What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

eels_fan

First Grade
I find criticism of someone’s genuine and honest expression of their views of risk sad and shallow.
and you are more than welcome to that opinion. People can do what they want, and people can have an opinion on what those people do. It's all good.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
They want to be the big man and be in control and hate authority.
You’ve nailed it Hindy111. Big factor in my mind.

That’s how I viewed the world 20 years ago. After spending time with decision makers and being part of the process my views have changed.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
My garbage bins go out more than I do ffs!
Best quote of the thread.

Totally understandable that people are looking for a way out of this and are willing to comply on certain issues.

I know that family is close to you and I hope that you, like many get to spend more time with them soon.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I would be horrified but what can we do?

Tbh, mate, I'm so over this discussion and I'm so over covid and so over the life we are living atm.
I'm double vaxed and am fine with that but life is still getting me down. Have seen my parents twice since last Christmas.
Have only seen one of my brothers 3 times in the past few months, and none of the others, nor my sister since last Christmas.
I rarely get to see the kids.
I'm f**king over it all.
Work, eat, sleep is my daily routine. Day after day. Groundhog day if you like. I'm kinda lucky because I can still work on the building site daily, but that does nothing for ones mental health when there is no life outside of that.
My garbage bins go out more than I do ffs!
I hear you mate and the monotony is getting to me a bit too. Hopefully it’s only for another few weeks and we can all have a beer soon.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
and you are more than welcome to that opinion. People can do what they want, and people can have an opinion on what those people do. It's all good.
Don’t be all non-commital now FFS. You were the one that originally said that someone else’s views were sad and shallow!

eels_fan

First Grade
I will do me mate. I have to choose one of them don’t I, why is it a sad and shallow approach to choose the one I feel most comfortable in?
Yeah look, i wasn't meaning to be harsh and re-reading it does come across that way. I just hate the idea of segregation entirely - not just in covid situations.

It wasn't that long ago in the scheme of things that society told everyone that being gay was wrong, and people from the LGBT community had to go to separate venues. Or people with different coloured skin couldnt go to certain venues.

For the large part this country had become so much more inclusive in recent times with same sex marriage, adoption rights etc etc, i hate the idea that people regardless of their personal choices being isolated from friendship groups or family circles.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
Yeah look, i wasn't meaning to be harsh and re-reading it does come across that way. I just hate the idea of segregation entirely - not just in covid situations.

It wasn't that long ago in the scheme of things that society told everyone that being gay was wrong, and people from the LGBT community had to go to separate venues. Or people with different coloured skin couldnt go to certain venues.

For the large part this country had become so much more inclusive in recent times with same sex marriage, adoption rights etc etc, i hate the idea that people regardless of their personal choices being isolated from friendship groups or family circles.
Fair point mate.

Happy MEel

First Grade

Well that’s a much better explanation of where you were coming from. Whilst I agree with your premise, I tend to disagree that segregation for the sake of public health is at the same level as those other examples you gave. All good though.

Happy MEel

First Grade
When it all settles I am heading to the Northern Beaches for a craft beer tour with yourself and @Noise.

I’ll ‘accidentally’ forget my wallet but I assume you are both good for it?
I’m in. I’ve been saving the beer coasters you get when purchasing a case of four pines, which entitles you to a pint so we’ll be sweet. Definitely have to head down to Brookie at some stage during the tour. It’s like a craft beer Mecca

Noise

Coach
When it all settles I am heading to the Northern Beaches for a craft beer tour with yourself and @Noise.

I’ll ‘accidentally’ forget my wallet but I assume you are both good for it?
For sure. We open up on October 18 which is a Monday. I am working from home that day which means I'm available. I will see you at one of these fine establishments in Brookie at 9:30am. @HappyMeel would be honoured to shout. We can then cross the road and take a dump on Brookvale Oval because...Manly.

1631787172368.png

Gary Gutful

Immortal
I'm sure you will find people with letters next to their name on each side of the fence
That’s true. It’s always complex when the science isn’t settled and often becomes political.

I did a road tour in 2015 about science related to the Great Barrier Reef. My main concern was that people should be free to fiddle mermaids.

Given the cases in highly vaccinated countries I don't see how they could be having much effect on transmission. Certainly not enough for all the disruption the vax passports will cause. And if authorities hadn't spent ages scaring the shit out of people then we wouldn't have the absurd situation of young healthy people still worried about getting infected even after their jabs.

Gary Gutful

Immortal
Given the cases in highly vaccinated countries I don't see how they could be having much effect on transmission. Certainly not enough for all the disruption the vax passports will cause. And if authorities hadn't spent ages scaring the shit out of people then we wouldn't have the absurd situation of young healthy people still worried about getting infected even after their jabs.
How are the deaths looking in highly vaccinated countries? Cases aren’t as important as mortality rates. Or are they? I say that as if that’s a given but I don’t even know where the truth lies anymore.

Latest posts