What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Kornstar

Coach
The thing with this allowing businesses to ban people is where does it stop?

You allow some businesses to do it, why won't all the others demand they should be allowed too?

So you end up with a portion of your population banned from practically everything ...... gonna end well

Will that portion of the population be enough to make sure that they always get a table because of reduced patronage? Never have to wait for a table ever again!!

Gronk

Staff member
E76-ZfOXEAEkWd_

eels_fan

Bench
Aude Alaskar, 27, collapsed inside the Liverpool unit he shared with his wife on Tuesday and was unable to be revived by paramedics.

But Mr Alaskar’s family claimed he received a clear Covid test the day before he died and said his family had a long history of heart problems.

“She said he was having a shower, he just fell down. His heart stopped out of nowhere and he was vomiting on the floor,” his cousin Bash Mnati told the Daily Telegraph.

so if he had a clear test the day prior, then he didn’t die of covid. He died, which is incredibly sad, but he died after having recovered from covid.

Well, it seems that he was not vaccinated (hardly surprising as he was 27), and had no known underlying health conditions. Though whether or not he died 'from' Covid or the extent to which Covid induced another immediate cause will be determined by the coroner.

A 27-year-old man died "suddenly" from COVID-19 at his Sydney home as NSW recorded 233 new infections and Premier Gladys Berejiklian warned the Delta outbreak would get worse. Aude Alaskar had no underlying health conditions and died yesterday at his home in the south-west Sydney suburb of Warwick Farm.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-04/nsw-records-233-covid19-cases/100348094

The content of the deleted tweet is included in an attachment to a new tweet (as cited by Gronk).

Well, it seems that he was not vaccinated (hardly surprising as he was 27), and had no known underlying health conditions. Though whether or not he died 'from' Covid or the extent to which Covid induced another immediate cause will be determined by the coroner.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-04/nsw-records-233-covid19-cases/100348094

The content of the deleted tweet is included in an attachment to a new tweet (as cited by Gronk).
We'll see but the post above yours suggests there might be more to it.

So how does the journalist get from 'the family has a history of heart conditions' (what Mr Al-Askar's cousin actually told this journalist) to 'the family said he had a heart condition' (the bullet point summary on the left)? And where is the incosistency b/w the paramedics saying he had heart failure, and the hospital saying that Covid was a contributing factor to the poor chap's death?

Gronk

Staff member
Someone dies of covid and one side of the argument are pre-emptying his cause of death (discounting the fact that covid can leave you with shit organs). If the coroner ends up finding that covid accelerated his death, then he was going to die anyway.

Before you go off half cocked, the likelihood that old mate Aude was going to die this year or any time soon is pretty slim because most heart conditions are very treatable.

eels_fan

Bench
discounting the fact that covid can leave you with shit organs
In a serious case that hospitalises you, sure. Not in a case of a young healthy person who remained at home through his entire infection and recovery period

So how does the journalist get from 'the family has a history of heart conditions' (what Mr Al-Askar's cousin actually told this journalist) to 'the family said he had a heart condition' (the bullet point summary on the left)? And where is the incosistency b/w the paramedics saying he had heart failure, and the hospital saying that Covid was a contributing factor to the poor chap's death?
I don't know mate, you'd have to ask the journo. And I would say the paramedics not mentioning covid as a cause but the hospital doing so is an inconsistency.

hindy111

Immortal
I find it rude when I’ve created heaps of room and some f**kwit decides to stand next to me and forces me to go somewhere else to finish my durrie.

Its almost as bad as having a row full of cubicles and watching someone taking a slash right next to you.

What about merkins who try and have a conversation in the troff while trying to piss.

If I was having a smoke and someone come close to me I'd blow it in their face. You where there first. You are to nice.

What is this suggesting? That NSW Health are hiding the death? Gladys said all of that in her daily update and that he had COVID but it was later in the stages of having COVID and that it was odd and that was the reason for referring to the Coroner.

And of course once again the family say he died of a heart attack and history of heart problems etc. I have a friend who's wife will tell (and constantly has it on her FB) you her kid is gravely ill, suicidal, depressed, anxiety, anorexic on her way into the grave. Talk to my friend and he says his daughter is ok and that the wife dramatises it.

People lie for their own reasons, I don't think you can take only their word for it.
I'm not taking anyone's word. Not Gladys or Chant or NSW Health or the family. But when they call it a covid death, as they did, I think there's reason that might be in question.