What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons 2020 - 22 COVID-19 discussion thread

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Got lucky and got vaccine appointments for my teenagers in early October. Pretty good as one stage couldn’t get anything until late November.

looks like my whole family will be vaccinated by late October.

Can’t wait to get out catch up with my daughter/family. Get a meal out with family, session with the mates, listen to a band, etc etc…

it’s been a long time locked down....

strider

Post Whore
Of course the irony of the joke is that its actually the unvaccinated who should be telling the dirty vaccinated to stay away ... you will be all running round sticking your spit down eachothers throats, thinking you can't possibly be infectious

Happy MEel

First Grade
Of course the irony of the joke is that its actually the unvaccinated who should be telling the dirty vaccinated to stay away ... you will be all running round sticking your spit down eachothers throats, thinking you can't possibly be infectious
I’m certainly hoping that’s how this pub crawl goes.

Happy MEel

First Grade
the seagulls of society .... we will fit right in on the northern beaches
We’ll be keeping a close eye on you Strider

images

Gronk

Staff member
They are dropping dead like flies now. I've had the magic medicine so I feel somewhat a little safer.

A client of mine said to me an hour ago that he didn't think that all the lockdowns / masks was worth it and they should have just kept open and dealt with it. He said that there would hardly be a difference in the end. Look at the flu deaths from past years, he said. I allowed my silence to imply assent (because he pays me $$$) however for a smart guy, I think he's off the rails.

Common sense tells me that he is not taking into account that our low death numbers are a direct result of social distancing, lockdowns, masks etc. Am I missing something ?

In 2020 we had 909 covid deaths.

In 2021 (75% of the way through) we have had (1141-909) 232 covid deaths.

1631851738495.png

If we adopted Sweden's casual lockdown model our comparative death toll to date would have been 36,882.

[Based on Sweden having population of 10M and AU 25M]

1631852172977.png

If this virus is so deadly to young people then how can the median age of death be 86?

• COVID-19 cases were reported across all ages:
    • the median age of all cases is 32 years (range: 0 to 106 years)
    • the median age of deaths is 86 years (range: 27 to 106 years).

Gronk

Staff member
If this virus is so deadly to young people then how can the median age of death be 86?

• COVID-19 cases were reported across all ages:
    • the median age of all cases is 32 years (range: 0 to 106 years)
    • the median age of deaths is 86 years (range: 27 to 106 years).
"So deadly" is not a phrase that I have seen anyone use.

Latest posts