What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

hindy111

Immortal
I honestly think that is a long stretch of a claim.
I have no reason to doubt the Govt's figures.
I've been to the Dr's 4 times in the past 3 months for a number of reasons. A large family medical practice. They have 2 sections set up. One for Covid and one for general practice.
The covid section has always be chockas.
I know only one person personally that has refused to be vaxed. I mix with dozens and dozens of people on building sites and they wouldn't be there if they weren't vaxed.
Your doubt about the Vax rates published is unfounded in my opinion, and only stated to cover your own anti-vax views.

Nearly everyone I know is vaxxxed. Just the odd person isn't. 90% seems legit imo.

eels_fan

First Grade
Your doubt about the Vax rates published is unfounded in my opinion, and only stated to cover your own anti-vax views.
It’s an opinion. I’m entitled to it. I’m not stating it as fact (or else it would be deleted by now).

you are more than welcome to disagree.

I don’t need to “cover” my own views. I whole heartedly am comfortable in my decision making. I’d only need a cover if looking for reassurance that I made the right decision.

i think you need to not be so trusting, whatever that be of the government, the data you’re fed, or the assumptions you are making.

I know plenty of construction workers currently working in Sydney, who have been for weeks who are not vaccinated. They’re not going to say it out loud. I know companies who are supportive of personal choice, and are ignoring vax mandates. I know where you can get a fake vax cert that will suffice any inspection, and I know how many thousands have been distributed and/or sold around Sydney. A fake vax document is 1000x easier to obtain than a fake ID, and you can get those in every suburb in Sydney without hassle.

i guarantee you that a decent chunk of the people you associate with every day that claim they are vaxxed, or carry on their lives as if they are - are not.

hindy111

Immortal
It’s an opinion. I’m entitled to it. I’m not stating it as fact (or else it would be deleted by now).

I don’t need to “cover” my own views. I whole heartedly am comfortable in my decision making. I’d only need a cover if looking for reassurance that I made the right decision.

i think you need to not be so trusting, whatever that be of the government, the data you’re fed, or the assumptions you are making.

I know plenty of construction workers currently working in Sydney, who have been for weeks who are not vaccinated. They’re not going to say it out loud. I know companies who are supportive of personal choice, and are ignoring vax mandates. I know where you can get a fake vax cert that will suffice any inspection, and I know how many thousands have been distributed and/or sold around Sydney. A fake vax document is 1000x easier to obtain than a fake ID, and you can get those in every suburb in Sydney without hassle.

i guarantee you that a decent chunk of the people you associate with every day that claim they are vaxxed, or carry on their lives as if they are - are not.

The thing is. It probably depends who you associate with. As I said I barely know anyone not vaxxed.

As far as vaccine passports I know enough places already who don't bother checking. Where I had my haircut, Greek restruant and a few pubs. Even if they did a screenshot of a random one would work. They don't cross reference. The whole things pretty lame tbh.

Kornstar

Coach
ehh… call me a conspiracy theorist all you like but I believe that number is fanciful and almost certainly overstated. Purposely Inflated to make the unvaxxed feel like the majority is far greater than it really is, hence further pressure to comply. Hearing you’re one of a 10% minority will make people who are not sure in their decision or weighing things up still more anxious or isolated than hearing you are one of a 30 or 40% minority.

in early June, Sydney was at 0.4% double vaxxed. If you really believe that number is now getting close to 85% given the resistance that clearly exists, and the well stated apathy to vaccines/covid in many greater Sydney locations with high ethnic communities, then you may as well believe in Santa and reindeers

I haven't believed in Santa since i was about 4.......i believe the numbers though and i happen to know they are a fact.......the resistance is in small pockets but maybe you don't know how many people 7% not vaxxed at all actually is......tip, it is still a rather large number.

I would have guessed they would have peaked at 80-85%

But i reckon they ran a very good coersion and scare campaign .... call me a conspiracy theorist but i would guess 20-30% were basically forced via risk of losing their job. Some may have eventually, but it escalated things quickly.

This may be more accurate to people who were on the edge and had a reason, e.g. see family again or work or other.

Those rebels you speak of are going to save the world.......good on them!

I know everyone i deal with everyday at work is vaccinated........unless they are hackers i guess.

Kornstar

Coach
The thing is. It probably depends who you associate with. As I said I barely know anyone not vaxxed.

As far as vaccine passports I know enough places already who don't bother checking. Where I had my haircut, Greek restruant and a few pubs. Even if they did a screenshot of a random one would work. They don't cross reference. The whole things pretty lame tbh.

The places not checking are only putting their businesses at risk of fines, obviously the lockdowns didn't affect them and they didn't collect any government assistance.

There's not enough resources around to check businesses are doing the right thing,so small outbreaks like City Gym will keep on coming (especially after 1 Dec when Perrottet lets the unvaxxed mix freely).

I was a bit shocked not getting asked to show my digital vax certificate on my first post-freedom outing (haircut), but it was a street front shop with one guy cutting and a queue down the street - I guess he didn't have time to down tools and check everyone as their spot in the queue made it in the door?

strider

Post Whore
There's not enough resources around to check businesses are doing the right thing,so small outbreaks like City Gym will keep on coming (especially after 1 Dec when Perrottet lets the unvaxxed mix freely).

I was a bit shocked not getting asked to show my digital vax certificate on my first post-freedom outing (haircut), but it was a street front shop with one guy cutting and a queue down the street - I guess he didn't have time to down tools and check everyone as their spot in the queue made it in the door?
And people talk about covering their own views being exclusively for the dirty unvaxed

Gronk

Staff member
Dr Carrie Madej exposes huge news on the moderna vaccine.

Carrie is an osteopath BTW.

Kornstar

Coach
but these things never happen right? ... this doctor must be lying ... and oddly thinking its cool his son's heart is buggered

Who said it never happens? It is well documented that there are cases like this. I think the reason people fight back at the anti everything crowd is that those anti everything people say there are "heaps" of these and they are "clogging" up ER's and it isn't COVID it is vaccine injuries.......which is a flat out lie.

I would take guidance from a trained professional over someone on the internet who only takes information from the people that agree with them.

He doesn't think his son's heart condition is cool, but he certainly believes based on what he has seen in hospitals over the last 18 months that this short term issue is better than the alternative.

This thread is still a comedy anyways.

Latest posts