What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

eels_fan

First Grade
NSW now at 93.1% of eligible 16yrs and overs with first dose vaccination.

ehh… call me a conspiracy theorist all you like but I believe that number is fanciful and almost certainly overstated. Purposely Inflated to make the unvaxxed feel like the majority is far greater than it really is, hence further pressure to comply. Hearing you’re one of a 10% minority will make people who are not sure in their decision or weighing things up still more anxious or isolated than hearing you are one of a 30 or 40% minority.

in early June, Sydney was at 0.4% double vaxxed. If you really believe that number is now getting close to 85% given the resistance that clearly exists, and the well stated apathy to vaccines/covid in many greater Sydney locations with high ethnic communities, then you may as well believe in Santa and reindeers

hindy111

Immortal
ehh… call me a conspiracy theorist all you like but I believe that number is fanciful and almost certainly overstated. Purposely Inflated to make the unvaxxed feel like the majority is far greater than it really is, hence further pressure to comply. Hearing you’re one of a 10% minority will make people who are not sure in their decision or weighing things up still more anxious or isolated than hearing you are one of a 30 or 40% minority.

in early June, Sydney was at 0.4% double vaxxed. If you really believe that number is now getting close to 85% given the resistance that clearly exists, and the well stated apathy to vaccines/covid in many greater Sydney locations with high ethnic communities, then you may as well believe in Santa and reindeers

I think it's legit. Nearly everyone I know is vaxxed bar my cousins and his family. It's kind of funny how the cousin my age, all his siblings and his parents didn't want it. Everyone else I know work colleagues and friends all had. I reckon if went thru my list it be only then who haven't had it.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
I think it's legit. Nearly everyone I know is vaxxed bar my cousins and his family. It's kind of funny how the cousin my age, all his siblings and his parents didn't want it. Everyone else I know work colleagues and friends all had. I reckon if went thru my list it be only then who haven't had it.
I am stealing this and writing a new series "My Unvaxxed Cousin" which you will see in Ch 10 next year.

strider

Post Whore

I would have guessed they would have peaked at 80-85%

But i reckon they ran a very good coersion and scare campaign .... call me a conspiracy theorist but i would guess 20-30% were basically forced via risk of losing their job. Some may have eventually, but it escalated things quickly.

hindy111

Immortal
I would have guessed they would have peaked at 80-85%

But i reckon they ran a very good coersion and scare campaign .... call me a conspiracy theorist but i would guess 20-30% were basically forced via risk of losing their job. Some may have eventually, but it escalated things quickly.

👻👻👻

Suitman

Post Whore

I honestly think that is a long stretch of a claim.
I have no reason to doubt the Govt's figures.
I've been to the Dr's 4 times in the past 3 months for a number of reasons. A large family medical practice. They have 2 sections set up. One for Covid and one for general practice.
The covid section has always be chockas.
I know only one person personally that has refused to be vaxed. I mix with dozens and dozens of people on building sites and they wouldn't be there if they weren't vaxed.
Your doubt about the Vax rates published is unfounded in my opinion, and only stated to cover your own anti-vax views.

Latest posts