What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

strider

Post Whore
Dr Prosperity is back ..... are mandates meaningful given recent studies from UK and everyones favourite Sweden
Watch it, don't watch it - up to you.

His conclusions ...

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 1.41.30 pm.png

Gronk

Staff member
NSW are swooping in on 95% vaxxed. So I can guarantee his ^^^ data is not relevant to us.

If you drop NSW into the below chart, we are the second in the world as the most vaxxed behind the UAE.

1635911145376.png

strider

Post Whore
Whenever the word 'may' is used it could just as easily be 'may not'.
he asks the question - looks at the data - and tries to come to a logical conclusion

he's not some prick who dictates how everything must be (which is coincidentally the point of a mandate) ..... everything is open to opinions

strider

Post Whore
NSW are swooping in on 95% vaxxed. So I can guarantee his ^^^ data is not relevant to us.

If you drop NSW into the below chart, we are the second in the world as the most vaxxed behind the UAE.

View attachment 55612
cool .... so you will tell all the NSW businesses putting in mandates that they are dumb and pointless :thumbup:

Gronk

Staff member
cool .... so you will tell all the NSW businesses putting in mandates that they are dumb and pointless :thumbup:
Their business, their choice ?

I know I've said this before, but notwithstanding what's "fair", most businesses are being told by their lawyers and insurers that they need to manage both risk and optics. It's a no brainer really.

What's dumb and pointless is not having mandates.

Even the most strident anti lockdown merkin - Jim's Mowing ...

Recognises it's good business practice to have mandates.

View attachment 55612

Not quite. The other chart reports the percentage of the total population that is fully vaccinated, not the percentage of 16+. Australia, for instance, is only 64% of total pop fully vaxed, but 78.5% of 16+ population fully vaxed.

BTW the ACT is at nearly 94% of the 12+ population fully vaxed (and has no mandates outside frontline health, teaching, etc).

strider

Post Whore
Their business, their choice ?

I know I've said this before, but notwithstanding what's "fair", most businesses are being told by their lawyers and insurers that they need to manage both risk and optics. It's a no brainer really.

What's dumb and pointless is not having mandates.

Even the most strident anti lockdown merkin - Jim's Mowing ...

Recognises it's good business practice to have mandates.

But none of those merkins have watched the latest Dr Prosperity ..... they are flying blind

Latest posts