What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Bandwagon

Staff member

So these businesses' presumably are gonna be telling long term clients who aren't vaxxed to piss off.

I'm sure they'll be thrilled about that.

I wonder how long it'll be before they get their first "anti vaxxer" mass shooting. Seems inevitable.

Gronk

Staff member
The USA have reached a point with vax rates that it is now a pandemic of the unvaccinated

The redneck states are slow on the uptake.

Gronk

Staff member
So these businesses' presumably are gonna be telling long term clients who aren't vaxxed to piss off.

I'm sure they'll be thrilled about that.

I wonder how long it'll be before they get their first "anti vaxxer" mass shooting. Seems inevitable.
Sucks to be a smoker these days, but non smokers have a right to no be exposed to second hand smoke. Same, same.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Sucks to be a smoker these days, but non smokers have a right to no be exposed to second hand smoke. Same, same.

Not even remotely.

A smoker can easily choose to do all the things a non smoker chooses to do, they are not excluded, their smoking is. I'm a smoker, and it doesn't interfere in that way at all.

I can go anywhere a non smoker can go, I just can't smoke in many places, that's ok, I don't smoke inside, or in my car, cause it f**king stinks. But I make that choice.

Gronk

Staff member
I think we've know that for a long time, that 20-29 age group is the most social.

There should be large push to vaccinate those that are most likely to spread it.
After nan n pop and the circles around them. 20’s have a 1 in 500 chance of dying with the covid. Gramps 1 in 10.

Agree though they are the super spreaders.

So really we need a shit tonne of vaccines, Scotty From Marketing*.

<insert so where the bloody hell are ya gif>

Gronk

Staff member
Not even remotely.

A smoker can easily choose to do all the things a non smoker chooses to do, they are not excluded, their smoking is. I'm a smoker, and it doesn't interfere in that way at all.

I can go anywhere a non smoker can go, I just can't smoke in many places, that's ok, I don't smoke inside, or in my car, cause it f**king stinks. But I make that choice.
The analogy is correct whilst you are smoking. Maybe there is a better one out there, but it boils down to the majority’s rights vs the minority’s rights.

hindy111

Immortal
Not even remotely.

I rarely smoke but enjoy the odd one. And agree it hasn't changed a lot. People smoke in the streets, outside of restruants, in designated areas in every other event.

Bandwagon

Staff member
The analogy is correct whilst you are smoking. Maybe there is a better one out there, but it boils down to the majority’s rights vs the minority’s rights.

The analogy is shit. for the reason I've explained.

And since when have you been a champion of the rights of the majority of that of minorities? That's a might is right stance.

The "right' not to be in the presence of the unvaccinated doesn't seem to me a right at all, there's an ethical argument around the responsibilities that come attached with freedoms, but that's very much a two way street. I don't see creating a two tiered society based on what is after all a personal medical decision, as a cut and dried ethical or moral argument.

As I said before, there are situations where that can make perfect sense, where the ramifications of ones choices can be so great as to require one to be excluded as the effect of exercising ones rights is far outweighed by the cost imposed on others. I don't know we are there yet with this kind of exclusion, particularly when we understand that herd immunity is gained at some point less than 100% inoculation.

Maybe there's a valid argument for this kind of thing to be temporary pending a greater percentage of vaxxed in the community, although that too might need to be qualified with availability and the logistical limitations of the rollout it's self. For example if every single person in the US wanted to be vaxxed, how long would it then take to achieve, and should the people that are inevitably forced to wait ( they're at 50% after eight months or so ) be excluded on the basis of something that is then out their control.

hindy111

Immortal
Why is the government allowed to make these new rules without the people being able to vote? We are all slowly become these little plebs who have to follow all the rules like good little sheeple written by these stale old men.
What are they trying to create? There are so many rules these days on anything you want to do that all the fun has gone out of it.

Happy MEel

First Grade
This guy has had dozens of videos removed that just discussed the evidence for things like ivermectin. Will likely soon have his channel deleted.

Dr Be(a)n

images

Sorry IALB, couldn’t help myself.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Why is the government allowed to make these new rules without the people being able to vote? We are all slowly become these little plebs who have to follow all the rules like good little sheeple written by these stale old men.
What are they trying to create? There are so many rules these days on anything you want to do that all the fun has gone out of it.

It's called representative democracy.

If you don't like the rules made by your representative, vote them out.

Mind you they'll be replaced by some merkin that'll just make similar rules but that's another argument.

Gronk

Staff member
Maybe there's a valid argument for this kind of thing to be temporary pending a greater percentage of vaxxed in the community, although that too might need to be qualified with availability and the logistical limitations of the rollout it's self. For example if every single person in the US wanted to be vaxxed, how long would it then take to achieve, and should the people that are inevitably forced to wait ( they're at 50% after eight months or so ) be excluded on the basis of something that is then out their control.
Correct, nobody said this was a forever thing. This is a 1:100 year pandemic. How they exit this thing is going to evolve. Governments make line in the sand decisions all the time and there are always losers (for want of a better term).