What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^ ScoMo was miffed that the new NSW Premier opened the border before he said "Simon Says".

But today he did say "Simon Says" so we can all move on.

Here Qantas CEO Alan Joyce:

"We are announcing that our flagship aircraft, the A380 will come forward and the first one will arrive back in Australia on 25 December. A great Christmas present for our people.
"We will have a second one in place so that by April we can start Sydney [to] LA again, a daily service with the A380.
"We are bringing Singapore operations from Sydney forward until the end of November.
"We are bringing forward services to Fiji to early December and we are bringing forward services to South Africa to Johannesburg to early January and to Phuket and Bangkok to middle of January.
"We are in dialogue with the Indonesian government about opening up Bali for Australians that are fully vaccinated so that they don't have to go into quarantine.
"We are also very importantly announcing that we are starting a new service from Sydney to Darwin to Delhi.
"[And] we are proud to announce today that all of our domestic crew that have been stood down, 5,000 people, will be back at work in early December. Great news for them and their families."

Gronk

Staff member
Kelly Slater throwing cats in amongst pigeons.

This will no doubt polarise opinions here too.

Dr* Slater said in his response he believes he knows more about being healthy than 99 per cent of doctors.

“There is absolutely no need for vaccines to extinguish the pandemic,” the quote shared by Slater read.

“I’ve never heard such nonsense talked about vaccines. You do not vaccinate people who aren’t at risk from a disease. You also don’t set about planning to vaccinate millions of fit and healthy people with a vaccine that hasn’t been extensively tested on human subjects.”

The Instagram thread with its gabillion replies is here.

* I did that 🤠

This will no doubt polarise opinions here too.

Dr* Slater said in his response he believes he knows more about being healthy than 99 per cent of doctors.

“There is absolutely no need for vaccines to extinguish the pandemic,” the quote shared by Slater read.

“I’ve never heard such nonsense talked about vaccines. You do not vaccinate people who aren’t at risk from a disease. You also don’t set about planning to vaccinate millions of fit and healthy people with a vaccine that hasn’t been extensively tested on human subjects.”

The Instagram thread with its gabillion replies is here.

* I did that 🤠

The quote is from Michael Yeadon.

Gronk

Staff member
One out of every 463 Americans alive at the beginning of 2020 has since died of covid-19.

About 1 in 8 Americans say that a member of their family died of the virus; another fifth say that they lost a close friend.

Bandwagon

Staff member
WTF is that soapy video??
They all have a choice, do they not?

Yeah they do, they can make the ultimate sacrifice and get jabbed, and as reward for their community mindedness they can participate as equally in society as every other merkin, or they can refuse, and live in a cave.

Of course the third choice is they can buy into the divisive culture wars of the US, where vaccination is become a partisan issue and bring it to our shores in the name of their free-dumbs.

I ran into a guy I know during the week in the course of business, good fella, and he's not getting jabbed, the subject come up because he can't enter my premises unless double jabbed. In conversation I asked why, and he literally said because they're forcing me to, and my grandfather didn't die in the war for that.