What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Gronk

Staff member
Most importantly, test numbers are still high. So it can't be said that the low case numbers are a result of falling test numbers. It's because the combo of isolation, masks, hygiene and vaccinations works.

strider

Post Whore
Most importantly, test numbers are still high. So it can't be said that the low case numbers are a result of falling test numbers. It's because the combo of isolation, masks, hygiene and vaccinations works.

well actually testing is down to the level it was about mid July - 60k

at that time we were doing about 150 cases a day - as opposed to 250 now

so we are still above the numbers from back then ..... maybe that makes sense coming out of a spike???
I don't know if its a clear conclusion that less cases is unrelated to the number of tests .... I suspect we'd be finding more if we were still forcing people to get tested .... but I also think its natural that the spike drops off for various reasons - I'd add the warmer weather to the list and maybe even some natural immunity

Gronk

Staff member

so we are still above the numbers from back then ..... maybe that makes sense coming out of a spike???
I don't know if its a clear conclusion that less cases is unrelated to the number of tests .... I suspect we'd be finding more if we were still forcing people to get tested .... but I also think its natural that the spike drops off for various reasons - I'd add the warmer weather to the list and maybe even some natural immunity
In July we were at 95,000 tests.

Back then the 1st/2nd dose vax rate was 39% / 17%.

If you want to believe that lower numbers are due to natural immunity and warm weather, then go crazy.

Attachments

• covid-19-vaccine-rollout-update-28-july-2021_0.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

IFR33K

Coach

In July we were at 95,000 tests.

Back then the 1st/2nd dose vax rate was 39% / 17%.

If you want to believe that lower numbers are due to natural immunity and warm weather, then go crazy.

strider says mid July and you quote something from 28 July. I had a look and 15 July there was mid 60 k.

I think the other factor is people are starting to believe the virus is real. 6 months ago people here in Australia were questioning the legitimacy of covid. Not sure anyone is left in Australia that doesn’t believe the virus exists. People are starting to take it more seriously

hindy111

Immortal
strider says mid July and you quote something from 28 July. I had a look and 15 July there was mid 60 k.

I think the other factor is people are starting to believe the virus is real. 6 months ago people here in Australia were questioning the legitimacy of covid. Not sure anyone is left in Australia that doesn’t believe the virus exists. People are starting to take it more seriously

Just be carefull of stay unvaxxed. And if change mind about the shot go and get one is all I can say.

chiefy1

Juniors

strider

Post Whore
Those exercising are exempt from wearing masks outdoors. Walking near a shopping center you need one.
don't even need to be exercising now .... masks outdoors are no longer a thing

Its hard work keeping up ... rules are changing all the time

hindy111

Immortal
don't even need to be exercising now .... masks outdoors are no longer a thing

Its hard work keeping up ... rules are changing all the time

That's why I don't pay a whole lot of attention and use common sense. I don't need a mask if nobody is within 10mtrs of me

Eelogical

Coach
Why thou? I’ve paid my taxes. I don’t drink or smoke? Do drinkers or smokers pay for medical treatments? Do junkies pay for treatment when they overdose?
I've paid my taxes too. I used to smoke many moons ago but I still indulge a beer or three these days. The choice is simple. Drink and smoke and your private health insurance will judge your risk accordingly. If you aren't in a fund then you're exposed to the public health system. Covid is a different animal. Nobody has a choice when it comes to contracting covid, unlike taking up smoking or drinking. Gamble with a no jab approach to covid at your own risk. If you choose to believe all the nuttos out there then that should be on you and at your cost.

hindy111

Immortal
I've paid my taxes too. I used to smoke many moons ago but I still indulge a beer or three these days. The choice is simple. Drink and smoke and your private health insurance will judge your risk accordingly. If you aren't in a fund then you're exposed to the public health system. Covid is a different animal. Nobody has a choice when it comes to contracting covid, unlike taking up smoking or drinking. Gamble with a no jab approach to covid at your own risk. If you choose to believe all the nuttos out there then that should be on you and at your cost.

Disagree. As Strider mentioned people abuse their bodies and have Medicare provided to cover them. I chalked up quite some $$ with dirtbike crashes. Not wearing riding boots. Broken bones etc. It was in most ways my fault. As is drinking,drugs,any risky sport,poor diet etc.
Part of a society is helping each other. These guys pay their levies and they deserve to be cared for also. I've barely used my Medicare in the last 12yrs but pay over $1,000 a year for it as I am sure they have. Should they be refunded if haven't used that amount?

Eelogical

Coach
Disagree. As Strider mentioned people abuse their bodies and have Medicare provided to cover them. I chalked up quite some $$ with dirtbike crashes. Not wearing riding boots. Broken bones etc. It was in most ways my fault. As is drinking,drugs,any risky sport,poor diet etc.
Part of a society is helping each other. These guys pay their levies and they deserve to be cared for also. I've barely used my Medicare in the last 12yrs but pay over $1,000 a year for it as I am sure they have. Should they be refunded if haven't used that amount?
Good for yous.

IFR33K

Coach

Makes no sense at all. But thank god you aren’t running the show.

Eelogical

Coach
Makes no sense at all. But thank god you aren’t running the show.
And you'd be a better alternative? I have no desire to run anything. Get the jab or accept the possible consequences. Simples. Besides, my opinion about who should pay for what is fanciful. No government would have to guts to even consider it so let's just drop it.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
And you'd be a better alternative? I have no desire to run anything. Get the jab or accept the possible consequences. Simples. Besides, my opinion about who should pay for what is fanciful. No government would have to guts to even consider it so let's just drop it.

No I wouldnt be a better alternative but I’m not making ludicrous statements either. Why should I get the jab, to please certain people? When I’m ready to jab all here will be the first to know. I think some of you fellas are posting with too much emotion. I know many have unwillingly taken the jab to get back to work and the like, and they seem to take it out on non jabbers.

hindy111

Immortal

Well you'd have to decrease their Medicare Levy. You can not pick and chose. Many hospital visits are self inflicted in a way.