers or smokers pay for medical treatments? Do junkies pay for treatment when they overdose?

IFR33K

Coach
Over 20000 Australians die each year in Australia, because of smoking. I dare say there’d be a greater number that end up in hospital for treatment and the like.

Do any of you merkins consider them nut jobs or selfish?

I wonder how many deaths we’ve had related to alcohol? Plus hospitalizations. Let me guess, they aren’t selfish are they?

Bandwagon

Staff member
we are literally NOT talking about whether vaccines help reduce illness/death .... I don't know how you even got there ...... you said, vaxed less likely to spread it .... I said, thats not true ..... thats what we are talking about ...... mild or no symptoms - so what? Is asymptomatic spread suddenly no longer a thing?

Well I was making the point that your decision doesn't only affect you, that happens in a myriad of ways. I sorry you find that objectionable.

As far as I'm aware asymptomatic spread is still a thing, I don't see that as at all at odds with the idea that people who are more sick, for a longer period of time, will also be more contagious for a longer period of time.

You seem to want to dwell on absolutes and ignore degrees. It's fact that the vaccinated are less likely to get the disease. That alone is enough to tell you they are less likely to be contagious ( and therefore spread it ) because you can't spread what you don't have.

Gronk

Staff member
You probably already all know, but from Friday the Services NSW app now states at check in that you are double vaxxed.

Just update both Services NSW and Medicare Express apps. Then give permission for Services NSW app to have access to your vax records via the Medicare app.

I used it in two restaurants and a few non essential stores over the weekend. Easy peasy.

Bandwagon

Staff member
You probably already all know, but from Friday the Services NSW app now states at check in that you are double vaxxed.

Just update both Services NSW and Medicare Express apps. Then give permission for Services NSW app to have access to your vax records via the Medicare app.

I used it in two restaurants and a few non essential stores over the weekend. Easy peasy.

My Medicare app won't log my records because reasons. I have to talk to Medicare to fix it. I assume I'm not alone in that, as thus far I haven't been able to get through to them because of hold times being a tad long.

Will try again tonight.

hindy111

Immortal
Well im pretty sure theres no law that says we have to. But its hindy and he is not a rabbit so i will answer, even tho its all been said before. Several times.

I have never been worried that i will die of it. If you look at the stats its pretty compelling that the rate of illness and death is very low for people my age. Infact i suspect i already had it and im still here.

I read yesterday that 40% of deaths in USA over the last 100,000 where people under 60 from Delta. I am not going to try and find it again and source it but that is what I read. Maybe can find it.

I'm 40 and fairly fit. But I still would feel nervous if caught it tbh.

hindy111

Immortal
I explained this months ago ... I reckon I had it before it was a thing ... xmas 2019 when i had shingles

Same. I worked with these Swedish guys in Feb/March 2020 who where flying in and out. I remember having a fever and flu symptoms for 48hrs. And for 3 week when I slept it was harder to breathe. Like my lung had a weigh on it. Nothing to the point where I was concerned. It just felt tight.My nose also runned for 3 or 4 weeks in a way it never had before. The experience was completely different to a cold or flu. But this whole thing wasn't even as bad as a flu or even a bad cold. Mild would be best way to describe.

Latest posts