What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Gronk

Staff member
This is the latest advice on the post infection unvaxxed cohort.

Dr. Soumya Swaminathan

After getting COVID, people do get an immune response, but this varies from person to person and it depends on whether you had a mild infection or whether you had more severe infection. And we know from many studies now that if you've had a very mild or asymptomatic infection, then many people may have very low levels of antibodies that they form. So this is why we still recommend that even if you've had COVID infection, that you should go ahead and take the vaccination when it's available to you, because the vaccine then serves as a boost to the immune system. After getting COVID, people do get an immune response, but this varies from person to person and it depends on whether you had a mild infection or whether you had more severe infection. And we know from many studies now that if you've had a very mild or asymptomatic infection, then many people may have very low levels of antibodies that they form. So this is why we still recommend that even if you've had COVID infection, that you should go ahead and take the vaccination when it's available to you, because the vaccine then serves as a boost to the immune system.

IFR33K

Coach
By this time next year everyone, vaxxed or not, will have had covid. It’s basically as simple as that.

some unvaxxed people will get extremely sick, with some of those dying.

some vaxxed people will get extremely sick, with some of those dying.

some vaxxed and unvaxxed will get it, but never realise they ever did. They may or may not inadvertently pass it onto someone who becomes one of those who end up extremely sick or dead, but we’ll never know who they got it off.

i won’t be getting vaxxed unless I literally cannot support my family any longer without doing so. I don’t see it coming to that, but if it does then I would do it.

I have many friends and family members that are vaxxed, and many that feel the same way as I do. I don’t think of them any differently, I don’t favour one of the other, I don’t care what decision they made for themselves. If I get covid off one of them, so be it, if I give covid to one of them, so be it. We’ve all made the decision we for ourselves.

to be honest I’d rather get it sooner and get over and done with it. The natural immunity built up from recovering from covid is of equal or better defence than the vax from all I have read and heard.

I’ve always followed the health directives on masks up until this week. Now I make a personal choice not to wear one. We’re all going to get it, the government and CHO have said so themselves, so why delay the inevitable? I’d rather get it now than when the borders are open and the stain likely to be higher on hospitals and medical facilities.

Well you’ve just wavered your rights of having suity sit near you at the footy.

strider

Post Whore
NSW opens up and :fire:

They are saying that the numbers don't really add up ..... not necessarily that opening up == more cases

The new cases didn't jump by 1,272 - but the "active cases" did ..... daily cases are 250-3xx day by day .... so where is that "active cases" number coming from? ...... did some old cases become "active" again?

Gronk

Staff member
They are saying that the numbers don't really add up ..... not necessarily that opening up == more cases

The new cases didn't jump by 1,272 - but the "active cases" did ..... daily cases are 250-3xx day by day .... so where is that "active cases" number coming from? ...... did some old cases become "active" again?
Time will tell, however anecdotally, it does coincide with merkins flooding the public spaces. Which has been on the rise since we hit 70% I reckon. Less f**ks given.

From what we can learn from countries who are ahead of us in covid world, opening up leads to a spike in cases and deaths amongst the vulnerable.

There are no winners in a pandemic, only merkins who get hit with the covid bat* softer than others.

wheel-of-fortune-wheel.gif

* bat joke was unintended

Eelogical

Coach
I hope this is all over soon, I'm double vaxxed and will get the booster shot if that's on the table. I'm also in my 60's, live in Brisbane and have underlying health issues. I'm now making serious plans for my wife and extended family in case I become a victim of covid. Nothing is guaranteed, so for me I'm going to do what I think is the most precautionary route.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well you’ve just wavered your rights of having suity sit near you at the footy.

And I'm happy about that. f**k sitting next to the unvaxxed.
I am certainly not on the train that getting the dreaded virus will improve my immune system.
It may in fact send me to hospital, and possibly end up even worse than that.
I'd prefer to not play Covid Lotto thanks.

Last edited:

hindy111

Immortal
I hope this is all over soon, I'm double vaxxed and will get the booster shot if that's on the table. I'm also in my 60's, live in Brisbane and have underlying health issues. I'm now making serious plans for my wife and extended family in case I become a victim of covid. Nothing is guaranteed, so for me I'm going to do what I think is the most precautionary route.

You will be fine. Just .are sure you keep your diet OK. Some greens 4 times a week. A few nuts and fruit.
Once a week I would drop 1 or 2 cloves of garlic. And a shot of apple cider vinegar. You'll never get sick.
And not to much sugar. You will get another 25yrs.

hindy111

Immortal
I personaly don't care if someone's is vaxxed or not. I have had my medicine. If I get Covid I feel like I'd be fine. I'd then have awesome immunity as well.Isn't the point of the medicine so you don't die? I assume if did after a double dose then you where most likely almost done already. Plus Vaxxed people are just as likely to spread it and Unvaxxed are probably going to be less complacent.

My Dads banned anyone from his holiday place unless vaxxed thou.

IFR33K

Coach
And I'm happy about that. f**k sitting next to the unvaxxed.
I am certainly not on the train that getting the dreaded virus will improve my immune system.
It may in fact send me to hospital, and possibly end up even worse than that.
I'd prefer to not play Covid Lotto thanks.

Oh well. I’m out. He’s out. That just leaves your friend @strider

Gronk

Staff member
I personaly don't care if someone's is vaxxed or not. I have had my medicine. If I get Covid I feel like I'd be fine. I'd then have awesome immunity as well.Isn't the point of the medicine so you don't die? I assume if did after a double dose then you where most likely almost done already. Plus Vaxxed people are just as likely to spread it and Unvaxxed are probably going to be less complacent.

My Dads banned anyone from his holiday place unless vaxxed thou.
Yes, but surely you agree that there are some individuals who must have mandatory vaxxed status ? The health sector is certainly one area where it is just dumb that unvaxxed could be caring for cancer patients or for oldies in a nursing home.

Gronk

Staff member
Bipartisan support goes a long way. 🇵🇷 = 🇦🇺

Meanwhile in 🇺🇸 it is political and stories like this are everywhere.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
I know, I'm just pointing out that is how shit works, and has been forever.

As a dirty leftist it's one of my pet hates that we are all but a corporatocracy under the guise of but but jobs.
Well I misjudged you. Bought you a “Corporatocracy Rules” T-Shirt for Christmas. That could be awkward so I’ll exchange it for an “I 💕 Bolt” one instead.

hindy111

Immortal
Yes, but surely you agree that there are some individuals who must have mandatory vaxxed status ? The health sector is certainly one area where it is just dumb that unvaxxed could be caring for cancer patients or for oldies in a nursing home.

Yes agree. I meant myself individualy. I'd talk to an unvaxxed person and sit with them.

Latest posts