What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

strider

Post Whore
yeah I think its pretty sad that someone is in that mental state ..... and probably just as sad that people think its fun to post around the internet

I think its at least good that the police are trying to be reasonable there though .... a nice change from the violence of recent times

Bandwagon

Staff member
yeah I think its pretty sad that someone is in that mental state ..... and probably just as sad that people think its fun to post around the internet

I think its at least good that the police are trying to be reasonable there though .... a nice change from the violence of recent times

Yeah the cops there are quite restrained, makes you wonder with some of the shit we see where we don't see how or what led to the escalation

I mean cops can be merkins like any other folk, plus they've almost a licence to be merkins, so it wouldn't surprise me if a few go off a bit early in circumstances like that, or when there are merkins trying to push their buttons. But of course we rarely see shit where they handle it well.

Gronk

Staff member
You are obviously referring to me, because I posted it.

FYI I didn’t post it because fun. I posted it because the nuance of being unvaccinated whilst being a carer for dementia patients (people who she says she loves) seems to have escaped her.

strider

Post Whore
You are obviously referring to me, because I posted it.

FYI I didn’t post it because fun. I posted it because the nuance of being unvaccinated whilst being a carer for dementia patients (people who she says she loves) seems to have escaped her.

no i wasnt specifically referring to you .... its not your ticktok

tho you did simply re-post it with nothing but a hashtag melbourne on it .... which i think clearly comes across as going, haha crazy melbournians .... but I guess I should have read your mind

Gronk

Staff member
no i wasnt specifically referring to you .... its not your ticktok

tho you did simply re-post it with nothing but a hashtag melbourne on it .... which i think clearly comes across as going, haha crazy melbournians .... but I guess I should have read your mind
So what do you think about her situation? Should she be allowed back to the workplace ? As a carer, she obviously can’t work from home. Is she an unfortunate but necessary casualty of the pandemic or is it overkill in the health sector ?

As a employer myself, I wonder if people have actually considered the mindfield position of small business owners (who employ 75% of Australians) from 1 December ?

Cloeel

Juniors
As does his employer, if working from home is not possible.

Gronk,

Come December 1st do Businesses such as Gyms, Hospitality & Retail have the power to deny Employees and customers who are not vaccinated?

I have 20 Employee (trade company) with 2 x Employees who are refusing the vaccination. Our work is predominantly Bars, Gyms and high density residential buildings (already had a number of our clients requesting proof of vaccination)

You seem to have a good grasp on the "do's & don'ts" so I though I would ask you the question for some clarity.

chiefy1

Juniors
As does his employer, if working from home is not possible.

Well you can see now that the Victorian government and TA have caved in to money and are now going to let unvaccinated Tennis players enter the country and play in front of thousands of fans. It's one rules for some and another rule for others when it suits them. All bs government

Gronk

Staff member
Gronk,

Come December 1st do Businesses such as Gyms, Hospitality & Retail have the power to deny Employees and customers who are not vaccinated?

I have 20 Employee (trade company) with 2 x Employees who are refusing the vaccination. Our work is predominantly Bars, Gyms and high density residential buildings (already had a number of our clients requesting proof of vaccination)

You seem to have a good grasp on the "do's & don'ts" so I though I would ask you the question for some clarity.
You see, this is where you need leadership for small businesses.

At the moment small business owners have to navigate this legal midfield themselves.

Honestly, who other than a lawyer who specializes in workplace law can understand this babble ?

My best advice right now, is to adopt a "wait n see" approach with your situation regarding the conscientious objectors who are hesitant / defiant about getting vaccinated. Hopefully we will all have a better understanding about the situation as we edge close towards 1 December. In the meantime, you should email all staff and offer your support and assistance in getting vaccinated and offer time off etc to do so. You should also advise all staff (rather than just the unvaxxed) that moving forward it is expected that some customers will require proof of vaccinations before work orders are approved. So they should ensure that they are in a position to provide proof of vaccination as per NSW Gov guidelines.

On the other side of the coin, it is your duty to take all reasonable steps to protect your staff "where employees are required as part of their duties to interact with people with an increased risk of being infected with coronavirus." So you actually have an obligation to provide a safe workplace when it comes to covid-19. As per one of the links below:-

"You should (inform) your workers to understand their concerns about the risks of COVID-19 and assure them that you are continuing to implement reasonably practicable control measures* which are known to reduce the spread of the virus in the workplace, such as.
  • ensuring your workers do not come to work when unwell
  • practising physical distancing
  • improving ventilation, where appropriate
  • practising good hygiene
  • increasing cleaning and maintenance, and
  • wearing masks. "
* control measures
Actions taken to eliminate or minimise health and safety risks so far as is reasonably practicable. A hierarchy of control measures is set out in the WHS Regulations to assist duty holders to select the highest control measures reasonably practicable.

Gronk

Staff member
Well you can see now that the Victorian government and TA have caved in to money and are now going to let unvaccinated Tennis players enter the country and play in front of thousands of fans. It's one rules for some and another rule for others when it suits them. All bs government
They are applying the "reasonable" test to the situation.

The leaked email to players said unvaccinated players would have to quarantine, arrive after 1 December and produce a negative test result within 72 hours of departure to be allowed entry.