What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

hindy111

Immortal
You are aware, vaccinated people can still pass on the virus, right?

Yes. And people who are vaxed won't give a shit. Reality is they will feel they've done their sacrifice and had a dose of the marvelous medicine. The only people they can harm are onens who refuse to get it. They won't care.
Of cause there will be a few that been double dosed who will catch and die. I'd assume those where on last legs already tho. They can't save everyone unfortunately. Some will slip thru net.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I'll hang out with anyone prepared to hang out with me. Vaxed,unvaxed whatever.
Mate, don’t get me wrong. I’m not excluding anyone from my circle of friends (although everyone I regularly talk to have had at least one dose or are planning to get it). I’m simply saying that given the choice between two businesses providing a similar offering, I’m going to go with the one only permitting vaxxed people in.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
You are aware, vaccinated people can still pass on the virus, right?
My neighbour in my building here in the city is a surgeon. He likes fly fishing. He said that being unvaccinated is like going out fishing in a storm and getting drenched. Being vaccinated is like going out in a storm with your waist-high waders, hat, gumboots and gloves. He said you might still get a little wet, but it won't be enough to bother most people.

Gronk

Staff member
Looks like the official narrative is starting to fall apart. Let's hope it hurries up.

Is this satire, like Betoota or Onion ? They've flipped "Karens" from being the recalcitrant non-compliant crazy cat lady to the poor lady being chased by people with masks. 🤣

We are still invited to sanitize ourselves when going indoors. People still mask up in proximity to others. The “Karens” of the world are still actively shaming and denouncing anyone suspected of non-compliance. 🤣

Anyway since when have boosters become a problem ?

If you have kids, you'd know that they get boosters all the time. Hep B for example @ birth, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months. Boosters, boosters, boosters.

Attachments

• national-immunisation-program-schedule-for-all-people.pdf
    147.2 KB · Views: 0

Gronk

Staff member
Looks like the official narrative is starting to fall apart. Let's hope it hurries up.

Context: Some people think that booster shots are premature, when third world countries are not fully vaccinated.

My neighbour in my building here in the city is a surgeon. He likes fly fishing. He said that being unvaccinated is like going out fishing in a storm and getting drenched. Being vaccinated is like going out in a storm with your waist-high waders, hat, gumboots and gloves. He said you might still get a little wet, but it won't be enough to bother most people.
merkin should stay in his lane, amirite?

Gary Gutful

Immortal
I know exactly what he’s saying, and that is the doctor is essential. I get that.
So what exactly was your point if you accept that the Dr is conducting essential activities in an environment where they are trying to mitigate risk?

Can you elaborate on how that is comparable to an unvaccinated person getting a coffee?

Gary Gutful

Immortal
Yes. And people who are vaxed won't give a shit. Reality is they will feel they've done their sacrifice and had a dose of the marvelous medicine. The only people they can harm are onens who refuse to get it. They won't care.
Of cause there will be a few that been double dosed who will catch and die. I'd assume those where on last legs already tho. They can't save everyone unfortunately. Some will slip thru net.
The underlying motive for most people getting it is a return to some level of normality.

Stands to reason that those people will be looking to enjoy their lives once restrictions are lifted.

But there is always a risk I guess. Even vaccinated merkins can get sick and die.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
I’ve noticed some complacency up here in recent months. Mainly with social distancing.

Been in a few very crowded areas. A very crowded room yesterday that could have been avoided.

Context: Some people think that booster shots are premature, when third world countries are not fully vaccinated.

You're an expert on booster shots now? Can you give us the trial data on the safety and efficacy of booster shots for covid?

Gronk

Staff member
I just know how you hate unqualified people talking about this stuff so I'm sure you told him where to go.
He wasn't on social media trying to influence people's decisions. We were talking about the history of vaccines. We didn't even discuss if either of us were vaccinated. I don't see any relevance. Anyway I thought you were not against childhood vaccines?

He wasn't on social media trying to influence people's decisions. We were talking about the history of vaccines. We didn't even discuss if either of us were vaccinated. I don't see any relevance. Anyway I thought you were not against childhood vaccines?
But you are on social media trying to influence people's decisions. So I guess we should be telling you to stay in your lane. I didn't mention anything about childhood vaccines.

IFR33K

Coach
So what exactly was your point if you accept that the Dr is conducting essential activities in an environment where they are trying to mitigate risk?

Can you elaborate on how that is comparable to an unvaccinated person getting a coffee?

So it’s entirely acceptable for an infected doctor to go out into the communities of our most vulnerable, not sure if he was tested beforehand. He will most definitely pose a risk to the elderly and the staff.

yet a healthy unvaxxed and tested person is posing a risk to whom, may I ask?????

@Suitman i seen you like Gary’s post. How would you feel about the situation if the doctor (god forbid) infected your parents?

not sure what even you’re arguing about Gary.

IFR33K

Coach

Your neighbours neighbour, sounds like a merkin.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
So it’s entirely acceptable for an infected doctor to go out into the communities of our most vulnerable, not sure if he was tested beforehand. He will most definitely pose a risk to the elderly and the staff.

yet a healthy unvaxxed and tested person is posing a risk to whom, may I ask?????

@Suitman i seen you like Gary’s post. How would you feel about the situation if the doctor (god forbid) infected your parents?

not sure what even you’re arguing about Gary.
It’s pretty obvious what I am suggesting (not arguing) and I am actually trying to better understand what you have raised.

So let me see if I understand what your issue is. Is it testing?

So we need to test every Dr that visits a patient and every person that goes to a cafe and if the test proves they are OK then happy days?

What do you propose we do about the injustices that you’ve raised?

Latest posts