What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Gronk

Staff member
The SkyNews gang will need to Zoom their shit in forever.

News Corp Australia to introduce Covid vaccine mandate for staff​

Only people who are fully vaccinated or exempt will be allowed to enter media company’s buildings from next year
A woman walks past News Corp Australia’s Holt Street headquarters in Sydney

News Corp Australia’s Holt Street headquarters in Sydney. From next year, the company will introduce a Covid vaccine mandate for staff. Photograph: Mick Tsikas/AAP

News Corp Australia will not allow anyone who is not fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter its buildings next year, joining other big employers including Coles, the Commonwealth Bank and Qantas that have mandated vaccines for staff.

Nine Entertainment, publisher of the Sydney Morning Herald and the Age, is expected to unveil a similar vaccination mandate for its workplaces by 1 December.

The News Corp ban on the non-vaccinated will apply to its Holt Street, Surry Hills headquarters, as well as state-based newspapers across the country, Sky News Australia and Foxtel.

strider

Post Whore
Fluvoxamine isn't new for covid .... its been touted as a covid treatment for about a year .... it was discussed in a vid posted way back were the 3 merkins in a wooden room talked nerdy stuff - the bald guy on the right was a fluvoxamine fanboi .... it was poo-pooed as hard as the great ivermectin was for all this time

I believe some merkins stumbled onto it as a potential treatment when a huge bunch of a group of people that got infected happened to all be on the antidepresant and did better in recovering

Gronk

Staff member
Fluvoxamine isn't new for covid .... its been touted as a covid treatment for about a year .... it was discussed in a vid posted way back were the 3 merkins in a wooden room talked nerdy stuff - the bald guy on the right was a fluvoxamine fanboi .... it was poo-pooed as hard as the great ivermectin was for all this time

I believe some merkins stumbled onto it as a potential treatment when a huge bunch of a group of people that got infected happened to all be on the antidepresant and did better in recovering
Nobody said it was new. The randomised clinical trial is new. That's what gives it credibility.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don't see the point.

If merkins decided to wait it out the six weeks or whatever, they'll wait out another six weeks, nothing much will change.

Continuing to limit regional travel would be far more effective at controlling spread than pushing the vax coverage up a coupla points.

Continuing to limit regional travel would be far more effective at controlling spread than pushing the vax coverage up a coupla points.
Do you mean limiting regional travel for unvaxed? Or everyone? Cause limiting it for everyone is not an option. (Much as I like my little town the way it is at the moment)

Bandwagon

Staff member
Do you mean limiting regional travel for unvaxed? Or everyone? Cause limiting it for everyone is not an option. (Much as I like my little town the way it is at the moment)

Yeah everyone, it's only finishing as an option come Monday. So I can't see as how extending it further until vax numbers are up isn't an option.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yeah everyone, it's only finishing as an option come Monday. So I can't see as how extending it further until vax numbers are up isn't an option.
I don’t think the article suggested pushing out travel to regional areas from Monday.

“It comes as the NSW government considers pushing back the reopening date for unvaccinated people in a bid to boost the state’s inoculation coverage, with senior ministers now eyeing a potential double-dose rate of 95 per cent.”

It was only suggesting giving the unvaccinated long to wait for freedoms, while bringing forward some of the 1 December freedoms

“the government will also consider moving forward some aspects of the road map that were originally slated for December 1, a senior minister said.”

Anyhow I reckon they should wait until after summer to give the unvaccinated any freedoms.

Yes it's an option, what I meant was imo it's not a realistic option for areas like Shoalhaven which have had 3 years of Covid and bushfire depressed economies and many businesses are getting by with difficulties as it is. I think our vax rate is >87% double down here.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don’t think the article suggested pushing out travel to regional areas from Monday.

“It comes as the NSW government considers pushing back the reopening date for unvaccinated people in a bid to boost the state’s inoculation coverage, with senior ministers now eyeing a potential double-dose rate of 95 per cent.”

It was only suggesting giving the unvaccinated long to wait for freedoms, while bringing forward some of the 1 December freedoms

“the government will also consider moving forward some aspects of the road map that were originally slated for December 1, a senior minister said.”

Anyhow I reckon they should wait until after summer to give the unvaccinated any freedoms.

That the article doesn't mention that the state is opening up to travel into the regions as of November 1st doesn't change the fact that the state is opening up travel to the regions as of November 1st. My point is that if they are gonna move dates where they ease certain restrictions, there are a lot more effective ones in terms of limiting spread than there is pushing back out the no fully vaxxed ones, remembering that restriction also includes those waiting for their second jab.

Yes it's an option, what I meant was imo it's not a realistic option for areas like Shoalhaven which have had 3 years of Covid and bushfire depressed economies and many businesses are getting by with difficulties as it is. I think our vax rate is >87% double down here.
In my area, Northern rivers, if you exclude Byron shire 1st jab rates are up over 90%, even Byron is at 85 odd, but second Jabs are in the high 60's low 70's for most LGA's. What that says to me is that although we're a bit behind, which is for a multitude of reasons, the intent is there for enough folks to get double vaxxed.

So it should follow, given the wait between doses, that within another month or so we'll surpass that 80 - 85% threshold which has been deemed to be the target where you've got enough immunisation in the region for adequate suppression of case numbers, and thus hospitalisation.

Obviously there are differences across regional NSW, so some areas such as yours are ahead of others such as mine. It's interesting that we can treat different suburbs of Sydney differently, but can't seem to grasp that regional and rural NSW is just as diverse and need not be all lumped into the one big category.

Even here Ballina shire is very different to Lismore shire, Ballina for example has been well ahead of the curve for NSW since basically the start of the rollout, simply because it has a very large retirement population, so a large percentage of folks there have had access since the first stage of the rollout.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
Even here Ballina shire is very different to Lismore shire, Ballina for example has been well ahead of the curve for NSW since basically the start of the rollout, simply because it has a very large retirement population, so a large percentage of folks there have had access since the first stage of the rollout.
Is the Big Prawn vaccinated?

Latest posts