What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Test :: 17th - 21st October :: India vs Australia @ Mohali

Second test result :: India vs Australia

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
paulyt said:
I'd prefer them both gone but as I said the selectors want to keep him.

Here is the team I'd like to see
Hayden
Katich
Ponting
M. Hussey
D. Hussey
Symonds
Haddin
Johnson (Clark when fit)
Lee
Bracken
Bollinger (McGain when fit)

So you're keeping Hayden and getting rid of Clarke? May I remind you that you said (when talking about Clarke):

it seems as though he's taking his place for granted

Now, if Hayden isn't doing that at the moment and the fact he's 37, then I'm a Dutch astronaut ...

Sorry I meant the first innings we rolled them comfortably (I think..150 odd).

I didnt even realise steve waugh declared in first innings, but regardless its about why we attacked those last 2 sessions, you answered it and your right to why, but it shows no logic.

now you have me confused :lol:

i meant enforced the follow on i'm thinking of another test

either way his arrogance cost us ... 16 straight tests they thought they could walk on water

_goParra

Juniors
Sorry I meant the first innings we rolled them comfortably (I think..150 odd).

I didnt even realise steve waugh declared in first innings, but regardless its about why we attacked those last 2 sessions, you answered it and your right to why, but it shows no logic.

Pretty sure Waugh did not declare.. Australia were bowled out for 440 odd. The only declaration in that match came from India.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
WTF did Clarke do to earn the crap pauly is putting on him :?

There are easily more players who could be turfed before Clarke's role is even called into question.

Not to mention he's uh... the vice-captain? FMD.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I don't mind Clarke in the side, he should be at no6 as it suits his game more. But he is the captain in waiting and to be honest he won't be going anywhere

HevyDevy

Coach
Watson would have played regardless of Symonds, he would have played ahead of White. He deserved another chance as he is technically one of our best bats.

I'll ask again - please stop crapping on about which batsmen are the most 'technically correct'. You're just making more of a dick of yourself.

shane watson take note at how johnson defends ... watson's dismissal was laughable. no footwork, no bat movement he just stood there like a statue ... just like he did in the first test

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
the only thing i hate about Johnson's batting is that his average is extremely good (if lucky to be that high), and this MIGHT count towards his future selection. I think we are at a general consensus that Johnson's bowling is below many of the others waiting on the wings?

"Watson one of the most technically correct!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a prime candidate for funniest post of the year. If we have a Cricketing section for that award then that would win hands down. Thats akin to saying that White is a better spinner than Warne. Utter BS of the highest order!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can we just have an automatic filter that moves this goose's posts immediately to the Pavillion section?

Bazal

Post Whore
The electors need to bite the bullet and drop Clarke, bring in D.Hussey. Just because Clarke is blonde and decent looking doesn't mean he should be in the Australian side. He only averages 42 in first class cricket, get rid of him.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If not for Clarke this would have been over yesterday. Give yourself twenty...what a stunningly dumb thing to say

Y2Eel

First Grade
Jaques
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Haddin-Needs to pull finger out
Some Spinner whos knows....
Lee
Johnson
Clark
Bracken/Hilfenhaus/Bollinger

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If not for Clarke this would have been over yesterday. Give yourself twenty...what a stunningly dumb thing to say

If anything, they should elevate Clarke to the captaincy role asap. Ponting has obviously lost his marbles. Ponting has become too used to just being able to call on McGrath and Warne to dig the team out of the sh!t. Now that he actually has to think about the game and set fields to help bowl a team out, he has been shown up for the dreadful tactician that he really is.

I'm at work so I'm just following the game on the net and I can't find a weather report anywhere. For those that are watching on TV, is there any chance that it may rain a bit over there?

Bazal

Post Whore
If anything, they should elevate Clarke to the captaincy role asap. Ponting has obviously lost his marbles. Ponting has become too used to just being able to call on McGrath and Warne to dig the team out of the sh!t. Now that he actually has to think about the game and set fields to help bowl a team out, he has been shown up for the dreadful tactician that he really is.

Agreed....I've said a few times that Pontings captaincy has been utterly baffling during this series, he just seems to have no idea how to win a Test match